Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2010, 02:43 PM   #1
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Model 3750 FL

We have looked at all of the Montana floor plans until the brochure fell apart and Keystone kicked us off of the Montana website! Well, not really but we did our homework and visited many dealers and sat and compared units. In the end, we chose the 2010 3750 FL and take delivery on it 7/15. We are very excited and it looks like an awesome floorplan. Any thoughts about this model? We're hoping some current 3750 owners share their feedback.

I'm an new member and and appreciate your input.

Rich

snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Rich, I don't know of anyone who has the new FL model. I did look at one and really liked it. Not sure if I like the rear door opening up into the bath room though. We have the 3400 with the large picture window in back and would find it hard to give that up. If we were in the looking mode we might consider the FL....

Welcome to: "The Best Darned Forum on the WWW"
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Cool model.... 5 slides, too! The only thing I didn't like about the floor plan is that I prefer an enclosed toilet. The 2nd door exterior door to the bathroom seems clever but that means that there are 3 doors to lock for ultimate privacy.

The rest of it is very nice.

I thought I recall someone else recently bought that floor plan and I hope they come along to post.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:36 AM   #4
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Thanks for your responses. We are excited about the coach. We will have to come up with a method to assure privacy for the person in the bathroom.A simple knock on the door or locks or latches on the door could work. A lot of coaches have walk through bathrooms so it shouldn't be a problem. Regarding the exterior door in the bathroom it will have to be locked when someone is using it. When we get it we'll document our move in and first time out for the MOC members.

Rich
Old 07-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #5
boje
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8761
We purchased our 3750 last December. I was at our local dealer Saturday, and went through the new 3750 they had on site to see if they made any changes. The two major items I noticed were that they now have privacy glass on the entry doors instead of clear, and they have trimmed down the Montana woodwork over the living room slides.

I personally like the bath, as I felt a little claustrophobic in the 3400 unit that we traded in. We also have a combo w/d unit installed.

Due to some serious landscaping on the stick n brick, we have not yet took it on the maiden voyage. We have blocked out September to break her in.

Enjoy your unit.
boje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #6
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Thanks Boje. The changes you identified are minor and it makes me want to put window tint on the entry doors. My dealer didn't have a 2011 or I would have bought that and he can't get one because this floor plan is so hot right now. Enjoy and I will keep you posted on our experience with our coach.

Thanks

Rich
Old 07-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Rich, let us know how the storage works out for you. I know the basement was about half the size of our 340 RLQ but there is that extra exterior storage under the bed. Inquiring minds want to know..Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Rich another quick Question: What about the IS system??? New or with out?
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 04:35 PM   #9
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Hello Dave:

When we started shopping I was impressed with the overall huge storage capacity of the Montanas. When we narrowed down the choices, with the 3750 a strong candidate, one big sacrifice is the storage compartment which is half of the size of the others. However, the floor plan captured our interest and sometimes you have to give to get. We just got back from a trip and I weighed our current rig, and truck, and determined we added 2100 lbs to the fiver. When we took everything out last night, we couldn't believe the stuff we were pulling around and we threw out 2 trash bags of junk we accumulated over several years of camping. So I say that to say this; the smaller storage will cause me to think about what I'm bringing which will keep my weight down. I'm confident that the stuff I really need will fit just fine but I will have to be smarter. The outside storage under the head of the bed is practical and pretty big so I'll use that to my advantage.

At the risk of embarrassing myself, IS system?

Thanks for your reply and I will continue to update this thread as we move in and learn about the coach.

Rich
Old 07-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Well we took delivery of the 2010 3750 FL on Thursday and what a terrific floor plan and coach. Yesterday several of our friends came over to see it and we actually had 15 people inside checking it out, socializing, and we were comfortable. The floor plan is huge. With the two couches up front, we had 7 and 8 people sitting at different times and they were comfortable. The Samsung 40" TV is excellent and so is the Samsung Receiver and surround sound. The sound is unbelievable for a camper and it is like sitting in our living room, just elevated. The 12 foot refridge is a dream. It is huge and my wife is in camper heaven! We have already replaced the ugly bedspread on our king size bed and it looks great.

What was interesting is that this fiver is 1200 lbs heavier, has a lighter pin weight, then my previous fiver but I got better MPG gallon towing this beast. This camper is so well balanced, with the axles 30 inches more forward. We did 11.8 miles per gallon towing 12, 200, with a comainbed weight of a bit under 21,000 so we are good with all truck ratings.

We will keep you posted on what we find, like, dislike with this floor plan. So far, only many likes.

Rich

Old 07-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
That's great to hear Rich, glad you're enjoying it, I'm envious of you!!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #12
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

Simply love that floor plan. That is really nice hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Hello again. As promised we will share some feedback along the way about the 3750 FL as we move in and learn about it. First when we saw the amount of outside storage we were concerned about whether or not we could fit all of our stuff, especially after we saw how much crap we emptied out of our traded fiver. However, today we were pleasantly surprised. The pass through storage took every thing we wanted to put into it. We decided to make this storage area for all of our patio stuff so we stored two LaFluma recliners, a bin with globe lights for the awning, two chairs with trays, our grill, big patio mat, small plastic table, fold up metal table, and a 4 drawer storage bin I use to organize all of the accessories. The back storage in the bedroom slide turns out be much bigger then expected and is about only a quarter full. In that we stored our king pin stabilizer, BAL wheel chock device, 4 wheel chocks, 3 bags or Link Levelers. This is all of the stuff we need stabilize the coach. 75% of this storage space is unused. In the front storage area is my dish, tool box, and 4 new hooks where by satellite cable, 25' 30amp back up cord, two freshwater and one flush hoses will all hang. This storage area is mostly empty and I have nothing else to put in it.

This coach has all three tank drains behind a storage type door and it has an area with a metal floor with drainage, for the sewer hoses. In that compartment Is a 10', 15', a flush king, and the elbow. This find was a pleasant surprise which accommodates all of the sewer stuff.

On the inside things are progressing well. Can't say enough about the 12 cubic foot fridge. It redefines what a camping fridge is. The front living area is very comfortable and the Samsung 1080P 40 LCD is fantastic as is the surround sound. Still not sure if the one AC unit will cool the coach well enough. Today was around 90 and we used the quick cool got up as high as 76 when people were coming in and out. It was cool with no humidity inside and much better then outside. I'm thinking we might need the second AC in the bedroom but not quite sure. I know with the second unit it will stay much cooler and the arctic package really seems to help. We are still sorting out how to organized the kitchen. The storage is decent but much of it is a little high so we are still organizing it and it is going well. I'm sure other plans have more kitchen storage and some less.

The bedroom is awesome and the king bed, open floor space, and huge cedar closet takes no time to like. The one thing that needs to be adjusted is that there are no shelves at the head of the bed. We will have to install a few small shelves for glasses, alarm clock etc. You would think for this kind of money we would have a few shelves.

All and all we are liking the 3750 FL with no significant flaws or disappointments. The coach was delivered without the remote and it will be sent to us.

That's it for now and we look to a very busy Sunday to continue moving in.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #14
snowhawk2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10557
Hello MOC. We are back from our shakedown trip with our new 2010 3750 and we have some thoughts to share.

The floor plan is great on paper, and fantastic to live in. The way it is designed its more like a condo on wheels then a camper. With the front living room, side out dining area, roomy kitchen, full width bathroom, and separate master bedroom, it really feels like an apartment on wheels. We loved it and we had 4 people living in it for the weekend and no one was tripping over each other.

The living room area is very comfortable to sit back and relax in with two couches. The mood lights above the TV are a bit annoying if you are sitting toward the front of either couch. The samsung tv and surround sound is excellent and we were forced into several hours of movies because of rain. The recessed lighting in the two sides outs is nice but a bit bright. The mood of the living area with the mood lighting and fireplace is excellent.

The dining area is functional and comfortable and the table works great with swiveling sliding feature. The light above the table is a bit too dim.

The kitchen is functional with plenty of storage but you need a step stool because much of it is high. The 12' cubic refrigerator is wonderful and speaks for itself.

The bathroom shower was actually smaller then in our Mountianeer but still plenty big. We didn't care for the design of the shower stall because it only has a few shelves for shampoo, etc. A quick trip to Wally Mart and we bought a very nice shower caddy which fixed that problem. The shower head is a single functional joke that doesn't work well. A quick trip to Loews and Wally Mart and we can't match the color to get one with several spray options. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Plenty in white and chrome but none to color match our Montana. Bathroom storage was very good and the fantastic fan works great.

The master bedroom is huge as is the king bed. Under bed storage holds a ton as does the Cedar closet. A few complaints but nothing major; Keystone should have put a few corner shelves in so we have a place to put a clock, glasses, etc. Pretty simple fix as I will be installing some shelves.

Now we get to the AC. I think it will be a problem having only one AC so I think we will be installing a second unit. When it is 90 100 the unit struggled to stay below 78 even with the quick cool on. 39 feet with 5 side outs is a lot of square feet to cool.

Regarding the outside storage, no poblme here. While we thougth it may lack storage compared to other models we had plenty of room for all of our stuff.

Overall, we are more then pleased with the coach and found no problmes during the shake down cruise. Very good attention to detail and craftsmanship. I hope this infomraotion is helpful and please feel free to PM me if you have specific questions

Happy camping!

Rich AKA SnowHawk