Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2007, 12:48 PM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
TV graphics

Does the addition of the Montana graphics on the TV make me a real MOCer? Carl and Mike did this at the Shasta rally. Had fun doing this.

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Well NO not really but if it did than I fit right in.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
Quote:
quote:rlwhit Posted - Jun 18 2007 : 6:48:44 PM
Does the addition of the Montana graphics on the TV make me a real MOCer? Carl and Mike did this at the Shasta rally. Had fun doing this.
Yes Dick, I'd say you are a real MOCer. That looks very good, Dick. Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

We sure enjoyed the Shasta rally with you and Toni and our caravan home.

DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:14 AM   #4
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
Ok you have got my curiosity up. Where did you get the decals, how much were they and how was installation?
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 05:30 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
For me they were part of the purchase of my new Monty. Your dealer can order them for you thru Montana. Be sure you have your VIN# so as to get the graphics that actually match your rig. You do not have to order all the graphics on your Monty. Take a look at your TV and decide just which of the Monty's graphics will fit your TV without making it look over done or cluttered. I also paid a professional graphics company 200 bucks to install mine as I knew from experience that if you make a mistake installing them yourself you will be buying another set. Once you have started applying them there is no going back to start over. Besides trying to line them up properly, getting them on without air bubbles is a task that is difficult at best.

As they were part of the deal I have no idea as to the cost.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #6
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Dick, that really looks good and yep I would say everyone sees that truck will know you are a real moc'er
Glenn yours looks really great also I like that white truck, looks great with that monty! A matching pair.
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
I like it...understated and clean...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Nice job Dick! Learned well, you did.

When I saw "Mike and Amy"s decals in Buellton, I knew I had to copy them. The Montana Dealer can order them for you. They have pictures on the Keystone web site (the one the dealers can access) that show all the decals. What Mike, I, and (now) Dick choose is the decal from a rear kitchen Montana. It is a little smaller than the others and fits very well on the TV doors.

The dealer's price (for the decal we choose) is $5.61 plus shipping. What you pay is obviously larger. When I picked them up at the dealers I can tell you the total bill for two decals was $19.83 (including CA tax). Dick said he found prices to be much more in WA. But still not terribly expensive.

There was a certain amount of fear and trepidation to doing a self-install, particularily while camping at Mt. Shasta. But Mike had watched it done so four of us campers and gave it a shot. Thanks to Mike and Amy, RPHoward, and rlwhit for your assistance! We spent a lot of time positioning where the decals should be. We set a line of tape as a guide for the top of the decal. The tape line was measured seven ways from Sunday to ensure it was level with respect to the rest of the truck. Then it was easy to ensure the decal was level.

Once we knew where the decals were be applied, the rest was easy. The key is to use a spray bottle and lots of water. The water allows you to move things around. The decals come with a protective paper cover sheet (this covers the side of the decal that sticks to the TV) which you remove before applying. Spray the area of the TV where you are placing the decal. Then the decal and and its other protective sheet (it covers the color side of the decal) are stuck to the TV. Get the whole package positioned where you want it (spray more water as needed). Use a squeegee to work out the bubbles and excess water (start in the middle and work out). Once everything is smooth and you are happy where it lies, start peeling the remaining protective paper away from the TV. We worked from the left end, slowly pulling the paper back. As you get to the start of an edge of the decal you have to work carefully to ensure the decal separates from the paper and sticks to the TV. Here again, a little water helps. A sharp fingernail is useful in getting the decal started and away from the paper. Lifting the decal up off the TV is not a disaster, it will stick back easily. What you don't want to do is tear the decal. If you go slow you won't have a problem.

Once the decal has been separated from the paper completely you can go back and squeegee out the wrinkles and/or air bubbles. it takes a while for it dry and stick solid so you have time to make it smooth.

All-in-all, a pretty easy task and one any of you can do.

Carl (& Susan) Youngren

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:20 PM   #9
5rvers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4327
Looks really great! Here's my graphics just recently installed.

5rvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 06:26 PM   #10
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
Dick, looks great, you sure did a good job. When I get ours we will be back to town to get your help putting them on.

It was great to have dinner with you and your bride this week. We are out of here in the morning so hope to see you on the road soon.

Dick & Jackie
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote