Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-01-2005, 03:56 PM   #1
IL. Camper
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4055
quest 2000

have a 05 3475 rl . haveing trouble with getting to the surround sound to work check and double check the connections . have had the 2nd unit installed and still not working. help il camper

IL. Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:09 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
il camper
Do a search on here for Quest or DVD or surround. You should get lots of help after reading all the posts. It has been discussed a lot. (We replaced ours as did lots of others.)
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:15 PM   #3
syplace
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1666
I printed the way to go about getting it to work. Unfortunately, we don't have the trailer here & I can't remember exact details. Old age has definitely set in. Do a search under syplace and you will find your answer.
syplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
This discussion happened about 10 days ago under "General Discussions/Improvement/Montana TV". The post below I copied from Lije Baley are comments to me when I was trying to make my Quest work in surround sound and it would not switch to "Pro Logic", hope you can make yours work. Look at this thread and maybe it will give you a some help.

Posted - Aug 22 2005 : 4:47:00 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got it playing in prologic now! Both on 2.0 DVD's with surround encoding and on two-channel music CD's. FM is still two channel stereo only. Following the cryptic instructions on page 41 of the Quest manual:
1)With no disc in the drawer, turn on the unit. Select the TV video input to view DVD's, the DVD screen should appear;
2)Press the "setup" button on the remote;
3)Scroll right to the "audio setup page;"
4)Scroll down to "3D Processing," press "OK;"
5)Select "Pro Logic II;"
6)On the "Pro Logic II Config" screen, select "Pro Logic II," then move right, and select "On." On the same config screen, there are several choices for "mode." I selected "movie," but "music allows more parameters to be set. Either way, I've now got the surround speakers working with cd's and DVD's. And with the DVD's it is true pro-logic surround information in the surround channels (not the dialog I'm hearing in the front/center channels, but ambient sounds).

Also, on the "General Setup Page," turning the "Last Memory" to "On" results in the DVD I was watching starting to play at the point it was at when I REMOVED it from the player. That's a nice feature.

I'm beginning to feel that the Quest may be satisfactory for me as well. After all, for me, this is also a "recreational" vehicle, not my full-time abode.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by - Lije Baley on Aug 22 2005 4:49:40 PM
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote