Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #21
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Ok, for the record:

I did get a robo call about 2 plus hours into this mess. checking to see if the service provider had arrived. I gave em a lot of 1's (being the worst) and eventually got to a human who I read the riot act to.

next: They did not tell us to call 911, I did that on my own when I started to feel uncomfy after over an hour.

next: I am hearing very disturbing reports from others that this "we don't have a unit of sufficient size to take care of you" from others. It seems to be the script right now. It only takes a dude with a few tools and jacks to change a tire, it does not take a big rig tow truck.

Next: I am hearing that they seem to have lost this caring feeling, like in, they don't seem to care if you are stuck in traffic, safe or otherwise.

I am not happy, as if you cannot tell, eh?? SIGH. I don't have the energy to fight Sam, but, we will be looking at our situation again, carefully. We have always trusted Sam to be interested in our safety, and at this point, after yesterday and after what I am hearing from others, I don't trust them to care one whit about my safety.

I have other words I could put out here and did on Facebook, but, will keep this nicey nice.

23 years we have been members and have praised them mightly. Very sad.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #22
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Carol,

You may want to contact your insurance company and inquire about roadside service/hazard coverage. I have Coach-Net's Roadside Service plan and they cover my truck and EVERY trailer I own. I have used them in the past and they were prompt in service, but I do recall a time when they were struggling to find a local repair facility that was able to come out and provide some roadside assistance. Remembering that I had roadside coverage through my insurance carrier, I called them to see if they could help. They were able to have a service truck to my location within 45 minutes. Monthly cost to me through my insurance company is $7.50. Having the double coverage through two separate companies has proven to be well worth it as each company pays different rates and is able to get better/faster service based upon the size of their company. Just a thought...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Neither of us has a phone that will do anything other than handle phone calls and take pictures. So we have to call GS the old fashioned way.

I wonder if the use of the app on the iphone routes it through a different group? Or does it just place the phone call and you talk to an individual, same as when we use our phone (except yours is supposed to transmit your location). Just kind of wondering out loud if the problems you had are in any way connected to that app.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #24
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Carol,

We had a blow out on I20 last year in August. Over a hundred degrees! We were told it would be over two hours. We changed our own tire.

Prior to that, we had a blowout in Ohio while it was raining cats and dogs. It took the use of a sawsall to get the remnants of the tire off the wheel, which took me over two hours. GS never showed up.

We're done!
snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #25
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Dave, thanks for your input and suggestion, it will be considered.

Steve, Al was talking to a person the same as you would have been, the app makes the call for you and is supposed to GPS you. GPS failed. I have no idea if that routed us to someone other than what you would get if you called on your "regular" Phone. However, after the stories I am hearing, I don't think the app goes to anyone different.

And, to all that have shared your stories, I know some of you have before, and I thank you for sharing again. I hope when you left Sam you informed them as to why! Just taking our business elsewhere does little good, they need to know why.

It all has to do with the sense of security that has been removed from our relationship with Sam. That and 3 to 5 hours they wanted us to spend on the side of the road.

I had a friend tell me she would have told them I was diabetic and I had to have food. I snorted and snickered a bit and then, as kindly as I could reminded her that Tana was FULL of food! A gal has to have a moment or two of humor in all this. That was mine. No, she is not a RVer and bless her soul, she has NO clue! She thinks long timers and full timers are always on vacation! I tell her vacation is leaving home with a suitcase full of clean clothes and returning a couple of weeks later with that suitcase full of dirty clothes and never having done a load of laundry! LOL
Old 05-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #26
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Carol,
I'm sure Marcus Lemonis would like to hear from you. His email is on the inside front of the Good Sam Magazine. I assure you that he finds this sort of thing unacceptable.
Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #27
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Carol, I fully agree with Larry, aka Hook. Put your fingers to work and send him an e-mail. At any gatherings where we have met him, It's always the same, He can't work to fix a problem if he doesn't know one exists. From the post on this thread, looks like there are good areas and bad areas and as luck would have it you were in a bad area. Several years ago we cooked a bearing on our TT, called AAA as we had the additional RV coverage. They were totally useless, we finally limped to a Pilot station where they gave us the number of a Mobile Service. That's all I was looking for from AAA, but got nothing.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:29 PM   #28
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Hook,

Being on the road since early November, we have very few issues of the mag on board Tana.

One is dated June-July 2012 and there is indeed a email addy for Marcus, which begins with ESP and followed by his name, etc. ESP is for Extended Service Plan.

The other issue we have is August-September 2012 and a quick review of the front several pages and the back several pages reveals nothing.

I found an email contact form last night on their web site, I filled it out, sent it. It resulted in a auto response, which said, briefly, if you do not hear from us in 48 hours, write again.

I hold out little hope on that front. They have a little over 24 hours. I'll wait.

They also have a Facebook page. I have not attempted contact there, yet.

Thanks to Hook and mhs4771.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #29
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
Carol; 2 years ago we had a flat in the first 45 miles FLP change that tire as good sam said 4 hrs so down the rd we go and 100 miles later we blow on the other side a tire , now no spare its late june and on I 75 at 100 degrees we waited 4 hrs for tires and a guy to change them , we got to Ocala , a 200 mile trip in 13 hrs and no spare and 2 odd ball tire we pd tooooooo much for , but that's GS service. AAA is worst so forget that .We tore up both sides of the RV and all the water lines so it was a fix the next day that went forever, and NO sewer hose as it was all on the highway. sailer
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #30
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Go to RV.net talk to Marcus is on the first page
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #31
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Gads John,

This 4 hours on the side of the road, just is unacceptable to me. That is quite some story.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, let us know what happens. I'd bet it is the same people Al talked to. I wasn't sure if the app took you to a voice call or did it all by computer/text.

I think most of these places contract to the same service. So they need to know there are problems, as you said, so they can get on those people. Maybe GS has their own.

In any case, we've had good service in the past and I'm disappointed that seems to have gone downhill. I hope we never need to use it again and, if we do, that we get good service or we, too, will look around for another option. We'll stay with them until then, though, since I've not heard of any service out there that I haven't also heard bad things about. Sad state of affairs.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:08 PM   #33
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Agree Steve, very sad state of affairs. I also agree, it seems to be industry wide.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #34
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Sorry to hear about your problem.. Yah.. any insurance is great until you need it and it doesn't happen. I've never had to wait for more than 2 hours for a service from GS... but, when you consider AAA.. they get there pretty quick. GS needs some real competition. They have really gone downhill in so many ways. Consider what's happening to CW. Can't even get water there any more.. much less dump... at least in the ones near me. All about selling selling selling with poor service.

That said... If you are still around Petaluma, Reed's Trailer on Petaluma Blvd North exit.. the exit for the KOA campground.. has a very good Montana dealer. They may be able to help. Just about a mile EAST of the freeway.
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #35
jmill8
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13434
Send a message via MSN to jmill8
Does anyone have a cable TV wiring diagram for the 3295RK? Keystone sent a diagram but is not for the 3295RK. My cable at entertainment center is dead.
jmill8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:06 AM   #36
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Last June, we had a blowout near Everett, WA on I-5. We were able to get over on the shoulder, but it was not safe. We called BAD SAM, and they informed us that there were not any tow companies with equipment big enough to replace our tire with the spare that could be there quicker than 2 hours. This is just outside of Seattle! I ended up calling Les Schwab which was about 2 miles away. They were there in 15 minutes, replaced the flat with our spare, and guided us to their store. They showed up in a pickup truck with compressor, impact wrench and assorted jacks. Les Schwab Tire Store charged $100 for the service call.....about what we pay for Bad Sam per year......decisions/decisions!

We now use Coach-Net.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 06:24 AM   #37
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
jmill8, I have reposted your question for you,

HERE.

I was afraid your question would get lost here in my rant post. Hopefully you will get some answers. Welcome to the MOC.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:27 AM   #38
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Thank you GreatWhite for that info.

The email I sent 36 hours or so ago has been answered by someone at GS.

I am preparing a response. But, San Fran and the big ole bridge are calling our name, so, not sure it will get done this morning.

Of course, they apologized, which in my mind, after hearing all these horror stories, does NOT cut it!
Old 05-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #39
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Yep.. we have a part of a news show that is called "7 On Your Side".. a consumer help program. People who have had unresolved problems email or call the producer and they choose which ones they feel they can/should help. They all seem to get resolved.. but ONLY AFTER "7 On Your Side" intervenes. Why is that? Why can't they just have GREAT customer service and put the problem to bed. Guess they figure the problem will go away after a period. Issues like yours put a foul taste in the mouth of potential customers. I know I will NOT shop at CW or take their mags or use their insurance... but, that's just me.
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote