Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2018, 03:11 PM   #1
cwalker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9730
Mark Thread As Read

I have looked and I don't see an answer for this. It seems like it used to be that if I read a thread it wouldn't be bolded anymore. Now even if I read it it's still bolded. I've looked in my user options and don't see a setting for this, other than to limit the number of days to see posts. What am I missing? Thanks!

cwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 06:36 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I am not sure how the software actually works but here are my experiences.

1.) If you read the topic via a selection in the right hand pane labeled "Recent Threads", the bold attribute goes away after being read.

2.) If you read the topic via the "Today's Post" list or via a direct selection from the list in a sub-forum, the topic will not be unbolded until the page is refreshed.

I prefer to use the "Recent Threads" list to see what has changed since the last time I logged on. This method has the advantage of positioning you at the first unread post in the thread. As the list is limited to 16 (?) threads (don't ask me why) I then use the "Today's Post" list. This method positions you at the last post in the thread and you have to find any other posts in the thread that you haven't read.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:43 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Cindy, if you have read the post or thread and someone posts on that thread after you've read it it will go into bold print again! I've posted numerous times and come back to read it a new hours later and someone has posted a response and it has gone back to bold print again. I'm assuming it is just the way the program is set up on this particular site. Remember this is a new site compared to what it was a year and a half or so ago.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 11:21 AM   #4
cwalker
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9730
Thanks for the replies. That really helps!
cwalker is offline   Reply With Quote