Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Letter to Dogs and Cats

I found this on the net and thought I'd share...

Dear Dogs and Cats,

The dishes with the paw print are yours and contain your food. The other dishes are mine and contain my food. Please note, placing a paw print in the middle of my plate and food does not stake a claim for it becoming your food and dish, nor do I find that aesthetically pleasing.
The stairway was not designed by NASCAR and is not a racetrack. Beating me to the bottom is not the object. Tripping me doesn't help, because I fall faster than you can run.
I cannot buy anything bigger than a king-sized bed. I am very sorry about this. Do not think I will continue sleeping on the couch to ensure your comfort. Dogs and cats can actually curl up in a ball when they sleep. It is not necessary to sleep perpendicular to each other stretched out to the fullest extent possible. I also know that sticking tails straight out and having tongues hanging out the other end to maximize space is nothing but sarcasm.
For the last time, there is not a secret exit from the bathroom. If by some miracle I beat you there and manage to get the door shut, it is not necessary to claw, whine, meow, try to turn the knob, or get your paw under the edge and try to pull the door open. I must exit through the same door I entered. I have been using the bathroom for years-canine or feline attendance is not mandatory.
The proper order is kiss me, then go smell the other dog or cat's butt. I cannot stress this enough!
To pacify you my dear pets, I have posted the following message on our front door:
Rules for Non-Pet Owners Who Visit and Like to Complain About Our Pets:
1) They live here. You don't.
2) If you don't want hair on your clothes, stay off the furniture. (That's why they call it 'fur'niture.)
3) I like my pets better than I like most people.
4) To you it's an animal. To me, he/she is an adopted son or daughter who is short, hairy, walks on all fours and does not speak clearly.

Remember: Dogs and cats are better than kids because they eat less, don't ask for money all the time, usually come when called, never drive your car, don't hang out with drug-using friends, don't smoke or drink, don't worry about having to buy the latest fashions, don't wear your clothes. don't need a gazillion dollars for college, and if they get pregnant, you can sell their children.

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Kimmrg
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1217
You said it all! Great post!
Kimmrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:13 PM   #3
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Great! That could apply to our dogs and cat!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #4
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Our dog is still pretty well trained, even after growing up with kids in the house. She won't get on our bed unless we put a blanket up there for her. Then it's a race to get on the bed first....and of course she always takes my side...
We keep saying after this dog goes, we're done, but we always manage to find some cute little puppy we can't resist. It's hard to be without our little companions.
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:02 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Not a pet owner but I love the letter. Great post!
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:50 AM   #6
refocused
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6586
Got a big chuckle out of that one - so true - our cat's favorite place is on my lap when I am on the computer or on the bed with us when we are having another cup of coffee in the morning!

Suzanne
refocused is offline   Reply With Quote