Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2004, 01:30 PM   #1
captbanjo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1269
2005 3400 RL

It came on Friday. We didn't expect it until maybe the end of June at the earliest but it's here. We did an initial tour and everything looks good. A couple of minor issues. The screen door seems to be slightly off skew and there's a small tear in the ceiling but it is small and some sort of putty will probably conceal it. From the looks of the speakers, I'm guessing the surround sound is more gimmick than substance but I can always upgrade that. This unit is huge. Ceiling fan, woodstove (electric) and lamps galore on the walls. Pretty impressive! The ceilings alone are impressive. We're coming from a 23 foot travel trailer to a 37 foot fifth wheel. Definitely gonna need some backing practice with this baby. The bed is big and for that matter, so is about everything in this thing! A little overwhelming after the two month wait. The irony is that our truck still hasn't arrived but we're hoping by week's end. A couple of things: our oven is normal but the microwave seems to be some sort of combination dutch oven AND microwave. Is this possible? That's what the front indicates. For anyone who the central vacuming, is there supposed to be only one place in the middle of the RV where you plug in the hose? That's all we can find so far. Well, if the truck can get here we'll start experimenting with her and find more questions I'm sure. Our first schedule camping trip is in Maine in early July. My wife and I can hardly wait. Thanks to everyone here who has helped us plan on what unit to buy, truck to buy and the many issues concerning equipment, etc. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Wayne and Cathy Morrison

captbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:57 PM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Congratulations on your new Montana and new truck we all know what that excitment feels like.Have fun on your July trip we look forward to hearing about all your great adventures. Happy RVing
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:13 PM   #3
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Congratulations Wayne and Cathy on your new Monty! It sure is exciting isn't it? Once you bring her home you can have fun loading her up!

Your oven maybe a combination convection/microwave. That is what came in our unit, however, without the gas oven. Have a cupboard below the 3 burner range instead.

We don't have a central vac system, but it is our understanding that there is one central plug, however, the hoses are long enough to get into all areas of your Monty. Maybe someome who has a central vac system will be able to confirm this for you.

Regarding your new tow vehicle -- CAUTION -- our truck dealer informed us to get at least 500 miles on the new truck, before we pulled anything. You may want to check this out with your truck dealer.

You are correct, you will find that the sound system is more gimmick than substance.

Many happy trails to you ......
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:01 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congratulations on your new RV. You have chosen a great floor plan. =) You only have one location for your central vac. Mine is located in the island outside the kitchen. The hose will go all the way to the closet in the bedroom with no problems. I am glad I went with this vac instead of hauling around an upright. Works pretty good and takes less room. The best thing I found when learing to back this Montana up is PATIENTS. Even with being so large, this unit travels down the road very well. Just keep an eye out when making corners for that tail swing. I found that out the first corner. Almost side swiped the car next to me, as I am used to the travel trailers with the axles being farther back. Again congrats and enjoy your first trip this summer.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 04:56 PM   #5
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Congrats on the early arrival of your Montana. Yes, Montana Sky is correct, there is only one plug for the central vac and the hose amazingly stretches to every nook and cranny. I love my central vac system.
Vickster is also correct, you definitely need 500 or more miles of break in on your tow vehicle before hooking up your Montana according to our dealer. We also purchased the truck at the same time as the Montana and did lots of driving around the area to get those miles on as quickley as possible before our Montana delivery date.

May you have many happy miles in your new wheel estate!
Hope to see you at the Rally!!!
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:04 PM   #6
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Congratulations on your new Montana, May you have many trouble free miles. Keep us posted.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:57 AM   #7
Montana_1190
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1190
There was a shorage of gas ovens and they were substituting the microwave/convection ovens. Our Mountaineer came in two weeks ago and it has the microwave/convection oven and the gas oven. Just consider it a bonus! Have fun!
Montana_1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 03:51 AM   #8
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Congratulation. You will enjoy the new unit. Happy camping.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 06:01 AM   #9
Montana_464
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #464
I was told when I bought my truck that I should change the oil in the rear differential also because the mfg. puts in the lightest oil possible. I was told this on the Dodge truck world forum. I had the mopar additives poured in too. It only took us one trip to visit my wife's sister to put the 500 miles on.
Montana_464 is offline   Reply With Quote