Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-12-2005, 12:36 PM   #1
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Erie Pennsylvania

If you are traveling New York,Pennsylvania Ohio Via I 90 and need to spend the night or a few days. I recommend Uncle Johns Campground in Lake City Pa.(WWW.unclejohnselkcreek.com)located off Rt 5 (West Lake Rd.)along Elk Creek. This is a start up CG with Electric, Rest Rooms no sewers yet but a dump station.This is our first season (May Thru Oct)we go up most week ends and have just came back from a weeks vacation. John or Oliver will make you feel at home.
Just tell them we sent you

Ken And Ginny Deiss

kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 01:05 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Ken And Ginny tell me more. Lorraine and I are in Batavia, NY this weekend and plan on going to Niagra Falls Monday to Friday of next week. We should be traveling through the Erie the weekend of the 20th. You say they have electric but no sewers, do they have water hook up? Will you be there that weekend?
I did check out their website unclejohnselkcreek.com but the info is very limited. Wonder if they need to hire a webmaster???
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 02:35 PM   #3
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Glen and Lorrine,Yes they have city water.they have 4 available sites easy to back into.The view from the mountain view window is Elk Creek.We were the only campers their all week except for the week end.This is a start up C.G owner taking it slow also has two rental log cabins.Sorry will not be their next weekend Ginny has to work. If you have not seen Presque Isle State Park it is worth seeing.Also taking Rt 5 rather than 90 which runs along the Lake shore starting in the Buffalo Dunkirk area than into Pa. makes for a senic ride through Grape country which I am sure you are aware of.

Rates are $28.00 a night but you should be able to make a deal
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 01:01 AM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
Glenn and Lorraine: Looks like you are taking the same route to Indiana that we take. I notice you also use I 390 around Rochester.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote