Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-26-2004, 05:45 PM   #1
cargary
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1150
3400RL Delivered

We took delivery of our 3400RL on May 20. As new RV'ers, I have to admit that I was intimidated by the size of this unit. I was as nervous as I can ever remember being. The 37 ft length looked like a mile long. After about 30 minutes of trial and error, (no real error), in the dealers parking lot, we set out for home. I have found out that it is much easier to turn left than right.
On the way home, we received a call that the mother of my wife was not doing well at the nursing home she was in and was not expected to last much longer. This was about 3:30 pm. We got by her bedside around 5:30 and she passed away at 7:30 pm. Needless to say, this put a damper on our excitement with our new 5er. We have now went through the funeral and will be placing her cremated remains in her grave this Sat. After this maybe we can spend some time learning about our 5er. Judging by the amount of booklets, we are going to have a lot of reading to do.
So far, everything looks ok. No water leaks, even with all the rain that has fell lately. The only thing I found so far that doesn't work is the 2 corner speakers. I only hear a hiss out of them. I will have investigate this more when things get to normal again. The quality of workmanship so far looks good. Maybe we got lucky on ours.
Thanks for all the good advice from everyone.
Gary & Carole

cargary is offline   Reply With Quote