Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2016, 04:16 AM   #1
belldog
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4165
Slides

I have 2016 Montana 3611rl. The other day went to pull in slides and door side slide would not work. I looked under camper for hydraulic fluid nothing also underneath is covered. I looked at breakers all ok. There was no light on fuse panel. I wiggled fuse marked kitchen slide. when I tried slide again it worked. Are both slides through this fuse?
I have not called dealer yet any ideas ?

belldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:04 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
My RV is 10 years older than yours and model years around that time were known for having an under rated autoresetting circuit breaker. Many of us upgraded our breaker to a higher rating and remedied the problem. This is in addition to the fuse.

Like us back then, if your slide outs stop, then wait a few seconds and try again. If this is what happens then try searching the forum for the solution to this problem. If you have problems finding it let us know and we'll try to help.

Otherwise, check your battery voltage and fluid level to make sure these are good. These are just a couple things to check. Hopefully others will come along and post more recommendations.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 05:44 AM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Your slides are cable operated electric. There is no oil. The motor and the cables are on top of the slides inside. You can stand on the bed and see the gear box and cables. If you wiggled a fuse and it worked I would check all of your connections in the breaker box to see if the connections are tight. Unplug your camper first some are 110 volt.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote