Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Park On The Lake

We have never been to Park On The Lake, but beginning on Wednesday the 12th we are going to take a short trip up the road and just mellow out. Just a preliminary before the big trip next month or May.

Anyone up at Park On The Lake, or nearby, stop on in and say howdy!

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:15 AM   #2
kroencke
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8171
Wayne-Checked out the website and it looks nice. We will have to give it a try. Where will you be going on your "big" trip?
kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Well, we made it. A whole whopping 92.5 miles from the stick house. The roads in are gravel as are the lots, but other than that, what a nice area. We finally have a living room view out the back picture window. It over looks a small inlet with docks for fishing that is part of Lake Conroe. We took Miya for a walk and ended up in the doggie play area. A really nice sized fenced area with a filled water bowl and a toy someone left behind for fetching. She had a ball with the park security man's (Troy) Rottie, Dorcha. The romped and played for a good 30 minutes. They are a Passport America campground, and recognize Thousand Trails members and some others I don't belong to. My stay here for the week will be $132 tax, title, and license to fish. The guy next to me is with Thousand trails and payed $100 for the week. Go figure!!

Edited: p.s., the pull throughs, which I'm in, are a little close together. From about site 76 through 99 there is not much turn around once you get your 5er in. Sites down in the low numbers 12, etc., have a nice turn around and should be able to support a 3400RL. I may just move later as it sits right on the canal. Nice View, nice fishing from the bank or dock on those lower numbers.

I'm presently in space 116 if anyhone is in the area.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Wayne, looks like you got a really nice campground. I love anywhere there is water to fish in, and birds to watch while I carve!!
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #5
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Hey Wayne, I see that there will be free wine tasting tomorrow night. Are you in? Hope you enjoy yourself up there-I'll send our sons family up to join you guys.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Bring 'em on! Bring 'em on!

Wine tasting! Hmmm! That sounds delicious.

Jackie,
We live in Texas City, and I see you are in Houston. We are neighbors.
Later part of April or sometime in May we will head for Pensacola, FL to visit an old military friend. His health is not that stable, but he's an old F..t anyhow. Will spend a week more or less with him and his wife. He stated there was room in his driveway, but I'm still inclined to stay at one of the military bases if I can. From there we will head towards New England. My brother lives in Central Mass. and has two driveways. I just need to figure how to back the Hanna into one of them. Tree heights on the road could be a problem also. In that case, it's a campground or some other relatives driveway. Got tons of them up in that neck of the woods. When ever anyone asks where I'm originally from I tell them Massachusetts, but it was an accident of birth. I left when I was 18.

From there it's to Newport, RI, where my son is graduating from the Naval War College and will be stationed at Quantico, VA. So i'll head on to Quantico and stay at the military campground there if they have the room - or somewhere near by. Then on back to TC by whatever route, sometime in July or August. September is the WM Reunion and my wife wants to attend.