Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Wild Wyoming:

Bears, Wolves, all kinds of creatures, you have to be informed on the tracks they leave, sometimes you get surprised and come across a different one, I think this is one is the 'Yuppy Gregorious' not shure....

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:02 AM   #2
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Very Metrosexual......I guess.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 03:54 AM   #3
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
What the H*** is metrosexual???
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:38 AM   #4
Devildog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4958
I have two pairs of those.
Best footwear I have ever owned.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I've only got one pair and they are fabulous. I got them several years ago when they were first coming out and I needed something lightweight to protect my feet after backpacking several miles and needed to change into something at the campsite. They definitely were a topic of conversation. Do you want to see a picture?

The strength and protection of a boot with the lightness and flexibility of a bare foot. No more damage from rocks, twigs and all the possible things you can stab your foot if you wore Teva-style sandals in camp.

Here's the website:

http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/index.htm

I had to practice putting them on since my toes don't seem to spread open as easily as fingers, but now, they are almost like slip-ons. Wear them in the rain or shine. The fabric dries quickly.

Sizing them is tricky too even using their conversion chart. Unlike shoes, where only length and width are the concern, I had to get a different size than what's specified. It's best to try them on at a store (mail order for these is very risky to fit). This will happen since feet and toes are different sizes for all. I have a proportionately longer foot with short toes, which would be different than a shorter foot with longer toes. But I have never found a better fitting shoe. The website also offers socks. Since I own the "Sprinter" style the socks would help keep the feet warm and offer the flexibility of removing them if the weather is warmer.

I can picture Ozz in a pair of these: http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...s-KSO-Mens.htm

I think that color is him! LOL!! Great biking, walking, or any other activity involving feet including propped up in a recliner. I can hardly wait for a picture if he can ever find his size. And how about a similar pair for DW! Like these: http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/pro...ort-Womens.htm

I don't think these have any impact on metasexual, homosexual, heterosexual or any other sexual connotations. I prefer to keep my feet at the end of my legs. These just help provide some protection and comfort.

For Heaven's sake, even a former Marine owns TWO pair. Hoooah!!
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:46 AM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Well they are different. We were in Cheyenne Wyoming yesterday at Cheyenne Frontier days. We wear Cowboy/Cowgirl boots and jeans. Delaine almost wore shorts with her CowGirl boots but she though it wouldn't look good. Well there were hundred wearing Boot and shorts. However some probably would have look better with jean. Yes Wyoming is Wild... We spent a lot of time in Wyoming last year and are thinking of going back to Cody Wyoming next year. Happy Trails...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #7
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lasater

What the H*** is metrosexual???
DW says that is new terminology for for Hippy Speak....who knows?
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote