Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2007, 12:36 PM   #1
ChiefKB
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5913
SeeLevel Guages

I am considering installing the SeeLevel Guages that display tank contents by percent of full. I was just wondering if anybody has had experience with removing the underbelly covering/insulation to access the holding thanks.
Thanks in advance

ChiefKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hi ChiefKB,
When I first got my '07 3400RL, I worked on it for 2 month's before I took it out. I dropped the bottom plastic and insulation and did many mods, one of which was installing a tank monitoring system. Dropping the plastic is a good idea so you can attach, support and isolate 'things' that rub on other 'things'; wiring, hydraulics, so on. I routed wiring, rear camera cable, and so on.
It is a lot of work, but worth it.
Welcome to the Forum, we are glad to help you in any way. (You may want to list your trailer model and tow vehicle so we can address your questions better)
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
ChiefKB
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5913
OOps.. Should have mentioned it is a 04 3400RL; Tow Vehicle 2004 Dodge RAM 3500 Diesel.
OZZ:
Can you tell me exactly how the plastic underbelly comes off?
Old 04-28-2007, 02:27 AM   #4
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Just start at the back end, I don't know on yours, but I had to cut my black washing machine drain line, then put couplers in in when I was done. back on the galley tank, I just cut a hole in the plastic, then patched it when I was done installing my tank monitor sending units. The 3/8" screws just Zip out with a cordless drill and driver. It's a chore lining up the holes, I used an awl. Some didn't line up, so I used new self tappers and drilled new holes, hard also.
Good luck with it.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
ChiefKB
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5913
Hey OZ:
Any other advice before I start removing the plastic bottom? I'm a little hesitant when I see how many things I have to remove. Did you take it off section by section, or all at once? Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.