Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Female Marines: Tea Comes With A Bullet

If you don't think that our Women In Service make a difference, read the following article in the NY Times. While in there reading, click on some of the side bars for slide show and video.

Female Marines - Tea Comes With A Bullet

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:15 AM   #2
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Wow! I retired from the Air Force after 23 years as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Tech and began working as a Range Safety Officer at the Pohakuloa Training Area in Hawaii. I worked a lot with the 3rd Regiment out of Kaneohe, Hawaii, and saw first hand how these Marines can perform. They can have my back anytime.

It is easy to see why there are no EX Marines...just former or retired. It is too bad that some boyfriends and husbands can't accept the commitment these Marines have to their duty, God, and country.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:14 AM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
I'm not sure what to make of that article. Women in our armed forces are prohibited from serving in ground combat operations. You can read more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_combat
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Tom,
If you look you will see that they are "attached" not assigned, and their primary mission, as stated is as support. They are not put on "point," but bring up the rear and they can do interrogations and searches on the female population. I know it is a semantics on words "attached" "assigned," but they do serve a very important part in their duties.

I would have to see the official documentation as to their specific roles, but Wikipedia is written by the masses and may not have the true meaning of their role.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
Devildog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4958
I would have to tell you, that each Marine is trained as a Marine, regardless of their job. I have run across many women marines that I would not mess with.
I was most always impressed with them in my service as a US Marine. Semper Fi to us that served as Marines, was not only to our fellow Marines, but to our families and friends.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #6
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Waynem

Tom,
If you look you will see that they are "attached" not assigned, and their primary mission, as stated is as support. They are not put on "point," but bring up the rear and they can do interrogations and searches on the female population. I know it is a semantics on words "attached" "assigned," but they do serve a very important part in their duties.

I would have to see the official documentation as to their specific roles, but Wikipedia is written by the masses and may not have the true meaning of their role.
Agree, it's semantics. However, the wording has nothing to do with the mission, it's what they are doing that counts. I spent two tours (both in combat units) in sunny SE Asia and, IMHO, women do not belong there.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote