Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
greener
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7882
Great window cleaner!

I bought the new Windex window cleaner that has an extension handle. I can reach all the windows without a ladder!(with help from DH)
We`ve had some rain since I cleaned them and there are still no spots. You must use a hose to pre-wet and rinse the glass.

greener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 AM   #2
Lambchop
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5793
Sounds Good! I'll give it a try................

Roy
Lambchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
I got water spots on my windows from Florida water I can't get rid of.I've tried many things from windex to micro clothes.

I'll try the vinegar
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:53 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Gary,
Have you tried a 50/50 of vinegar and water?

I have seen the Windex cleaner but I'm still using the Mr. Clean machine and it does a fine job. DW likes it when I clean them so if she's happy, I'm happy - some times.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 02:44 AM   #5
Tincup703
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6385
An old NY cabbie told me about how they used newspaper to clean water spots off windshields. I use it all the time with a white vinegar and water mix to clean my windows and it works very well.
Tincup703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 03:03 AM   #6
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Gary,
Have you tried a 50/50 of vinegar and water?

I have seen the Windex cleaner but I'm still using the Mr. Clean machine and it does a fine job. DW likes it when I clean them so if she's happy, I'm happy - some times.
Wayne, there is something wrong with this post.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:26 AM   #7
beakyfudd
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8751
Had streaks on our rear window that I tried vinegar/water with newspaper. I knew about the newspaper from years ago, and the DW and I are sold on using vinegar for many things. Anyway, I went over that window "ALOT", and still have most of the streaks. I will get back on it when my arms cool off. I have no idea why it has so many streaks. Jim
beakyfudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Tincup - Cherokee?
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #9
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Just curious, had anyone ever used rain-x on the windows. I'm wondering how it would do.
Old 05-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

Just curious, had anyone ever used rain-x on the windows. I'm wondering how it would do.
Good point! I use it on my truck windows all the time but it never dawned on me to use it on the rig. I bet it would work great. Only problem, and it's not really a problem, is that the rear bay window gets very dirty traveling down the road. This may defeat the purpose of Rain-X. But then, possibly just a hosing down of the window would make it all sparkling clean! Glad you brought up the idea.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I have used it and it has worked great. I actually thought I was using window cleaner and wondered why the water ran off the windows like it was waxed. I will continue to use rain-x on my big picture window.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #12
detailman

M.O.C. #8951
I use rain-x on alot of my customers rigs and it works greeat
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

detailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
PartyCrashers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4524
Rain-X?

Here's a funny story....

Three years ago...not kidding three years ago, my son said "hey Mom tell me if this stuff works?" and he wiped a cloth down the middle of my driver side window.

Many months later as I got into my pick-up, I noticed on a raining morning that there was a section of the window that had no rain on it. It seemed dry.

Few days later when all the other windows had frost on them a section of the window was clear....I thought I must of rubbed against the window getting in the truck ( even thou my shoulder does not reach that high, but hey am I really not thinking here anyways?!)

Months later again I notice this spot on my window that I must keep rubbing against when I get in the truck because this spot is always dry in the early morning.....

Ok comes the morning I take time to measure myself against this spot on the window....So as I am driving to work I am really thinking about "why is this spot always dry?"....

....then I remember the time my son rubbed a cloth on my window....now it all comes back to me, so one day while on the phone I asked my son about that day he rubbed the cloth on my window, "what was it?"...

Rain-X,..... and here I am three years later with all the outside elements and the repeated washings and window cleaners used on my truck....that one spot that my son rubbed a cloth with Rain-X on still stays dry on rainy days and dewy mornings.

Lesson learned....I think I will go out and buy a bottle of Rain-X and use the heck out of it.

Jeeeesh Denise!
PartyCrashers is offline   Reply With Quote