Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
3725 RL Owners

If there are 3725 RL owners out there, please provide your comments on your coach. Specifically, can you easily see the TV from the table and recliners? Do people sitting at the table block TV viewing from the recliners? What additions/improvements did you make to the RV? Other comments would be appreciated.

Joe

Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #2
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Here are my rambling thoughts. I can easily see the TV from the table, I typically set at the table and work on the computer i.e. MOC etc. while intermittently watching. The DW usually sets in the recliner near the couch while I'm at the table. The table can be rotated and use only two chairs, but we prefer the four chair arrangement. The recliner viewing position next to the table is blocked while I am at the table. However, if one wishes to move over next to the window while setting at the table this would change. The tv can be rotated/moved to allow better angles. Changes: Swapped out pen boxes, tires and wheels, and propane regulators. We like our TrailAir Triglide, G614s tires and wheels, and both Marshall regulators. Left the ladder/chair at home (heavy) and bought a small stool for the bedroom vanity. The 3725 has the heaviest pen (dry) weight of any Montana and I notice two frame/tubes in the ceiling of the basement, I don't know if this is extra or just a framing change. This is probably not an issue for you, but I recommend a truck with adequate towing/cargo capacity. Plan to put on a 2" receiver hitch for bikes/trikes after towing for maybe 1.5 years and knowing there are no frame issues, and in the mean time will be putting on a front receiver hitch on the truck. Likes: Access to refer and bath (and bed by way of bath) while traveling. If desired the front independent electric slide can be moved slightly if one wishes to not turn sideways to access bath. I like watching tv while laying on the couch, and I often sleep there with pillows under by legs and of course under my back in a hammock position. More cabinet room than we need, side-by-side washer/dryer suits the DW, rear corner sewer storage compartment is a good thing, and additional storage area under bedroom slide is good for for storing HD dish and misc plumbing/electronic parts. Level-Up, and 2 ducted Airs makes life a bit better. Just like our S&B there are things I would change, but this unit get as close to our wants as we could find.
Recumbent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Garry,
Thanks for the great review. Our family has grown and we are considering a trade in. We need the space of the open floor plan and being 6'4" tall and 265# the bigger shower. Just going to have to watch my head when entering the bedroom. We love our current Monty. It is great coach and we have added many improvements, so the next owner will be getting a good deal. Still deciding if we will pull the trigger.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #4
drphelps
Established Member

M.O.C. #4813
Recumbent, how much sewer hose are you storing in that compartment on the rear corner?
drphelps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #5
drphelps
Established Member

M.O.C. #4813
Captain Joe,
We just got ours, maybe 2 weeks ago - still haven't done maiden voyage yet. We decided the "coat closet" would be better served as more storage for DW so put shelving in there. Easily removable if DW says to make closet again. Although haven't "camped" yet, we are very happy with this floorplan. Been waiting for just right floorplan that incorporates all mine and DW wants for the forever trailer - and this is it.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
drphelps
Established Member

M.O.C. #4813
Recumbent,
Sorry for the additional post - forgot a question. As stated, haven't actually used it yet so asking you - to use the water heater on electric, do I just flip the switch on the inside control panel or do I still need to flip the "on" switch on the heater itself as in "days of old" LOL. Thanks
Old 07-05-2013, 10:50 AM   #7
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Dave,
Turn on the switch inside the heater itself, then you can control it with the inside switch if yours is like mine. Really looking forward to seeing the unit and trying to find out what the 2014 new features will be. Might wait if the new feature list is good.
Joe
Old 07-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
drphelps
Established Member

M.O.C. #4813
Will do Captain.
I had 2006 Monty before this one and there was no inside control panel for anything, for the heater you turned on/off at the heater itself. New/Modern is GREAT!!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #9
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Dave, its like Joe said on the electric heat for the water heater. We have the Blue line hose two lengths and blue connector along with a 6" clear attachment and the elbow attachment for the sewer all stored in the rear corner compartment. We also have two other small extensions kept in a sealed 5 gal bucket for those long distance hookups like Fall Rally. I forgot to mention that we also like the kitchen sink Island. We are learning to adjust to the front clothe closet where there is no longer a rod to slide the hangers on. Additionally we sometimes travel with additional adult female guests (DWs cousins) for sight seeing trips. We give them the bedroom for more privacy and we sleep on the couch/air mattress. When the grand daughters visit us like in Yellowstone and trips to the beach they sleep on the couch/air mattress. We also like the 3750 except for the walk-through bath. We thought the 3850 would solve that for us with a stand-a-lone bath, but we were disappointed as it closed off the wide open living room view by placing the refer over in the way. We have looked at the Redwood and Mobile Suites but we would not pay another 40K although they are certainly good quality. One thing we have learned is that buying a RV show display model with thousands of visitors created some additional issues like carpet cleaning etc. So far Montana/Keystone has stepped up, but we do have 3 remaining issues that we hope are resolved this fall at of after the rally.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:05 AM   #10
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Great info....thanks.

We just need to see one and find out what is new for 2014 to see if we should wait or not. Keystone calls on Monday.
Old 07-06-2013, 04:45 AM   #11
drphelps
Established Member

M.O.C. #4813
Thanks to all.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #12
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Well, one problem solved. The 2014's are on the street. I was searching just the model number and not the year. Once I put in the year 2014, they came up. Some in CA, FL, and one in KS and MO. The only difference that I can see in the photos is that the control panel inside the RV has a door on it. Cannot see any other changes. Since I am in MO, a 3-hour trip to Columbia, MO, is upcoming.
Thanks again for all the input.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #13
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Well, went to see the 2014 model in Columbia yesterday. As stated in previous post, the control panel has a door on it and the 2013 does not. They also did away with the sewer hose compartment. The new table with the leaf is not appealing and I do not like the two folding chairs. The bedroom TV is a Sansui (yuk) and the living room is a Sony. Did not notice any other changes. I like the floor plan. Plenty of storage. I do hit my head on the entry into the bedroom and bath. Now we just need to make a decision to go after the 2013.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #14
drphelps
Established Member

M.O.C. #4813
Recumbent, just one more thing. Does your kitchen island feel "solid"? Mine seems to be a bit wobbly, not real solid. It maybe the nature of the beast, but just asking.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #15
Recumbent
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10457
Seems solid to me, but not like in a stick house. Last week I stood on it with the slides closed and wiped out the roof area of the slides where I could reach while up there. Now I tried to use good footing and not step near the edges etc. It goes behind the truck at say 65mph while bouncing over poor quality roads/infrastructure like having an earth quake and stays in place.
Old 07-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #16
drphelps
Established Member

M.O.C. #4813
thanks again
Old 07-09-2013, 02:59 AM   #17
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
The 2014 I looked at in Columbia had a loose island, as well. Told Sales and they stated that they will tighten it up. You may want to add your loose island to your punch list.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 AM   #18
drphelps
Established Member

M.O.C. #4813
It on the punch list. Thanks
Old 07-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #19
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Well, follow this topic for some news. Thanks everyone for your input.

http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...ad.php?t=54587