Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2013, 07:31 AM   #21
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
So far, my problem hasn't been opening the slides, just closing them, and even then I've been luck enough to catch it before anything was damaged.

Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #22
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
Does anyone know how small a Kleenex box can get? Also the handle on the side of the chair got caught one time and started to pull off the fascia board.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #23
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Jan is that called a "Compact box of Kleenex"?

Anyone seen an extension cord hanging out the side of the unit after you've opened them up? Won't tell you how that happened or who did it either!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #24
Neil.M
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #12816
Used to hang my CPAP hose over the top cornor of the bed slide out. Time to come home, no problem bringing in the slide but when we got home and moved the slide out we (I) smashed an $80 CPAP mask. Put a hook on the trim for it now, stays inside the slide. From all the posts, we MOCer's don't have a problem admitting when we screw up!
Neil.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #25
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Jelly beans....3400RL kitchen slide.....no damage......no further comment!

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:17 AM   #26
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
I think we've caught everything imaginable in our slides, but the worst was the time a fluorescent light bulb got caught in the living room slide. When that thing popped, I thought I'd literally been shot. Pieces of it when flying and hit my right arm. It sounded like a gun shot. We laugh about it now, but it scared the crap out of me at the time.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #27
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Sink covers will take the fascia rite off when they fall behind the slide those cylinders are STRONG. Very bad when the montana is almost new but you can take off the face with a good 1.5" puddy knife and then remove the white backer board that is screwed to the alum frame tap the holes back in with a hammer and rescrew in a new place and replace the face and fill the holes with a putty stick from lowes. I fixed mine and last year helped my friend do his mountaineer that he caught the recliner when going out.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #28
subra1228
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10766
One day I was in the bedroom when I heard Brad say, "Suzanne, will you come here a minute."

Well, he rarely uses my name, so I knew something was up. He asked how the cabinet door handle got bent about 45-degrees. (We have an island kitchen, and this was the cabinet under the sink opposite the oven.)

I casually replied, "Oh, one time I was putting in the kitchen slide and it wouldn't go in all the way. I looked, and the door was still in the open position, taking all the weight of the slide being pushed in."

He just stared at me, with a somewhat dumb-founded look on his face. I told him it happened a few moves ago, so no big deal.

subra1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #29
chieflawdawg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6935
I wasn't going to tell anybody on here how "stupid" I was, but since y'all admitted to your mistakes, I will also. Just brought home our new 2013 3100rl. The slides were out and I needed to close the door side one to get my boat out of the garage. Turned the recliner to where I thought it would clear. Started closing the slide and heard a terrible "crunch". The slide caught the corner of the recliner and pushed the coffee table into the rear wall. The result was a fist size hole and crack under the rear window. Three days after buying it. So after getting sick on my stomach, getting the guts to call and tell wife, I called insurance and found out we were covered. Took to CW for estimate. Felt pretty good when they told me the wall board was only around $200. Then got estimate on labor (13 hours estimated). Sick again. My stupidity ended up with a $2k cost tag. Check, check and double check.
chieflawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #30
Stephen Underhill
Established Member

M.O.C. #12826
So far one cabinet door but I sure am more careful now
Stephen Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote