Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #1
ajjoez
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9785
CD, CASSETTE AND RADIO PLAYER

Our player no longer works and I want to remove it. I took the screws out of the bottom of the wood frame only to find out they only go into the wood frame. Duh!!!
If anyone knows how to get it out I'd sure appreciate the help.

Our RV is a Montana Keystone 34' 5th wheel.

ajjoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:09 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Is this in an exterior entertainment center? What model Montana do you have? The only thing I can offer is that on most installations of this type equipment, the cover to the unit is usually removed to allow access to the mounting screws. The operating and installation manual should have details.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
ajjoez
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Is this in an exterior entertainment center? What model Montana do you have? The only thing I can offer is that on most installations of this type equipment, the cover to the unit is usually removed to allow access to the mounting screws. The operating and installation manual should have details.
Bingo
It's an interior player. Our Montana is a 2002 Keystone 34' 5th wheel.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #4
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Try what Bingo suggests, if possible. Ours is just held in with a velcro strap so, if it's screwed down, it almost has to be thru the frame inside. It may also be something that a previous owner did.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
ajjoez
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Try what Bingo suggests, if possible. Ours is just held in with a velcro strap so, if it's screwed down, it almost has to be thru the frame inside. It may also be something that a previous owner did.
No this was installed in the RV when it was manufactured. May not be possible to remove it. Thanks
Old 10-27-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
I didn't mean it was added, I just meant that someone may have decided to "firm it up" with their own fix. You should call Keystone Customer service and see if they have any information on how it was done when the rig was manufactured. Can't hurt.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 11:56 AM   #7
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
There were lots of Montana models in 2002. Which one is yours? The more information we have about your rig, the better chance someone with the same model will answer.

I am guessing you have the stereo and TV in cabinets to the left of the stairs into the bedroom area. It is well documented the TV is held in by long screws from the side (hidden under wood plugs) in the outside wall and through the top or bottom of the TV from the shelf above/below. It is likely a similar situation was used to secure your stereo. Take a hacksaw blade and go around the top, bottom, and sides of the receiver. That will tell you were the screws are. Then you can remove them.

The stereo was installed after the RV was manufactured. The RV was not built around it. It went in after construction therefore it can come without disassembling the RV. The trick is to find what is holding it in place.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Check two places-- under the unit and see if there are screws going up into the unit from the bottom side of the shelf it is sitting on OR check to see if there are any screws going into the side of the unit from the edge of the shelving. Our OEM television was screwed into both the bottom and the side of the TV. The side screws were covered up with wood plugs that matched the wood trim. Ours was as 2004 2980RL so yours could be the same because Montana did not change the entertainment area that much over those years. Tell us what you find and how you get it out!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote