Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
mperk
Established Member

M.O.C. #1124
Pin Box Bike Rack

I seem to remember some time back a bike rack one of the members built and installed on the pin box of there 5ver. I have tried a search but no luck. Any help finding this again would be welcome. My wife is trying to find away to block this site because I just keep coming up with more things to do and money to spend. Maybe I need to concentrate on a few of the frilly things to make her happy.
Thanks

mperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:04 AM   #2
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
Try this link
http://www.toppoprails.com/
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Mike
I contacted this company from an ad in Trailer Life or Good Sam, I don't remember which one. They responded almost immediately. We plan on doing this when we go full time. We were really impressed with the quality and the fact it can be moved to the TV for field trips.
Happy trails........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
I used a front trailer hitch on my dually and went from Mass to s.Carolina and back with no problems...put a cable thru both bikes and locked them, this was cheeper about $150.00 and solid, maybe I can get a pict. plus I can keep an eye on them while driveing
I got my hitch from Etrailer .com

cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:33 AM   #5
dcowie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3207
I recently purchased the DL Toprail for the pin box. Have not installed it on the RV but did us it on my SUV to haul bikes. Installed easily, it is built solid. Switching from the RV to the tow vehicle will be very easy. I may have to go to my dealer to install it on the RV. I would imagine the existing bolts on the pin box are torqued beyond what my tools can handle. My Trail Arie pin box is about 1/2 inch short in width for the brackets to fit the bike bar, but Al at Toprails said the extra 1/4 inch thick brackets should fill out the space needed. The rack is expensive, but at least the value is there as well as versatility.
Doug
dcowie is offline   Reply With Quote