Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-08-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
mike trinwith

M.O.C. #10091
leaf spring mounting bracket

I noticed my rear axle out of alingment to the front axle. After further investigation I found the bracket that is welded to the frame that holds the leaf spring had broken loose. Question is has anyone else had this problem and what was the cause and fix? Thanks for your input

mike trinwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Yes, last year on a pre-trip inspection found ours on the rear driver side. Called dealer, took in for reweld. We figure that somewhere on either on the way to or back from Alaska it happened.
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:05 PM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
There have been a couple of posts on here about it. It doesn't seem to be a big issue, but it has happened to a few others.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
Our bracket held up but the bolt snapped somewhere on our Alaska trip--probably the result of hitting a few frost heaves to hard. The misalignment of the axle will cause slow tire wear. When we had ours fixed, the trailer shop also welded a cross beam of angle iron between the spring brackets on the front and back to stiffen the frame. This is the same as the "X-Factor" brace that Morryde advertises. I bet I got it installed for alot less than the Morryde brace. My dealer sent me to a very good trailer company and I was very pleased with their work. Our extended warranty covered the fix.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Ours snapped too. Left/Street side, rear hanger. Our dealer sent us to a welding shop they use for this kind of thing and they built us a new one. Ours was covered by warranty after our dealer emailed pictures to Keystone.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Mike,
Get it fixed as soon as you can. Those things can end up causing a lot of damage. Several folks other than the ones who have already posted have had various degrees of failure with these hangars. Good luck.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote