Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #1
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Resolved -Tadi Bros just lost my respect!

I purchased the following Wireless RV Backup System with a Dual Rear Camera System. Two days ago the system completely shut down while I was traveling and stopped working. I have been on the phone with the service support people (3 different people with no resolution.) First, I was told the company would replace the entire system and send me a new system. Now, I am being told the system is out of warranty and I am required to purchase an entirely new system. The system is out of warranty by 78 days! And, the company will NOT stand behind this product after I spent $700.00 for this system? This is unacceptable. Anyone else had problems with these folks?

Wireless RV Backup System with a Dual Rear Camera ... $701.29 Shipped Wireless RV Backup System with a Dual Rear Camera 2 side cameras and Monitor $719.99
Subtotal: $719.99 Discount: $35.00 Domestic - UPS Ground (Recommended) - Shipping: $16.30 Tax: $0.00 Grand Total: $701.29

awheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:57 PM   #2
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
This is why I always buy items like this or others that I do not have a personal experience with with a credit card. I have had problems with sellers that are not on the ball sometimes, it`s just somebodies wife trying to make extra money on the side and does not have a clue about the products they are selling like most things anyway.
You can dispute the charge in question if you don`t get satisfaction from the seller. Your credit card company will refund you your dollars and back charge the company. The last time this happened to me was when I bought an expensive advertised 20 gallon fuel cell for a specific project and when I went to fill it up it only held 14.85 gallons, couldn`t use it, company refused to take it back cause it was installed and has had fuel in it. Called credit card company and explained the issue and they said no problem, had my card credited the dollars in 2 weeks end of story for that company.
You can do the same with this camera outfit hopefully you used a card.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
I have a Tadi Brothers system and had the exact opposite experience. They were better than great for me to work with sending out replacements parts long after any warranty.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #4
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
I would not be happy either. But being “out of warranty by 78 days” apparently means you have had it a year and two and a half months. I don’t think a credit card dispute would work here. Looks like a case of a bad investment in a company not willing to work with you and a lesson learned.

Edit. Oops. I was just after Lynwood. Maybe depends on the customer service agent you happen to get.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:45 PM   #5
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
I wouldn`t take it

Any product you buy has an expected service life that is reasonable. This is clearly not, I would expect a repaired unit. If I used that mentality when I built custom homes I doubt I would have done as well as I did for 30 years. Things break you fix it and forget it, customer comes back, very simple concept.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:06 PM   #6
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
This is why I always buy items like this or others that I do not have a personal experience with with a credit card.

Yes, I purchased with a credit card.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:08 PM   #7
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Any product you buy has an expected service life that is reasonable. This is clearly not, I would expect a repaired unit. If I used that mentality when I built custom homes I doubt I would have done as well as I did for 30 years. Things break you fix it and forget it, customer comes back, very simple concept.

Thank you. My feelings exactly. If the unit was 2+ years old I would bite the bullet. This unit, however, is barely out of warranty.
Old 12-07-2018, 07:09 PM   #8
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
I agree.
Every thing is we make is warranted for life. If it breaks we fix it. Most of the time if you do some stupid we fix it, no charge. I have even fixed my competition’s products, no charge. That is why customers keep coming back. If you can’t do that word gets around and pretty soon with the internet people quit calling and you are out of business. Tadi Brothers are you listening!
Lynwood
Old 12-07-2018, 07:12 PM   #9
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Follow-up

I had expressed my disappointment with this matter up the food chain and just received an email back from Tadi Bros, including a return shipping address. They have agreed to repair the unit.

So, until then - no cameras.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:41 AM   #10
grumbolt
Established Member

M.O.C. #22670
good to hear you have gotten satisfaction from the manufacturer!

by the way... check your agreements on your credit cards.

several of my credit cards have a "double warrentee" provision in them. its basically a built in extended warrentee.

there have been several things i have had replaced by my visa under warrentee that would have been a dead loss.
grumbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 07:46 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Out of warranty is out of warranty.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 10:19 AM   #12
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Good to hear. This electronic stuff sometimes just breaks for no reason. Most of the time it can’t be fixed. It’s cheap and not worth fixing so I suspect they will send you a new unit.
Lynwood
Old 12-08-2018, 10:33 PM   #13
Lucky23
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18031
AMEX extends to 1 year.
Lucky23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:23 AM   #14
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
simple answer is contact your credit card and see if they automatically extend the warranty period....many do that.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 07:27 AM   #15
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
If your truck broke down and needed a new motor. Dont think because you are 70 days past the warranty that they are going to give you a new motor. Life just doesn't work that way. Put your self in the other guys shoes. if a guy came to you with a problem would you reach into your pocket and hand him a new product. Sure sounds simple give him a new one to save a customer. Sounded like the company was trying to help the OP out. There is a reason for a warranty in the first place. You can't call the credit card company after you had a product for more than a year. Give me a brake. This happens all the time. One guy has a problem and post it on the net flaming the company. I am sure he is mad because he spent all this money and now it doesn't work after a year. I would be mad also but I don't buy this kind of stuff. I have backed my rig up so many times without one issue. I just get out look and get er done. I have 2 boards that I park my trailer on and they never move. I put the trailer on the boards. It's called practice. I am getting good at hitting them the first time. I can see them in my outside mirror. My wife doesn't help with this because she doesn't go with me to the storage place.
Sorry OP your item doesn't work Wish you had a better experience with this company.
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:36 AM   #16
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
?

I would expect this logic from a 12 dollar set of children's walkie talkies from Walmart after a year. But given the complexity of installation and cost of system...…..nah
Old 12-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #17
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Come on guys they are going to fix it, GOOD COMPANY.
Lynwood
Old 12-09-2018, 03:09 PM   #18
awheeler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19482
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
Out of warranty is out of warranty.

Well, that's just not how we do business in Texas.
Old 12-12-2018, 10:29 PM   #19
grumbolt
Established Member

M.O.C. #22670
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bone View Post
If your truck broke down and needed a new motor. Dont think because you are 70 days past the warranty that they are going to give you a new motor. Life just doesn't work that way. Put your self in the other guys shoes. if a guy came to you with a problem would you reach into your pocket and hand him a new product. Sure sounds simple give him a new one to save a customer. Sounded like the company was trying to help the OP out. There is a reason for a warranty in the first place. You can't call the credit card company after you had a product for more than a year. Give me a brake. This happens all the time. One guy has a problem and post it on the net flaming the company. I am sure he is mad because he spent all this money and now it doesn't work after a year. I would be mad also but I don't buy this kind of stuff. I have backed my rig up so many times without one issue. I just get out look and get er done. I have 2 boards that I park my trailer on and they never move. I put the trailer on the boards. It's called practice. I am getting good at hitting them the first time. I can see them in my outside mirror. My wife doesn't help with this because she doesn't go with me to the storage place.
Sorry OP your item doesn't work Wish you had a better experience with this company.

my suggestion of contacting their credit card company was not to somehow have the charges reversed, but rather check to see if they have an extended warrentee provided by their credit card company.

happy trails
grumbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 04:01 AM   #20
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

I agree out of warranty is out of warranty and I don’t care what state you are in a contract is a contract.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote