Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2012, 03:57 AM   #21
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Thanks Dick and Mike.

No big deal. I'm a big boy and the way I figure it screw me once... shame on you. You know the rest.

I know that the dealer strung me along for a while, but I do know that they've been working with Keystone for quite some time now as well... then keystone goes to Lippert (since Lippert supplied the frames with the axles on it I guess). Seems like there is way too much finger pointing in this business.

I've read an awful lot of things about folks who got the MorRyde IS and the customer service of MorRyde while there and after the sale so I think once the dust settles and I'll be very happy with the suspension. I'd just rather not be trying to squeeze in a round trip up to Indiana this time of year. We are supposed to be heading out to AZ in less than a month. I have to get the Monty back from the dealer and up there and back before then.

Gkerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #22
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE!!! I'M GOING TO GO CRAZY

Just to update you folks... after 3 calls and 2 emails my tech at the dealer finally called me back.

You might recall that I told them to stop trying to get approval on my axles...

Just fix the slide piston (since it was approved and the part received) and give me my 5'vr back... I'm taking it to MorRyde where they will cut the damn suspension off and give me a real one.

I told them just fix it this week or early next... give me a hard date so that I can schedule my trip up to indiana and MorRyde.

Well.......

Just was informed that they have the wrong piston... they blamed Keystone. They said Keystone does not know what they put into their units. I really don't care anymore.

But the best part is the "correct one" wont come in till December 10th!

I need to get my Monty - get up to Indiana to MorRyde - and get back.. (don't forget about Thanksgiving... family etc) and be on the road to Arizona a in about 3 weeks. On Dec 14th I cant trust this dealer to get the right part by then or I'll be up the creek.

So plan B....

Tried to Call Keystone. I guess they all go home at 4pm Eastern... That's 1pm for you poor suckers on the west coast.

I want to bring the Monty over to them for service while I'm up at MorRyde. At least they will have the correct piston... I hope.

I just left a message on Mark Krohl's office voice mail begging for his help . Mark is one of the Sales Managers at Keystone.

Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a very mellow guy.... Right now the stress level has pegged up a whole bunch.

If anyone from Keystone is lurking out there... I need help. I need to get into the service center in the next two weeks. If anyone has any phone numbers or emails that they can share... I need to start contacting people.

After almost 2 months trying to get my Monty fixed my plan B will be to drive 800 miles to Indiana... If I can get an appointment.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Greg,
Go get your rig! Do what you need to do to get it on the road. Take it away from that place and don't ever return. Find someone..... Anyone..... That can and will work on your rig. Sometimes you just have to do what you've got to do. Work with Keystone to get them to pay the bills that are covered by warranty and just eat the rest.

If you are handy with tools and can do the work then consider doing that. You'll get plenty of "help" from your friends here on the MOC. Good luck, Dennis.
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #24
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Dennis,

Good point. Thanks for bringing me back to earth. I got so PO'd with the incompetence that I flat out forgot about myself. I am handy and do most of my work anyway. The challenge will be getting a hydraulic piston.

It was suggested two months ago by someone here on MOC that I install the piston myself. Smart suggestion in hindsight. If It wasn't for the axle problem - after all the problems that I had just getting somewhere to take it that would have probably been what I did.

My current plan B will be the Keystone service center since I will be in Goshen anyway. If they cant get me in shame on them. There must be several shops in the nearby area that do work for the manufacturers that perhaps if the service center can't do it they will refer me to. If not - hopefully I can get the correct part while I"m up there and then bring it home and do it on the driveway. Todays mission will be to follow up with Keystone and get that resolved one way or the other.

I knew something was up when I told the dealer to forget about the axles and just complete the approved work and couldn't get ahold of the tech.

Sorry for the rant folks.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #25
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gkerlin

Dennis,

Good point. Thanks for bringing me back to earth. I got so PO'd with the incompetence that I flat out forgot about myself. I am handy and do most of my work anyway. The challenge will be getting a hydraulic piston.

It was suggested two months ago by someone here on MOC that I install the piston myself. Smart suggestion in hindsight. If It wasn't for the axle problem - after all the problems that I had just getting somewhere to take it that would have probably been what I did.

My current plan B will be the Keystone service center since I will be in Goshen anyway. If they cant get me in shame on them. There must be several shops in the nearby area that do work for the manufacturers that perhaps if the service center can't do it they will refer me to. If not - hopefully I can get the correct part while I"m up there and then bring it home and do it on the driveway. Todays mission will be to follow up with Keystone and get that resolved one way or the other.

I knew something was up when I told the dealer to forget about the axles and just complete the approved work and couldn't get ahold of the tech.

Sorry for the rant folks.
I don't consider that a rant, it is a statement of the facts as you see them. Good Luck!...and hope everything eventually works out for you.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:44 AM   #26
hookman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6237
If you check the Hydraulic warranty from Lippert is 5 yrs. I have had 2 pumps and a cylinder replaced by them. I also had one cylinder replaced on extended warranty. The second pump we had to fight with Lippert as they figured they replaced one they didn't have to replace the second one and after 5 months they finally did. I used a slide bar to hold the slide in until they fixed the pump.
hookman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:56 AM   #27
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
We'll rather than waiting for a reply to my voice mail and emails I've called Keystone today and spoke with someone at customer service - explained the situation and she said that she could not address my problem but she'd have someone call me.

It's noon time and still no callback.

All I'm asking for now is an appointment into the service center.... Good lord - is even that going to be a major challenge?
Old 11-21-2012, 05:04 AM   #28
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
How about bypassing Keystone and contacting Lippert directly since it's their frame and hydraulic system. Just a phone call to see what they maybe could do.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:33 AM   #29
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
I have met and talked with Mark on two different occasions and locations. He talks a good game.
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:15 AM   #30
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Funny Mike. I'm the Controller for a Real Estate Firm. I know the sales game so when someone like he is talking to me I always hear alarms going off on my BS detector.

How do you know a salesman is lying?

His lips are moving?

I find it interesting that the President of Montana does not even RV. That might explain some things but he's only been at it for a year or so I think.

We'll Keystone as finally called me back and I think I have some movement of the ball.. two steps forward and one back.

Looks like I can't get into the service center, but they are trying to see if I can get into the local Keystone Dealer. If not I did say "cmon - there's got to be a million good independent RV repair guys that you work with too" she said there was.

At first however she started to give me some names to call.... Remembering what DQ Dick and others had said though - I asked her to make my appointments... I said look - I'm just an out of town nobody - you are the Keystone factory. That's going to open more doors and get me an appointment a heck of a lot faster. So now I'm waiting to hear back on a definite appointment.

My plan Z is if all else fails, I will pick up the piston and install it at night while I'm hanging around in the MorRyde Garage.

I'm not getting out of this however without one last indignation.

I called the dealer an hour or so ago and told him that next weds would be ok for them to install the slide seals that they had ordered. (I had two slide seal (wipers) that were torn and wanted replaced)

He called me back and guess what?? They supposedly have the wrong slide seals. They said they are white. I said "white? I don't know of any Keystone units that have white slide seals" he said he thought that they were after market parts.

So now they were even going to use aftermarket parts rather than getting them from the factory??

Bottom line is I'm driving Friday to pick it up and bring it back home. So I will have driven it 5hours round trip, left it there for 7 weeks... and had NOTHING fixed.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #31
Hooker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7915
The problem is getting hold of the right guy/gal, the one that will do the right thing and has the authority to get it done. I had a serious issue with my SOB MH. The selling dealer knew of the issue, had it checked and verified by the chassis maker...then, did not fix it and did not tell us about it. After finally finding this out, I called tech services to find out to whom I should send my letter explaining all this and requesting they fix it. After two letters and six months, I'd heard nothing. Made a call on Monday to the corp office, got a few names from the operator and in 20 minutes had my problem solved and an appointment to take my coach to the factory to have it fixed...on their dime.

Bottom line...you have to get the right person.
Hooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:27 PM   #32
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Well I guess that I finally got the right person.

I have an appointment with Lippert at their service center to get the slide repaired as soon as I get done at MorRyde.

Now if the Indiana Snows will hold off for a few weeks so I can get in and out without too much fuss we should be golden.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #33
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Wow............good luck on all this. I can say one thing, patient you are. I would have gone flat out crazy on that dealer!!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #34
Gkerlin
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12221
Patience is probably my only virtue

I did tell the dealer "I am REALLY REALLY REALLY Pis..D Off but that I have a rule to be nice to the guy who has your RV held hostage, so I'll not take it out on you"

I also try like hell to simply ask myself "is it gonna matter in 100 years?" and if the answer is no then try not to sweat it too much."

I do have to say when he told me he had none of the parts I had steam coming out of my ears.

A quick road trip to Indiana and hopefully all goes well and I come back with an improved rig ready for Q and I'll be happy.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone and thanks for all the support.
Old 11-22-2012, 03:38 AM   #35
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Greg,
I am glad things are working out and looking forward. I really like then braking feeling with the disc brakes. The smoother ride is great too.
Looking forward to meeting you at Quartzsite.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote