Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2014, 04:06 PM   #21
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mrtgraz

What kind of tire are they putting on them now a days.
We ordered it with the GY G614's option otherwise they still come with the Chinese Maypops!

Old 03-22-2014, 04:30 PM   #22
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats and enjoy your new coach!
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 10:27 AM   #23
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Ok, so we starting to compile the list of to do's for the new rig and curious to see if anyone has changed their tank valves to 12v automatic valves like Barker or Drainmaster in lieu of the old standard style cable pulls?
Old 05-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #24
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Our dealer called and left message said our new rig just showed up. Then he said but we have an issue and they need to speak with us.....so now we are like uh oh, what is up.

I called back and he was very apologetic when he said Montana messed up and did not send the new rig with the fabric couch and recliners as we had ordered but sent them in leather.

By not taking the leather package option we got the nice credit but now we would have to come back to the dealer again in between workamping gigs in the fall. Major pain and cost, so we offered to keep the leather as long as it did not cost us any upcharge. They agreed.

So now our PDI is scheduled for 5/7 and we will do the transfer dosey doe on the 17th.

I am still trying to get my head around how when they guy installing the furniture did not see the work order for fabric.... and put the leather instead...

I told Sue that maybe they said "why on earth would they take fabric over leather...that must be a mistake and they put the leather in anyway!

Oh well....

Just happy to see it is almost ours!

Old 05-02-2014, 12:37 PM   #25
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Les & Sue: Our 3610 showed up at the dealer on Wednesday when we were down there to drop off our trade. The salesman took us out for a sneak peak even though they hadn't done a thing to it. We were impressed with the condition of it after just being dropped off by the transporter. We had a similar situation with the fabric couch. Ours is in Limestone and we had originally ordered the leather home seating and the contrasting fabric couch. A week after the order was in we were notified by the factory/dealer that Keystone no longer offered the fabric option with Limestone so if we wanted the Limestone decor we would have to accept the leather on the sofa as well, no problem as long as no extra charge.

One thing we did note in the sneak peak was that the bathroom door does open to the inside of the bathroom, oh well we just loved the interior color scheme!!!

Our PDI is on May 6th. Catching the fever big time now!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:41 PM   #26
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I do not think you will be disappointed with the free leather upgrade! We absolutely love our leather furniture and so far are impressed with the overall quality of it. Time (and dog and cat claws) will tell though. They are not allowed on it, and they listen (for now??)!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 03:10 AM   #27
Steve and Susie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12618
Is that sorta like going to the store for Milk, and coming home with 6 bags of groceries? So glad for you and know you are super excited. Congrats and hope you have many years of happy camping in your new unit. Happy Trails, Steve and Susie
Steve and Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:51 AM   #28
thundercat
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1405
We know the feeling. The wife and I ordered a new 3850FL that is supposed to go into production the week of 5/15. We also got a deal we couldn't refuse from Camping World from Conway New Hampshire. It was a floor plan the DW fell in love with and a happy wife means a happy life if you know what I mean.

Marshall.
thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #29
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Well we did our PDI and we have to say.....Montana did a great job overall! We first did the top to bottom walk thru of the new rig with the actual owner of the dealership who is the only one that does the walk thrus. This took almost 2 hours and then we went right into the PDI going head to toe and spent 4 hours plus and used a fine toothed comb and found 15 items....all minor cosmetic issues (decals, minor blemishes on cabinetry and interior, etc.)

The new oyster color is awesome. The basement compartment is almost a foot wider than the one we have now. There is a continous LED lite strip under the exterior awning at the top that is controlled from interior electric panel. The interior closets all have LED strip lights. The G614 tire option included the spare. There is plenty of room on the walls now for our pictures.

Now we will wait until next weekend for the big move when we park the rigs side by side. I am pretty sure they can get all the PDI issues done by then.

Sue is stoked....and I cannot wait our baby home to get the solar panel system re-installed and all the other honey doo items Sue has in my cart.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:43 AM   #30
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Well here she is all shiny and new heading back to base camp...

Had lots of fun moving everything across the ships planks from the old coach to the new...12 hours worth fun but it was worth it....

Now the honey do list is next....

Old 05-19-2014, 10:20 AM   #31
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Congrats folks great looking rig eh??? We received ours over a week ago and spent 3 days getting all our stuff moved over and all my shelving/storage racking switched over. Each time we do this I swear it will be our last but you know how that goes. We have spent 5 nights in our rig and we are totally impressed with the fit/finish/condition of ours as well. Hard as we looked so far we just have a couple blemishes in trim and one dining chair back(snag) to be replaced.

I believe your rig arrived about a week later than ours but at any rate I am totally puzzled by your picture. Where did they put your hot water tank, on ours and I believe all previous it's located to the right of the entry door over next to the curb side cargo door. Sure makes one wonder what all they change from week to week on the production line!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #32
Bigboomer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DarMar

Congrats folks great looking rig eh??? We received ours over a week ago and spent 3 days getting all our stuff moved over and all my shelving/storage racking switched over. Each time we do this I swear it will be our last but you know how that goes. We have spent 5 nights in our rig and we are totally impressed with the fit/finish/condition of ours as well. Hard as we looked so far we just have a couple blemishes in trim and one dining chair back(snag) to be replaced.

I believe your rig arrived about a week later than ours but at any rate I am totally puzzled by your picture. Where did they put your hot water tank, on ours and I believe all previous it's located to the right of the entry door over next to the curb side cargo door. Sure makes one wonder what all they change from week to week on the production line!!!
Thanks. I was getting worried when I did not see you post that you had got thru the PDI and picked the rig up....

Glad you are enjoying it. They put the hot water tank on the drivers side right next to the convenience center which actually makes sense since it now sits under the bath and next to the W/D hook ups.

Wishing continued safe journey's in the new 5'er!

Les