Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2006, 03:42 PM   #21
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Also, to add to Rich's question: does it hurt your credit score if you pay off, then close a credit card account ("Closed by consumer"). I thought I had heard somewhere that that was a no-no?

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:31 PM   #22
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Dave,

I thoought I would put in my 2 cents worth.

We ordered our 3400 on 10/25/05 from the largest 5th wheel dealer in Texas. They asked us for $1,000 which seemed OK to us.

There were 2 important things I learned!

1) I have been told that Montana does not discount their trailers to the larger dealers. They do, however, provide lower pricing for volume purchases - buy enough at one time and get a lower price on each one. The larger dealers are buying this way and are thus putting less money into their trailers - especially the fast moving ones like the 3400RL. There is thus more room to negotiate a lower price from a larger dealer!!

2) The dealer we purchased from already have some number of units in the production flow. After we selected our options, they called Montana to check the build status on the "spec units" they had in the production cycle. They then requested several changes to meet our requirements - many of which are mostly cosmetic such as free standing table, lamp and coffee table, W/D prep, aluminum wheels, etc. The result was that we took posession of our new made to order 3400RL on 11/12/05. It was built exactly to our requirements.

It's really nice buying from a larger well known to Montana dealer. GREAT PRICE and GREAT DELIVERY - and they did a great make ready. We had essentially no problems that needed repairs!
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:15 AM   #23
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
My trailer was purchased with no money down, a trade in that was in the red ( owed more than it was worth ) and they asked me how much money down? I replied, my trailer of course..... but its not worth what you owe... You have the pencel you can scrunch those numbers to what ever it takes to say for a down payment, if you want me to buy that Montana. And you know what? I got a factory ordered with every option they have for that year , except the fireplace and the hide a bed couch or slid awnings. So what I say is they, the dealer, can do what ever it takes to sell you a trailer, with or without a down payment, If they realy want the sale.

TT2
Old 02-17-2006, 09:43 AM   #24
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

Also, to add to Rich's question: does it hurt your credit score if you pay off, then close a credit card account ("Closed by consumer"). I thought I had heard somewhere that that was a no-no?
Why would closed by consumer hurt your credit? I've closed several over the years and now maintain just two cards besides our bank debit/credit card. One is used only for online purchases. The other is used for fuel purchases, rv parks, etc. That one gives us cash back so we use it. Both are paid in full every month. I recently did the credit score thing and looking at that number I would say no way does closing out an account hurt the credit rating. By the way, here's a chart I ran across the other day:

By the way, I was told the amount of AVAILABLE credit is considered and can work against you even if you have no balance. The reason is you MIGHT later use that credit and be unable to pay your payment to them. We have one card with a limit considerably above the high one mentioned in an earlier post and I am considering asking them to lower the limit because we don't need a limit anywhere close to that high.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:40 AM   #25
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Credit reports are a tangled web.The report is USUALLY broken into categories,1.Real Estate Accounts, Home Mortgage, Home equity Loans, 2nd Mortgage. When they are paid off they are listed as Closed, paid. 2. Installment Accounts, loans with fixed terms and regular payments. Auto Loans , Lease loans, Etc. When they are paid off they are listed as ..Closed, paid. 3. Revolving Accounts (credit cards)Here is where you may find the listing..closed by consumer, you may also see the listing//closed by issuer , some credit cards companies will close your account if it becomes "inactive' (not used in one year) Having too many credit cards with a high limit can work against you as well as having not enough credit cards.

Example..you have 10 credit cards with a credit limit of 100K but have only 5K of credit card debt..that can be good. If your income is say 80K per year.

However..you have 10 credit cards with a credit limit of 100K and 5K of debt and your Gross yearly income is 25K per year..that can be bad as you have the ability to incur more debt than you could reasonably pay off.

Closed by consumer should not have any effect on your rating (maybe)
That's how a banker explained it to me...I think????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #26
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Steve, I'd be carefull about lowering your credit limit. I received some correspondence from TransUnion, and they told me that, among other things, if your credit limit is raised by a lending institution, the credit scores will go up - as long as you keep your balance at about half (40% as noted earlier). Following their advice, I called my two credit card companies and had them raise the limits. They did. Our scores did go up.

I have subscribed to TransUnions Credit Alert program. If my score ever changes, I immediately get an email. I can click on a link and know exactly what happened - good or bad, who caused it and their contact info. Cost $9.95/mo. Well worth it right now while I am getting ready for a major purchase. Will probably cancel it after these purchases, as I won't really need that close of scrutiny after I get my Montana.

I would check with a banker or some other professional in the field before I voluntarily dropped my credit limit. I am sure that it is not ideal to pay off all your accounts (revolving) down to zero, regarding the impact on your FICO scores.

The "Closed by Consumer" was something I read last year in some literature from a CRA (Credit Reporting Agency). It seems contrary to any negative impact on my scores. I haven't double checked this yet, just remembered when I read it here, but it sticks in my mind pretty good that that's what I read. Hope that's wrong.

I have found that all three CRA's have their own poor/fair/good scale. They are pretty much the same, but not entirely. I pulled my daughter's credit reports from all three CRAs and she had a 702 on one report. On their "scale" it pointed to between "poor" and "good". Another report score was 698 and pointed to the "good" bubble. All three reports, BTW, will NOT have the same FICO score.

When I first pulled all three of my reports last August, I had a 104 point difference between two of these CRAs. Multiple errors, wrong accounts, wrong addresses, etc. They were a mess. FTC survey says 70% of consumer credit reports contain errors, many of them are major errors.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:35 AM   #27
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Credit seems to be a funny, funny thing. I usually run a credit report 2x's per year to double check everything listed. I only have 2 credit cards both of them being a Visa. One is used for everything and paid in full every month, the second is in the vault and is used as an emergency card and does not carry a balance either. Both of these cards are airline cards that accumulate miles towards free trips and have high credit limits. Other than the rv loan I have no other debt, it is amazing at depending on who you talk to each person has a different opinion of what is a good thing. The main thing I look at is the credit score and the report itself, I make sure there is no unauthorized activity and everything has posted properly from the bank.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:06 PM   #28
Wagonmaster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3754
We found ours on the lot it was almost a year old. I don't think the 3255rl was a very popular model since they discontinued it in 05. But it seem to fit our needs and the colors were what the dw was looking for so we got a really good deal. We paid cash so I haven't ordered one from a dealer yet. But the dw sure does like the new 3400,so who knows. Jack Lots of luck which ever way you go.
Wagonmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 02:32 PM   #29
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I called my banker (credit union) a couple days ago. He said that, as the fifth wheel is basically considered a non-essential recreational item (RV), they would probably require 20% down. I told him I did not have 20% down. He also is aware that it will be our home (FT) and that it is NOT being considered a "non-essential" item by us. He seems stuck on this, but I am not giving up on him yet. I have a meeting with him on Tues.

He is a fairly young VP (in his 30's, I'm guessing). I really want to work with this credit union as they use TransUnion Credit Reporting Agency EXCLUSIVELY. Other than this being my best scoring CRA, it is easier to focus on fine tuning one CRA, rather than three.

I think I can convince him, but I have to do it in person - it is my strength if negotiating. He wanted me to talk to him over the phone. I refused. He finally relented... meeting at 11:30 on Tues.

I will contact some other sources, Mon. And then we always have the dealerships themselves, which I will also give a shot to.

*On Edit~ After I hung up, I called him back, as a thought crossed my mind... I asked him point blank if he had any experience financing an RV (They are a small C.U.). He said, "No". I said, "Thanks." and I hung up. I now have leverage on him. I will do it in a nice way, but if he has no experience in RV financing, I believe I can make him waffle on this 20% thing. He also talked about 6% loans, which is going to be hard to beat at another bank/C.U./dealership.

But I don't have a lot of time to be monkeying around with this guy. As I mentioned above, I will be hitting the road on Monday to a couple of other financial institutions.
Old 02-18-2006, 03:20 PM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The 20% down thing is customary on home loans.Don't know where he is coming from on a Rv loan.Our credit union handles them same as a auto loan. Transunion is apparently the most widely used Reporting agency. I notice on my CRA that Transunion is reported 100% of the time,Experian about 60% and Equifax hardly any. In many cases Transunion was the ONLY repeorting agency. Ax we mentioned before, last resort. the dealership will get you a loan...
Old 02-24-2006, 09:54 AM   #31
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
deprik, I am rooting for you to go full timing on the 27th of May. Keep us posted.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #32
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Walter. Rich and Helen are in the room next to us right now (can you hear me typing Rich???). The four of us had dinner tonight and of course, much of the talk (for Rich and I) was focused on technical aspects of the Montana, tv's, and camping in general. Can't remember what Cheryl and Helen were talking about... were we supposed to be paying attention??? We all are very much ready to get going on the road. Cheryl is ready to quit right now, hook up to her 3400, and GO!

We are on schedule for our May 26th FT date. Everything falling into place, nicely.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:54 PM   #33
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave that is great news. Glad to hear your plan is falling into place!
Old 02-25-2006, 05:16 AM   #34
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Rich and Dave,

Having too many credit cards can be detrimental to your score. However, a rule of thumb is to have 5 to 6 credit cards - if you have more, then close them if they have low limits. Closed by consumer is not negative.

The reason for 5 to 6 cards? Simply that you have demonstrated an ability to manage your credit wisely and are not responding to every offer of a new card that is sent to you in the mail.

As for RV financing, it is unlike financing a home, although is treated as a second home for purposes of schedule A deduction on your tax returns. We finance people who wish to purchase or refinance homes as high as 103% of value. Of course, there should be a very compelling reason to go much above 90%, in my opinion.

As for the purchase of your Montana, Dave, U.S. Bank currently is offering around 6.9% with about 10% down. You might want to check.

Here is an excerpt from our disclosure package for home loan applicants:

CREDIT SCORE INFORMATION DISCLOSURE (as applicable)

In connection with your application for a home loan, the lender must disclose to you the score that a credit bureau distributed to users and the lender used in connection with your home loan, and the key factors affecting your credit scores.

The credit score is a computer-generated summary calculated at the time of the request and based on information a credit bureau or lender has on file. The scores are based on data about your credit history and payment patterns. Credit scores are important because they are used to assist the lender in determining whether you will obtain a loan. They may also be used to determine what interest rate you may be offered on the mortgage. Credit scores can change over time, depending on your credit history and change in payment patterns, and how credit-scoring technologies change.

Because the score is based on information in your credit history, it is very important that you review the credit related information that is being furnished to make sure it is accurate. Credit records may vary from one company to another.

If you have questions about your credit score or the credit information that is furnished to you, contact the credit bureau at the address and telephone number provided, if requested by you, or contact the lender, if the lender developed or generated the credit score. The credit bureau plays no part in the decision to take any action on the loan application and is unable to provide you with specific reasons for the decision on a loan application.

If you have questions concerning the terms of the loan, contact us.

If a credit report is required and obtained, you will be provided with your numerical “scores” as required by law. To comply with the requirements of disclosing the score(s) we use, we will forward a copy of the “Score” page of your credit report to you upon its receipt.

You are entitled to a free, annual credit report from Equifax, Trans Union and Experian. To order your free reports, go to www.annualcreditreport.com where you can order your reports directly or download the Annual Credit Report Request form to mail in your request. You can also call 877-322-8228. For more information, see the Federal Trade Commission's Facts for Consumers at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...reereports.htm.

Equifax P.O. Box 740241 Atlanta, GA 30374 800/685-1111
Trans Union 2 Baldwin Place Chester, PA 19022 800/916-8800
Experian P.O. Box 2002 Allen, TX 75013 888/397-3742

Additionally, Sierra Nevada Funding, Inc. has adopted procedures for properly disposing of any information collected about you that is of a private and/or confidential nature. Accordingly, if we dispose of, as an example, your credit report, we shred this report such that it cannot be reassembled for viewing.

Sierra Nevada Funding, Inc. typically uses your credit scores to provide you with risk-based pricing and interest rates for the loan for which you have applied. This means that the rates and prices we generally quote are for loan applicants who maintain a credit score in excess of 680. Your score may affect the rate and price you are ultimately offered, if you are approved for a loan.

Enclosed for your review is information from the Federal Trade Commission regarding Credit Scoring.

_________________________ ____________________________
Applicant Date Applicant Date

Credit Scoring
Ever wonder how a creditor decides whether to grant you credit? For years, creditors have been using credit scoring systems to determine if you'd be a good risk for credit cards and auto loans. More recently, credit scoring has been used to help creditors evaluate your ability to repay home mortgage loans. Here's how credit scoring works in helping decide who gets credit -- and why.
What is credit scoring?
Credit scoring is a system creditors use to help determine whether to give you credit.
Information about you and your credit experiences, such as your bill-paying history, the number and type of accounts you have, late payments, collection actions, outstanding debt, and the age of your accounts, is collected from your credit application and your credit report. Using a statistical program, creditors compare this information to the credit performance of consumers with similar profiles. A credit scoring system awards points for each factor that helps predict who is most likely to repay a debt. A total number of points -- a credit score -- helps predict how creditworthy you are, that is, how likely it is that you will repay a loan and make the payments when due.
Because your credit report is an important part of many credit scoring systems, it is very important to make sure it's accurate before you submit a credit application. To get copies of your report, contact the three major credit reporting agencies:
• Equifax: (800) 685-1111
• Experian (formerly TRW): (888) EXPERIAN (397-3742)
• Trans Union: (800) 916-8800
These agencies may charge you up to $9.00 for your credit report.
Why is credit scoring used?
Credit scoring is based on real data and statistics, so it usually is more reliable than subjective or judgmental methods. It treats all applicants objectively. Judgmental methods typically rely on criteria that are not systematically tested and can vary when applied by different individuals.
How is a credit scoring model developed?
To develop a model, a creditor selects a random sample of its customers, or a sample of similar customers if their sample is not large enough, and analyzes it statistically to identify characteristics that relate to creditworthiness. Then, each of these factors is assigned a weight based on how strong a predictor it is of who would be a good credit risk. Each creditor may use its own credit scoring model, different scoring models for different types of credit, or a generic model developed by a credit scoring company.
Under the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, a credit scoring system may not use certain characteristics like -- race, sex, marital status, national origin, or religion -- as factors. However, creditors are allowed to use age in properly designed scoring systems. But any scoring system that includes age must give equal treatment to elderly applicants.
What can I do to improve my score?
Credit scoring models are complex and often vary among creditors and for different types of credit. If one factor changes, your score may change -- but improvement generally depends

on how that factor relates to other factors considered by the model. Only the creditor can explain what might improve your score under the particular model used to evaluate your credit application.
Nevertheless, scoring models generally evaluate the following types of information in your credit report:
• Have you paid your bills on time? Payment history typically is a significant factor. It is likely that your score will be affected negatively if you have paid bills late, had an account referred to collections, or declared bankruptcy, if that history is reflected on your credit report.
• What is your outstanding debt? Many scoring models evaluate the amount of debt you have compared to your credit limits. If the amount you owe is close to your credit limit, that is likely to have a negative effect on your score.
• How long is your credit history? Generally, models consider the length of your credit track record. An insufficient credit history may have an effect on your score, but that can be offset by other factors, such as timely payments and low balances.
• Have you applied for new credit recently? Many scoring models consider whether you have applied for credit recently by looking at "inquiries" on your credit report when you apply for credit. If you have applied for too many new accounts recently, that may negatively affect your score. However, not all inquiries are counted. Inquiries by creditors who are monitoring your account or looking at credit reports to make "prescreened" credit offers are not counted.
• How many and what types of credit accounts do you have? Although it is generally good to have established credit accounts, too many credit card accounts may have a negative effect on your score. In addition, many models consider the type of credit accounts you have. For example, under some scoring models, loans from finance companies may negatively affect your credit score.
Scoring models may be based on more than just information in your credit report. For example, the model may consider information from your credit application as well: your job or occupation, length of employment, or whether you own a home.
To improve your credit score under most models, concentrate on paying your bills on time, paying down outstanding balances, and not taking on new debt. It's likely to take some time to improve your score significantly.
How reliable is the credit scoring system?
Credit scoring systems enable creditors to evaluate millions of applicants consistently and impartially on many different characteristics. But to be statistically valid, credit scoring systems must be based on a big enough sample. Remember that these systems generally vary from creditor to creditor.
Although you may think such a system is arbitrary or impersonal, it can help make decisions faster, more accurately, and more impartially than individuals when it is properly designed. And many creditors design their systems so that in marginal cases, applicants whose scores are not high enough to pass easily or are low enough to fail absolutely are referred to a credit manager who decides whether the company or lender will extend credit. This may allow for discussion and negotiation between the credit manager and the consumer.
What happens if you are denied credit or don't get the terms you want?
If you are denied credit, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act requires that the creditor give you

a notice that tells you the specific reasons your application was rejected or the fact that you have the right to learn the reasons if you ask within 60 days. Indefinite and vague reasons for denial are illegal, so ask the creditor to be specific. Acceptable reasons include: "Your income was low" or "You haven't been employed long enough." Unacceptable reasons include: "You didn't meet our minimum standards" or "You didn't receive enough points on our credit scoring system."
If a creditor says you were denied credit because you are too near your credit limits on your charge cards or you have too many credit card accounts, you may want to reapply after paying down your balances or closing some accounts. Credit scoring systems consider updated information and change over time.
Sometimes you can be denied credit because of information from a credit report. If so, the Fair Credit Reporting Act requires the creditor to give you the name, address and phone number of the credit reporting agency that supplied the information. You should contact that agency to find out what your report said. This information is free if you request it within 60 days of being turned down for credit. The credit reporting agency can tell you what's in your report, but only the creditor can tell you why your application was denied.
If you've been denied credit, or didn't get the rate or credit terms you want, ask the creditor if a credit scoring system was used. If so, ask what characteristics or factors were used in that system, and the best ways to improve your application. If you get credit, ask the creditor whether you are getting the best rate and terms available and, if not, why. If you are not offered the best rate available because of inaccuracies in your credit report, be sure to dispute the inaccurate information in your credit report.
Where can you get more information?
The FTC works for the consumer to prevent fraudulent, deceptive and unfair business practices in the marketplace and to provide information to help consumers spot, stop and avoid them. To file a complaint or to get free information on consumer issues, visit www.ftc.gov or call toll-free, 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357); TTY: 1-866-653-4261. The FTC enters Internet, telemarketing, identity theft and other fraud-related complaints into Consumer Sentinel, a secure, online database available to hundreds of civil and criminal law enforcement agencies in the U.S. and abroad.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 05:31 AM   #35
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Sorry for the formatting of the above post, but if you read through it carefully, you will see where it talks about credit cards, etc.

Hope this is helpful.

And, Dave, I got lucky with the picture - my wife makes it worth looking at.

Edit- One more thing about credit cards. Major cards, like VISA, MC, etc. are the ones to have and keep.

Ditch all of the minor ones like JC Penny, Mervyns, etc. These actually can have a negative effect on your scoring, again because just about anyone can get a minor card. And, you'll reduce the number of credit cards you have, so you get a double positive whammy on your score when you close minor credit card accounts.
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #36
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Michael and Kathy,
Thanks for the great infomational post. Sure nice to have such valuable information when it involves ones credit.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:27 PM   #37
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Michael. Many people have no idea how to handle credit, or how they are scored. Everyone needs to study their credit reports and learn what affects their score. Remember, 70% of all credit reports contain errors. Many of those are multiple and major errors.

Using the links that Michael has provided above, pull your reports (they are free, your credit scores are not) AND all three credit scores - you will have to pay for the scores - do it. They are $5.00, $5.95 and $6.95. Do not make the incredible error of thinking that they will all be the same. I had 104 point differences between two of my credit report scores.

As Michael can tell you, it is a"crap shoot" regarding which Credit Reporting Agency(s) CRA(s) a particular financial institution, or insurance company, will use. Many banks now use a private company that collects data off of all three CRAs. Many Credit Unions are currently exclusively using TransUnion. As they seem to be the "fashionable" CRA among credit unions right now (this last statement was from a CU loan officer. The last two CUs I have talked to, both use TU exclusively).

Most of you, will be very surprised by what you see on your reports - multiple wrong addresses, different reporting on different CRAs on the SAME loan, or account, accounts that are not even yours - possibly you kids (I had two of my kids on my reports), collections that you never knew were there, but which had caused you to pay more money in interest rates over the years than you should have been paying.

Follow through with the dispute procedures that each CRA gives you. Stay persistent. What I thought would be a 30 day task turned out to be an eight month ordeal and is still ongoing.

A word of caution - if you have a collection account that you decide to dispute, and it is NOT taken off your report(s), it is recorded by Fair Isaac Co. (FICO) as a NEW activity by a collection agency as they will post on your credit report a "Last Updated: **/**/**". This will immediately take your FICO score down as it is a "Recent Collection Activity"

I have three credit cards (major) that I am keeping at 40%-50% balances. Credit card companies have found a new easy prey. It is called the American consumer. Insurance companies are raising their premiums if you have ANY late payments on your credit reports. Be very careful of any credit card offers. CitiBank, and many others, have discovered this "loophole" of unprotected consumerism. They will regularly scan your credit reports and the first 30 day late that shows ANYWHERE on ANY report will trigger their "Penalty Interest Rate". Be very careful of this trap. Read the fine print VERY carefully. Most Americans have NO CLUE that these companies have discovered this wide open, weak spot of the an unsuspecting American Consumer. They are obviously going to run this as far as they can before Congress or some other Class Action Suit stops them. In the meantime, this will cost the American consumer millions, if not hundreds of millions of dollars, in higher interest rate costs than what there should have been - and higher ins premiums.

Guess where most of the gross income from these CRAs come from? From financial institutions that subcribe to them. Very little money is made by consumer products, at this time - although that is increasing. Any way... guess who benefits if there "happens" to be an inadvertent "30 day late"... that's right... the financial companies, as it justifies higher rate charges by these companies. See a problem here?

Well, surely there are penalties for incorrect reporting by these companies, that have the potential to wreck financial havoc on a family, right? You bet! Here it is: Maximum of $1,000, IF you can prove malicious intent - plus any punitive damages that a judge may deem as appropriate. All a reporting "person" (as defined in the Fair Credit Reporting Act - FCRA) has to say is "Oops, my mistake." and they are off the hook. Of course, they will remove it - if you caught the error at all.

Well, I'm done. There is much more. Suze Orman has called it a "racket". That may have been a mild description. I have studied this Credit Reporting situation for 8 months. I have raised my score from a 472 (Yes, that's 472) to a 618 and my goal is 740. I have that BIG number above my desk where I see it every day. I have been in communication with a Federal Bankruptcy Judge, who has been kind enough to respond personally to my letters. My Senator and Congressman are next on my list to contact.

BTW, the FTC will not respond to any complaint you may have. They state on their website that they will add this comment/complaint to their "database". Apparently, the way it works is that, if the FTC gets enough complaints on an individual, or company, they will investigate. Great.

Sorry... NOW I'm done.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:05 AM   #38
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Michael knows his stuff..all good info.but there are other factors , like the dealer..Although Dave and I have a different credit history we were both offered the SAME downpayment by the same dealer and it was VERY small..In my opinion it was the MOC factor.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:14 AM   #39
Jeff Heiser
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2088
We were at a show this past weekend in Deland, Florida. We found a 3650 that we really would like to own. We talked to the same guys that sold us our Mountaineer less than 2 years ago (they had the 3650 at the show). We wanted to trade it on the new one. When we purchased the Mountaineer we put $6k down on it. This past Saturday we walked away from the deal they offered beacuse they want $5,500 down with the trade. I told them when they wanted to get real about making a deal to call, they have my number. The problem is they know my Mountaineer. It is in mint condition. I feel they just don't want to take the trade. So we will just keep looking.

God Bless America
Jeff Heiser
Merritt Island Florida
Jeff Heiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:35 AM   #40
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
The downpayment we made on the 3400Rl Sat was a fraction of the 5,500.00 that you were offered. There are many factors that can affect the amount of down payment but their number is excessive. I will bet you get a call....