Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
speezack
Established Member

M.O.C. #7906
Send a message via Yahoo to speezack
"Retirement from camping"

What a life!! Gail and I have been camping many years... the last 6 with our Montana. We have had great luck with this camper and in December we let it go to a very nice couple that saw our add on Craigslist.

We have camped with our great Montana 2400 RLS from the shores of Virginia beach to Nags Head, NC... the shores of Myrtle Beach to Miami and Tampa, the beautiful mountains of Virginia, West Virginia, NC, Tennessee and all in between. We toured New England from Niagara Falls to the lobster shores of Maine. We took a great cross country through the southern states from Virginia to southern California and all in between including Memphis, OK City, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, driving across Hoover dam… so many places in between that they cannot be named. Up through California... Yosemite, Death Valley... the big trees, up and across northern California into Reno, Idaho and into Yellowstone, Jackson Hole and all the great points of interest in between... we have met and tried to stay in contact with many terrific folks across this great country. We have taken so many pictures over those years and trips that they may never be properly documented. Back across the great plains through the big cities of Chicago, Detroit, down through Columbus and back to our home in south central Virginia.

There is no way that we can voice the wonderful times and people that we have shared over these camping years. Oyster festivals in Virginia, fishing in Florida, motorcycle events in Myrtle Beach, Daytona and so many others.

Time has come to hang up the campers… multiple back and knee operations, old age and wanting to spend time with the family a bit closer to home.

I have not posted a lot of items on this website but I have read with great interest and followed along with many of the members here, taking advice and following instructions for many needed additions and repairs and upgrades to our little unit. All great advice and wonderful, knowledgeable people with “on the money” help.

We are going to fade into the sunset but don’t think you may never see us again… who knows… I may get that wild hair again and spring for yet another …. Smaller and more manageable camper… just have to think about it for a bit, but for now, we are hanging up our camping.

Gail and I just wanted to take a minute and say thanks to everyone for a very informative, helpful site filled with a wonderful array of interesting folks that have one thing in common… “having fun while camping.”

See ya’all around the campfire… later…

speezack is offline   Reply With Quote