Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
Betty03258
Established Member

M.O.C. #4710
Poor Customer Service

I sent 3 e-mails that were spaced over a week apart to Customer Service, asking for the RG number of the coax cable for the satellite prep. After not getting a response from any of the e-mails, I called Customer Service to ask that question and to complain that I had not gotten a reply from any of my e-mails. I also said that, based upon the poor response, I was tempted to cancel my order for the new Montana, as I was concerned that I would have a problem with customer service if I had a problem with my fifth wheel. The Montana is due to be at the dealer's the end of April or the first week of May. The rep PROMISED to look into why I had not received a response to my e-mails and PROMISED to get the answer for me and call me back. That was over two weeks ago, and I haven't heard a word from him or anyone else in Customer Service. I can't get an answer to a simple question and that doesn't sit well with me. Who should I contact now????

Betty03258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #2
dchafer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4203
Send a message via Yahoo to dchafer
Betty, I would perhaps call back and speak with a manager in Customer Service and make them aware of the situation. I was in corporate customer service and I think that a manager can best address your concerns. Hope this helps. Diane
dchafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 01:53 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
I consider e-mail a backup form of communication. With all the spam sometimes things will not get read because they don't expect it.

For example on the telephone you might say I will send you an e-mail to make sure you get the exact details such as pictures. Then the customer service rep knows it is coming within the hour.

I have missed a lot of e-mail because of spam. When I open my mailbox I usually have the delete key already on. One in fifty of my incoming e-mail messages is not spam. Can't read them all.

Another example is Earthlink spam eliminators. If your setting are to high some actual e-mail will be stopped and you won't know it. The spam eliminators may even send a message back asking the sender to get approval from you before sending messages. Most people won't do this.

Establish verbal contact first. Make sure your inbox is unblocked while contacting companies by e-mail. I sure would not hold it against Keystone for not answering your e-mail only.

Oh use RG-6 for sat.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:28 AM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Wouldn't the selling dealer know this information?? Or, shouldn't the selling dealer know this information?? I know, ole Carol is not too hep on on dealers, but, comeon, they have to have some smarts somewhere, eh??
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:19 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
RG-6 from the dish to the input of the sat receiver..RG-59 from the output of the receivers to the TV sets.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote