Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2006, 01:17 PM   #21
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
We just got home from Q today at 1330hrs. the pictures of the camp are fantastic, sorry we didn't get to camp with all you guys, but we still enjoyed seeing all of you, my little sister TT-1 loved meeting all of you too. Sorry we didn't make it to the Pizza Fest but we got tied up in the swap meet and I walked my legs off and was to tired to do anything after all that. In our travels we did get some information in regards to BLM's Long Term Camp. that is where we will be going next year it's less than two miles from the Showes, they have water, dump station, and dry trash. next year it will cost 40.00 for 2 weeks, pluss I dont have to stay all 2 weeks if I dont want to, which would be only one day camping in a regular campsite any where else around me. hopefully I will retire this September and maybe do two weeks who knows.

TT2

Old 01-30-2006, 05:12 PM   #22
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
It looks like you guys were having a blast... thanks for the pictures. We are hoping to join all of you in 2007 for the spring rally. Not sure about q. We didn't get the generator prep.
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 06:40 PM   #23
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Myrna, you do not need the generator prep to have a generator. You can have a separate generator and run it from the back of your truck or put it on the ground to run. You just plug the power cord into your Montana. We hope to be in Q. in 2007. You can borrow ours to recharge your 12 volt system.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:28 AM   #24
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Yes, Myrna, take a REALLY close look at the rear end of the trailers, and you may see a small red speck on the ground. Those are our generators. One attached to each and every trailer, and at least with the Hondas, they just have a slight purrrrrr when running.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:54 AM   #25
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Hearing of all the fun you guys had, next year you may need to plan for a bigger circle, or start a second one around the first.
Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #26
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Well we had a great time at Quartzsite, AZ, enjoying friends (MOC Family), it was the first time we have ever boondocked in our rig it was an experence we could not miss. We had 13 days of boondocking (can't be beat), seeing all those rigs, from expensive motorhomes to travel trailers all running on either their own generators or Honda generators it was a blast. So many rigs as far as the eye could see verrrrrrry breath taking. Wish all of you could have been there. I will send pictures of the Palm Trees later. A very special thanks to Dennis, Mary Kay, Doug and Sharon for letting us tag along with them, (the experienced ones).
GOFNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #27
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Ok MOC Family, heres the Palm Trees some of you wanted to see. Sorry it took so long to get them on the Forum.
Michael
GOFNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:32 AM   #28
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Oh, now that really makes me lonesome for the Reno Rally! What were the temps while you were there in Jan? Do you need air conditioning? We're hoping to experience Quartzsite in 2007, too. How many hours per day did you run your generator?
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 03:29 PM   #29
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
We just got home from our Quartzsite and Tombstone, Az trip just in time to watch the superbowl. We had a great time with all. A special thanks to Dennis and Mary Kay for their hospitality. We stayed over in their driveway with hookups both going down and comming back. While in Tombstone we had a wonderful time with Michael and Renee (Gofnuts) and thier cousin Carol and Claude. Thanks to all for the good times and we hope to get together will all of you again soon.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 04:06 PM   #30
rvfirefighter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5314
Looks like alot of fun. Is this a regular trip? I have wanted to make that trip one winter. Let me know when the next trip will be, if I can tag along.
rvfirefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:02 PM   #31
jrjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4858
My wife and I took our new 2980rl Montana on our 1st trip 21st of Jan. We had a great time and the Montana pulled and work great. We went to Palm Springs to see my parents place at Outdoor Resorts and then Quartzsite with them andsix of there friends. We camped at I think it was called Hat Rock or Dome. Rock When you first get close to Q from Palm Springs. We were up on the hill and the view was great. Quartzsite! What a place. Then we went to Vegas for Furniture Market. Stayed at the MainStreet Station RV Park !/2 mile from market(I'll pass next year)find new park and drive a little. Sure would have liked to have met some of you. One observation on Quality of Montanas is if they can take the right lane of I5 and not have doors open or parts falling off they must be built good. Instead of send aid abroad well thats another peeev.
jrjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #32
Garin1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2773
richfaa, you will like Lake Havasu. I spent four months there in the summer of '03. London Bridge, Colorado River, lots to see. While you are there you may want to visit Oatman. A little Gold rush town that still exist just north.
Garin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:45 PM   #33
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Richfaa,
I agree with Garin 1. There is a lot to see and do around the Lake Havasu area. But be advised that the commercial rv parks in this area are very proud of their CGs and charge accordingly. Summertime is the busy season for Lake Havasu. They cater to a much younger crowd. The water is the main attraction for the youngsters. So very hot weather, lots of water, and lots of young boys and girls...... HMMMMMMM I wonder what goes on? Which just shows how OLD I've gotten!

That's not to say there aren't a lot of us oldsters hanging around ... we're well represented. But compared to Quartzsite where you seldom see a child...... Well it is all interesting and all fun so go. Play. Be safe and enjoy your new Montana trailer.

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 03:42 AM   #34
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Renee, you just gotta get those pink flamigos.
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote