Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #1
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
prariepoodle Update -11-2-12

I received a phone call at 8pm (9/28/2012) from Linda who was in the hospital.
10 years ago she had some mesh put in her belly area and it has become seriously infected. The Doctor told her most patients do not survive the corrective surgery she is about to receive. The doctor is doing every thing he can for her but had to be honest.

Please everyone lets show her the power of the MOC Prayers.

9/30/12 update from Linda's son.

We just talked to her and she is sounding good. They are doing some early prep today for her surgery tomorrow. We are thankful that this was caught but would have been better if it was caught sooner. Her surgery begins around 3pm tomorrow afternoon and will last somewhere between 5-8 hours. We are all scared as you can imagine but are confident that the doctor is one of the very best at this procedure. I will keep you updated.

I received the following from Linda’s son.
10/1 18:00
My mom is about to go in for an extensive. There is no promise of making it through. Your prayers would be appreciated. Thank you.
20:00
Her vitals are good thus far. There was NOT any infection in the bowels like they thought. Not sure they will have to use cadaver parts or just clamp off. Better than expected up to this point. Note: I did not post that Linda told me they had cadaver part for replacement tissue if needed and worse case.
20:38
More good news. They will be able to bypass the original graft. It seems they are surprised as to where all the infection went. They will be finishing up soon
22:30
We are in the consultation room now waiting on Dr. Melton. The procedure went a lot better than expected. Most of the infection was not there. They are finishing up on her now and she will be able to recover in a regular room as opposed to icu. Prasise God to the great physician, and thank him for this amazingly talented doctor.
22:39
Doc said we are not completely out of the woods but all in all she is doing very well. 4 to 7 days to recover.

MOC Power of Prayer helped too.

10/4/2012 11AM from her son's Facebook post
Update on Mom. She is still under sedation while they try to get her functioning kidney to work properly. A kidney doctor visited yesterday and they put her on a mild dialysis. Her vitals are all looking good and we hope they let her wake up in the next day or 2. My dad is doing much better and i using her cell to keep in contact with me. That's a big deal cause he would never use the cell before. He has gotten some rest and is eating better now. She is his world and this has all been very hard on him which i completely understand. We are looking to go back on Saturday after i get the job done that i am on. Continue to pray for us please. Also, add my Louisiana brother Sean Williams to your prayers as well. We just found out he has a type of cancer. When it rains it pours but we ALL have the ability and strength to break that cloud bank and let the sun shine through. Thank you all!! Your concern and support has meant the world to us! Have a great day and get out there and make a difference! Dale

10/7/2012 1 PM posted by her son, Dale on FB.

New update on mom: Not much has changed. The doctors are keeping her sedated because of how intense the surgery was. Her good kidney is slowly starting to produce and they are trying to keep her blood pressure from yo-yo'ing. I talked to her at her bedside yesterday and she opened her eyes when she heard my voice. This waiting stage is really tough! There will be a very long road to recovery once she comes around and we will be her care takers. I have an amazing wife for standing by my side through all of this. She loves my parents and considers my momma one of her best friends. That means the world to me. Thank you baby!

Update per Son Dale 10/9/2012 6 PM

Update on Mom 4: She is now off the ventilator and coming off the sedatives. They have her setting up and she is slowly coming around. I'm sad cause i know that she is going to be in alot of pain for a while and recovery will be an extremely long process. A lot will be different for her from now on and we look forward to being there 100% and providing for her. The least i can do for someone so wonderful, someone that was always there for me! I love you MOM!!!

Late edit - 10/8/2012 off Facebook

Update on mom 3: just talked to her nurse and was informed that she is off the blood pressure meds and the numbers are starting to look good. Her kidney is doing better too! Thank you all for your prayers!! God is working!

Update per son Dale 10/13/2012 6 PM from facebook

Mommas awake and talking but sure is in a lot of pain. For those that might want to talk to her, next week would be a good time. She is at Oklahoma Heart Hospital, room 311.

Linda Whetstone update per her son Dale Whetstone Facebook post 10/18/2012 at noon

She is better. Starting to talk more and even called me yesterday. She still has a long way to go and will have to go through physical therapy but all in all things are looking up.

10/19/2012 11AM phone call to Linda by me.
She says her many stitches are not healing well and she is in a lot of pain. They are transferring her to another hospital.
I will post more as I receive it.
11/2/2012
8:33 PM I just talked to Linda. She is at the Edmond Oklahoma Rehabilitation center for about two weeks. She sounded much better on the phone and has been going through therapy. She said she has numbness in her legs and feet but still can walk.
She thanks everyone for their prayers and said people can post on the forum, use the forum PM or use the forum to send E-mail.

H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote