Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2019, 04:33 AM   #1
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
Comfort Control Center 2 Thermostat

Recently my thermostat showed a E1 code. I reset it and the 2 A/Cs worked.

This moring it showed the E1 code again. Reset it and now it doesn't work and a Zone 4????? along with Zone 1 are now is showing. Zone button doesn't change anything when I push it.

Have no idea what to do. Help

mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:33 AM   #2
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
LCD Error Code
When the system determines that one of the faults listed below has occurred an error code will be displayed in the LCD for the zone in which the error occurred. During normal operation, a blinking zone number indicates a fault has occurred. The error code is displayed in place of the temperature set-point.
Error Code:
E1 Loss of communication between the CCC 2 thermostat and all system power
module boards. System will shut down.
E1 LossofcommunicationbetweentheCCC2thermostatandanin dividualsystem
power module board. The LED will display error code EI and the zone num- ber that lost communication. Any additional zones that loose communication will blink in addition to the current zone.
E2 Open circuit or out-of-range indoor temperature sensor. All heat , cool, and de- humidify operations will be locked out. Manual fan operation will continue.
E3 ShortedIndoorTemperatureSensor.Allheat,cool,anddeh umidifyoperationwill be locked out. Manual fan operation will continue.
E4 Open circuit or out of range Outdoor Temperature Sensor (select models). Heat pump and dehumidification operation will be locked out. Air conditioner, furnace, heat strip and fan operation can continue to operate.
E5 OpencircuitoroutofrangeFreezeSensor.Airconditioner anddehumidification operation will be locked out. Heat pump, furnace, heat strip and fan operation can continue to operate but displays the last temperature set-point.
E6 OpencircuitHumiditySensor(SelectModels).Airconditi oneranddehumidifica- tion will be locked out. Heat pump, furnace heat strip and fan can continue to operate.
E7 Loss of 120 VAC power to all power module boards on the system. The system will shut down.
E8 Invalid zone configuration. The heat pump and heat strip DIP switches are both set to the ON position in one zone. Heat pump, heat strip, air conditioner, and dehumidify operation will be locked out in the affected zone.
E9 Invalid zone configuration. The dehumidifier DIP switch and either the heat pump or heat strip DIP switches are set to the ON position in one zone. Heat pump, heat strip, air conditioner, and dehumidify operation will be locked out in the af- fected zone.

I’d be looking at the comm cable from thermostat to each AC unit and furnace...try reseating the modular plug on the CCC2 thermostat...

Factory reset steps... this may help

System Reset Procedure
When your unit was installed the appropriate dip switches on the electronic control board were turned on to match your system configuration. Any time these settings are changed, a system reset will need to be done before the CCC 2 thermostat will recognize the updated selection. To do a system reset:
• •
• •
Make sure the CCC 2 thermostat is in the OFF mode.
Simultaneously press the MODE and ZONE buttons. The LCD will display “IniT” and all available zones.
Release the MODE and ZONE buttons.
Press the ON/OFF button to exit system set up.
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 05:05 PM   #3
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
The comm cable, which looks like a regular phone cable but is wired differently, goes from the thermostat to usually the Zone 1 A/C, then another cable goes from that A/C to the second A/C, usually Zone 2. I lost the function of our Zone 2 A/C years ago, but the Zone 1 A/C and furnace, which is usually connected at the Zone 1 A/C, both still worked. After some digging, I discovered a large amount of corrosion on the connectors and circuit board in the control box below the Zone 2 A/C. I replaced the box and all has been good since. The photo below shows the corrosion on the board and on the phone jack connectors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	corroded AC board.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	107.6 KB
ID:	3178  
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:33 AM   #4
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
From Dometic it appears to be the circuit board. The issue I have is was well beyond the normal reset issue.

My issue is that I had/have? is suddenly I had a zone 4 created along with a blinking zone 1....could not change (not able to reset). And then later is did whatever and worked normally.

So, the board has been order....I hope this is it.
Old 03-01-2019, 05:47 AM   #5
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
SOLUTION:
Had a service rep. out to fix the problem.

Problem was: One of the connector boxes in the Living Room A/C had a burnt wire in it. I think they are RJ45.

I heard it all from RVers...it was your thermostat, reset your thermostat(I did a million times), it was your circuit board (there are 2), it was your cable. ALL Wrong:-)
Old 03-01-2019, 08:26 AM   #6
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
How about a picture of the cable? Yes each AC has a module board and “Can” connection to communicate to the digital thermostat or newer “In command” global connect system...

It’s a modular plug in cable end so why was it burnt up? I’d have insisted on having the board replaced as well...
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2020, 01:28 AM   #7
Daniel-J

M.O.C. #25677
You've probably been using the air conditioning for a while. I wanted to ask you for some advice. I have a constant high humidity, so I decided to buy one of these dehumidifiers https://houseweather.org/best-30-pint-dehumidifier/. After reading your question, I had an idea that the conditioner would be better? What do you think would be better in my case?
Daniel-J is offline   Reply With Quote