Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HEY KEYSTONE! > What I'd like to say if...
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2018, 09:55 AM   #1
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Who are the buyers for Camping World

I have tried several times to talk to engineers and designers at Montana to no avail. The customer service people SAY they will pass on your contact information but it never happens. Likewise, I have tried to get thru to the 5th wheel purchase agents at Camping World with no luck.

Main reason I wanted to get hold of the purchase agents is that they are the real customers for the manufacturers and as such get listened too. Unlike the end customers that carry virtually no weight with builders.

Oddly I had some suggestions on how to improve their sales of some of the units that were related to quality control on some obvious areas. For instance, my unit had unsightly expanding foam sticking out everywhere. I almost decided not to buy the unit out of concern for the quality of the build just based on that. Sadly it would have been a very easy quality control fix to have the guys spraying the foam take a gloved hand, cardboard or putty knife to smooth down the exposed foam for a clean appearance (would have taken all of 2 seconds while foam was still soft). There were several other appearance issues that would have made a BIG difference as well but you get the picture....

Likewise there are some floor plan ideas that I had (remember I am the guy that did in fact draw out the basement garage design for SOB at the Dallas show that became the HC 381TH eventually). Unfortunately no one wants to listen now......
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote