Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #1
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Fresh Water Vent Valve?

Lost City main water pressure to the all faucets in the Monty. If we run the pump no problem all works well! If I turn the city water on there is a noise at the vent valve in between kitchen cabinets and the shower (this is on a 2009 3400RL). This valve can be seen through the sliding pocket door area with a flashlight.
If this valve fails does water then flow to one of the holding tanks?
Do you have to cut the back wall of the kitchen cabinets to access and replace? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ellis

8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:00 PM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
My first reaction is you have hooked up your hose to the flush input vice the city water. I would double check that quickly if the water is still on.
Oh by the way that is a been there done that comment.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 03:51 AM   #3
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
Yes that did happen to me last night in the dark and that is why the noise at the vent valve. Got it corrected this morning afire disinfecting hose and fittings as a precaution even though there is a back flow valve at station. Removed my regulator and reinstalled shore water line to correct input on station and do have water flow now but pressure in rig is very low. Has to be a restriction somewhere between station and water pump, as when we run the water pump, pressure is normal. Water pressure at city faucet is 50 psi.
Thanks again for any advice and/or input.
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 04:24 AM   #4
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
You might try a different hose. The inside lining on these RV hoses have been known to collapse when there is back pressure on them. (Not much back pressure from the flusher) You also have a check valve behind the water inlet bib. Mine has never blocked water flow but has became noisy. I took it out and replaced an O ring to fix that. Good luck, Jim
Old 01-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
LOL H. John. New members think that the MOC Members are so smart. But it shouldn't be long before they realize that most provide intelligent answers because of the "been there, done that" experience. I know in my case I'm running about 50% experience and 10% research and 40% of research it AFTER it's was a bad experience.

Unfortunately the OP seems to describe a bad city input valve. It seems like the OP probably checked the hookups first and since it was working prior and is not working now, it probably failed. When these fail, usually no flow at all - they just close up. Many have created an access panel to it for future repairs. The hard part is locating it. Since mine hasn't failed I haven't bothered and don't know where it is.... yet.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote