Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2012, 10:01 AM   #1
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Have you ever been in there?

Spent the day in Monty's basement and belly. Remounted water pump on bubber to make it quiet. Replaced a hose with a slow drip. Made the convenience closet water tight. Wow!!! I'm tired. It looks like a large area until you stay in there a while. Larry

HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #2
brooksider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9963
Been there, done the same thing. It made a differance in the noise level and vibration in the pump. That area looks big at first. It is nice to have someone there passing needed items
Joe
brooksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
OK, you've both been in there, I was there Sunday (Converter plug worked loose). Do you think it would be possible to make the cover behind the convenience center a little smaller. It looks to have a few inches of wasted space before getting to the water pump and all the pluming lines. Just a thought to gain just a little more storage space in the basement.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #4
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mhs4771

OK, you've both been in there, I was there Sunday (Converter plug worked loose). Do you think it would be possible to make the cover behind the convenience center a little smaller. It looks to have a few inches of wasted space before getting to the water pump and all the pluming lines. Just a thought to gain just a little more storage space in the basement.
I did the exact thing your are asking about. I took off the plastic cover and cut about 8 inches off the outside edge. please measure it though, i had to cut mine twice. It's hard to put it back once it's cut off.

kevin
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #5
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
OH, the old if you cut it and it's too short, if you cut it again it's still too short.
Thanks for the input, I thought it looked like I could gain a little more storage area as you don't need all that blank space for the water pump and some water lines.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #6
brooksider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9963
Yes I cut mine also.
Joe
brooksider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hook, I like your "sniglet" (let me know if you don't know what this is). Rubber that is used to Buffer noise should be called a "bubber". I like that. Even if this is a typo (I think it is), I think it should be a real word. What did you used for your "bubber"?

I'm gonna have to install some bubbers. I rarely use the pump since 95% of the time I'm connected to a city supply. But that 5% running the water pump is really noisy. It drives DW and all other females (daughter, sister, SILs) crazy every time they use the toilet like they don't want anyone to know they used it... sheesh.

Mhs4771, your post "OH, the old if you cut it and it's too short, if you cut it again it's still too short." is too funny, but almost applies to what Swanny mentioned (but we knew what he really meant). There's a phrase "Measure twice then cut once" that I have messed up so many times. The phrase should be "Measure it correctly twice then cut it correctly once". You can imagine where I've gone wrong a few times. I suppose the first phrase should be "Know what you are doing first, then..."
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #8
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
I cut it twice and it was till too short.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:56 AM   #9
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
Yes I had to cut it twice, because i was CHICKEN. Didn't trust my measurements. it all worked out, two cut equal about 8 inches, 6" first cut then 2" second cut

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:57 AM   #10
K&Gs3400RL
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9671
I was down there when working on our heater issues and took lots of pictures, Heres one of them. You would think A multi Million Dollar Company could come up with something that doesn't look like a ??????????. What do you think? And sorry don't mean to steal your thread.

K&Gs3400RL is offline   Reply With Quote