Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
After Quartzsite

Just saw the posting by Bob about the accident. WOW. Just a note to say thanks for all the good folks that were at the mini rally. That was a great tme on the desert. We are at a nice cg n Florence Az. Will leave here Monday. GO SEAHAWKS. See you all down the road.

rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:50 AM   #2
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Dick and Toni,
Lot's of interesting things seemed to happen on the way out of Q. About 5 miles east of Parker we had a tire on the trailer blowout! No real problem getting off the road and as usual the trailer handled great. Just dinged up my fender area a little more and knocked off the sewer cap. It could have been much worse! AAA was out to change tire within 15 minutes. We drove into town and got a new tire and proceeded on our way.

Glad to hear you're in a nice CG in Florence. We sure enjoyed the Q get together. By the way we have your ice chest. If you come by Bakersfield you can pick it up. If not then we'll bring to the Shasta gathering.

Safe journeys and see you soon. And GO SEAHAWKS!

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:34 PM   #3
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
We made it to Vegas over some of the roughest roads I've been on in awhile...California portion of US 95. I don't remember it being that rough going to Quartzsite! More things moved in the trailer on the trip to Vegas than on any of our other trips. Wish I could have gotten the trailersaver hitch installed before we left.

Glad you and Toni are comfortable in Florence, Dick. Sorry I didn't get to seranade you when you left. The bag balm has just about done its job, but we'll pick up some more here in Vegas so that it ends up in the trailer.

Dennis, we're glad to hear the blown tire didn't delay you too long. Any longer and you might have experienced what we did on Tuesday...warmer temperatures and gusty winds, even a few big dust devils. We knew it was time to go.

One thing we didn't experience, thank you, was the purloining of our generator while we were in Phoenix. Someone walking by as we were hooking up said there had been 27 Honda 2000s taken along Plomosa Road the night before. That's the only model that was stolen. Add those to the ones taken south of I-10, and someone made quite a haul.

Things like that are even happening here at Sam's Town. I was told that a number of bicycles have been stolen. TV satellite dishes and Internet dishes have been untouched, so far. I even brought the bike in and put it in the kitchen last night. I'm glad we have the island or else I probably would have tripped over it.

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Glad to hear from you guys.....enjoying the showers, unlimited electricity, and unlimited capacity of the holding tanks???? we sure are. Makes one appreciate that stuff all the more. We'll head for home on Friday morning, after some more computer work here for family. Actually looking forward to getting home. Safe trips to you all.
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:54 AM   #5
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
After leaving Cochise Stronghold in the Dragoon Montains of Arizona, we ventured into the Coronado National Memorial located in Montezuma Canyon, and we were attacked by this knight in shining armour. Do any MOCer's recognize this individual?? Is this Francisco Vasquez de Coronado or ????.
GOFNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:41 AM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Me thinks it looks like Dragoono Dougo. He fits right in with some of the relics that we saw at the Museum of South Texas last week. http://i1.tinypic.com/n3x1cn.jpg
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #7
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Watch out for that guy, he is to happy with that sword in his hand .
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:54 AM   #8
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Hey Judy, you are correcto that is the infamous Dougo!!!!thought some of you MOC's would like a challange every once in a whileo!!!
GOFNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:35 AM   #9
rlwhit
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3189
Good show Dougo

Whats next?
rlwhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 02:36 AM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I was wondering how they let him go outside in that outfit. Seems like it might be expensive stuff. And Dougo is such a shady looking character!
Old 02-12-2006, 04:24 AM   #11
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
There was no fear that I would run off with that git up on. It weighed in around 35 pounds. Those boys that wore them in the old days had to be pretty tough to carry all that extra weight and walk the hills with it on. I can't imagine them having to do battle after a days hike through the hills.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:19 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I saw a piece on the History channel (I think) showing how complicated it is to build armor for a person. It was fascinating but I sure didn't want to walk about in it. Way too heavy!