Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #1
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Mountain Valley KOA

Mountain Valley KOA off I-81 north of Harrisonburg, VA gets an A+!

Dano and I stayed there May 23-25 in site #18. It was so fun. The road getting there was a narrow windy way, but Dano now knows he can pass a school bus on a curve on this narrow road!! (His eyes about popped out of his head!) We received a warm welcome and had a great site that was easy to get in and out of. (Pull thru of course!) There was another Monty there, but we didn't get to meet them as they were not around when we were. Later when we were walking around, I looked up & spotted another 3000RK!! I was so excited and had Dano going too until I realized that what I was looking at was ours!!! Oh well, at least I know I can spot a 3000RK! I needed to do laundry, so I gathered everything together (& since I haven't made my basket liner yet), I just carried it all in my wicker basket to the laundrymat. Was totally impressed with the facilities. Very clean and the walls were painted as if clothes were hanging on the wall which just made it fun! There was current reading material and the washers and especially the dryers worked very nicely and didn't take alot of quarters. The bathrooms were impressive with the solid surface counters and again, very clean. The landscaping in the CG was a real rustic look and very very neat, just the right plants here, the perfect flowers over here and just the right little accent ceramic animal over there. They had a small pond, (our neighbors didn't catch any fish though) and they had a real nice pet walk area. We met a few people in the park when we walked around. Their firewood was dry and the firepits at all the sites were made out of huge rocks, very cool. They have outdoor movies in the summer. The CG itself was not level, but the sites were. There was a robin's family nest in the crook of the tree by the picnic table and "mom & dad" took turns feeding the babies- it was one of those Natl Geo moments! Got some neat close up pics. We went to see The Endless Caverns while we stayed there. They were absolutely amazing!! Our tour guide was in training with someone else, so that was really fun and there was only us and one other couple in our group, so it felt like we had our own personal tour! I know that everyone says the Luray Caverns are the best, but we only had time (and energy) for one! When we were checking out, Edna at the store was taking some new items out of a box - canvas bags - all different shapes, sizes and colors. I got a blue one that said Shenandoah Valley on it. Just a big open bag w/drawstring and a zipper pouch in front. It is my new navigator bag for the TV! My atlas and CG info fits just right in the big opening and my Trailer Life Directory (and now my free KOA directory) fits perfect in the front zipper part! This KOA is located near alot of things to do. If we had more time, we could have easily stayed here for a few weeks while we roamed around the area. We would highly reccommend this place to everyone.

Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:45 PM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Lisa,

So nice to hear a positive message about any campground, but it warms my heart so to know it is from right there in the Valley (my mother was born just a few miles from there). Also glad to hear you enjoyed the Endless Caverns.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 03:48 AM   #3
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Carol, We were thinking of you when we were there! It was really great. Beautiful area and the caverns were just awesome. Wanted to stay longer but that will be another trip.
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote