Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC on M.A.R.S. > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 01-02-2019, 10:03 PM   #21
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 2,146
M.O.C. #20693
On a related note, does anyone know how to run the dryer cycle only on the combo Splendide? As in if you find that clothes did not fully dry, how do you give the unit more time without going thru the wash cycle again? No explanation in owners manual.
__________________
James & Irene Wilson
Bee Branch, AR.
2017 Ram 1 ton diesel duallyCrew Cab/Long Bed
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:42 AM   #22
JamesD
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 51
M.O.C. #10843
They are sure to work, but the dryer will be slower due to the lower power.
Some people have even claimed on other forums that they successfully used the stacked Kenmore or similar stacked washer/dryer units.

I have the combo Splendide. The key drawback vs the stackables is that you can't dry one load and wash another at the same time. If you are only hooked up at an RV park overnight you might not be able to catch up on laundry you've been saving up.
But for me, I usually only have one or two loads, and can just start a load and it's completely done when I get back.
JamesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:51 AM   #23
JamesD
Seasoned Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Denver
Posts: 51
M.O.C. #10843
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlakejim View Post
On a related note, does anyone know how to run the dryer cycle only on the combo Splendide? As in if you find that clothes did not fully dry, how do you give the unit more time without going thru the wash cycle again? No explanation in owners manual.
The 2100XC has it on page 17. Cycle selector settings 5 10 13
Those are the last settings under each section on the front panel on my W/D
Cotton Dry, Synthetics Dry, Wool Dry
JamesD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:13 AM   #24
Goose
Established Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Camden
Posts: 40
M.O.C. #20575
We purchased an Electrolux 24-inch washer because it has a high spin rate (1400 RPMs) that gets more water our of the clothes and decreases the drying time some. 110v dryers are not as quick at drying as the 220v dryers for residential use. Consumer Reports also rated the Elextrolux as a best by for compact units. We put a GE 24-inch 110v dryer on top because it had one of the larger capacities for a 24-inch dryer.


Good luck with your decision.
__________________
Goose
2017 Montana 3791RD
2017 Ford F-350 SRW
PullRite SuperGlide 24K
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #25
team bradfield
Montana Fan
 
team bradfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 312
M.O.C. #19994
either decision beats the (mostly disgusting) laundromats....
__________________

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:52 AM   #26
Tcquilter
New Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Clearwater
Posts: 6
M.O.C. #19612
We have a Splendide 2100XC which is the combo washer/dryer. What we like is the convenience. What we donít like is lengthier!
1. Tiny loads
2. A dryer that takes almost 90 minutes and you will
Still have wet spots.
3. Have an iron handed because no matter what cycle you use, your clothes come out SUPER wrinkled.
4. The entire camper shakes on spin cycle and things in cupboards shift.
5. Have already spent $225 to get a guy to come figure out why it stopped working after 1 year.
6. Thinking about removing it and making better use of all that closet space
7. I could do ALL the laundry in less than two hours at the laundromat whereas it takes all day because load sizes are so small.
8. Adds a LOT of extra weight. Ours in up front in our rig.
Tcquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:29 PM   #27
Jim Homer
Established Member
 
Jim Homer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: St. Albert
Posts: 22
M.O.C. #22634
We have combo unit as well and really like it.
Jim Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:33 PM   #28
Last2Die
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Menifee
Posts: 539
M.O.C. #22986
Just had one installed by CW got it back yesterday. They had to reconfigure the area they had the water supply to high and had to move everything lower. It seemed keystone wanted the washer on top of the dryer thank god they moved the stuff to the proper location. in my 3920 the dryer is on top on the shelf which was very strong and the dryer below secured to the floor sitting on a drain pan. Haven't used them yet but we will when we head up to Santa Barbara Monday.
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 02:43 PM   #29
Jim Homer
Established Member
 
Jim Homer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: St. Albert
Posts: 22
M.O.C. #22634
Weight issue was important to us as well. We had stackable in our other unit and although you could conceivably do two loads one wash one dry - the combo was simply put the laundry in and take it out when finished.
Jim Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:56 PM   #30
1retired06
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lake Gaston
Posts: 7,856
M.O.C. #12156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Homer View Post
We have combo unit as well and really like it.
Same here, works great, wife loves it.
__________________
Mike and Lorraine
2002 3655 FL, 2005 3650RK
2010 3665RE, 2015 3910FB
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:05 PM   #31
Ronda3733
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: PEORIa
Posts: 8
M.O.C. #21954
were do you go in Santa Barbara is it a rv park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2Die View Post
Just had one installed by CW got it back yesterday. They had to reconfigure the area they had the water supply to high and had to move everything lower. It seemed keystone wanted the washer on top of the dryer thank god they moved the stuff to the proper location. in my 3920 the dryer is on top on the shelf which was very strong and the dryer below secured to the floor sitting on a drain pan. Haven't used them yet but we will when we head up to Santa Barbara Monday.
were do you go in santa Barbara ? what rv park
thanks, Ron
Ronda3733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:13 PM   #32
Last2Die
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Menifee
Posts: 539
M.O.C. #22986
Ron, we are heading to Santa Barbara rv park.

Tony
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:46 PM   #33
Clark Anklam
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Merrill
Posts: 5
M.O.C. #23192
Washerdryer

We prefer to use laundromats. Can do all of our laundry at once, doing about 2 weeks worth at once. Many campgrounds we stay at do not have water/sewer hookups, and we don't mind that, especially the price.
Clark Anklam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:10 PM   #34
Rod Spohn
Established Member
 
Rod Spohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Mesa
Posts: 47
M.O.C. #24052
Looks like most use machines designed for RVs. What about apartment size washer & dryers, wouldn't they work. Since I don't see mention of them I'm guessing they are to big or use to much water or something.
Any advice on using apartment units?
__________________
Rod & BJ
2019 3811MS , 2017 GMC 2500 Duramax, Anderson hitch, air bags.
Mesa, AZ
Rod Spohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #35
Last2Die
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Menifee
Posts: 539
M.O.C. #22986
As long as it fits in the space use it !!
__________________
2018 3920FB
2015 Chevy 1500 Super Duper Duramax LB 8x8
2 HF 3500 Inverters with Parallel Kit
Last2Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:47 PM   #36
jeffba
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bastrop
Posts: 2,024
M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Spohn View Post
Looks like most use machines designed for RVs. What about apartment size washer & dryers, wouldn't they work. Since I don't see mention of them I'm guessing they are to big or use to much water or something.
Any advice on using apartment units?
check dryer voltage. Needs to be 110V less that 20 amp
__________________
2019 20th Anniversary Edition 3701LK
B&W 20K for Ford OEM Puck
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW
Poke super lignum unum et diem
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #37
richfaa
Montana Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Ridgeville
Posts: 19,755
M.O.C. #2839
We have Splendide 2100XC which is the combo washer/dryer. We have had it in both Montana's since 2006. We are long timers so it gets a lot of use. It can not be compared with a S&B unit but it is way better than laundromats. We have had one problem in 19 years. Learn to control the load size and they do not come out super wrinkled.Properly installed the shaking can be minimized .We never had anything in the cupboards shift. It can take all day to do 3 loads but it is not very labor intensive to load the unit spin a dial push a button and and let it do its thing.

When in our winter residence in Florida we do use the laundry room for large loads or bulky items. We use the on board unit 2 or 3 times a week and it takes maybe 15 mins of my valuable retired time. The laundry room uses large commercial units wash time 30 mins and dry time 70 mins. We did not have one in our first Montana and after first long trip we spent a lot of time laundromats and spent a lot of $$ in machines . We had one installed when we returned. Everyone has their own choice.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #38
mtlakejim
Montana Master
 
mtlakejim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bee Branch
Posts: 2,146
M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by richfaa View Post
We have Splendide 2100XC which is the combo washer/dryer. We have had it in both Montana's since 2006. We are long timers so it gets a lot of use. It can not be compared with a S&B unit but it is way better than laundromats. We have had one problem in 19 years. Learn to control the load size and they do not come out super wrinkled.Properly installed the shaking can be minimized .We never had anything in the cupboards shift. It can take all day to do 3 loads but it is not very labor intensive to load the unit spin a dial push a button and and let it do its thing.

When in our winter residence in Florida we do use the laundry room for large loads or bulky items. We use the on board unit 2 or 3 times a week and it takes maybe 15 mins of my valuable retired time. The laundry room uses large commercial units wash time 30 mins and dry time 70 mins. We did not have one in our first Montana and after first long trip we spent a lot of time laundromats and spent a lot of $$ in machines . We had one installed when we returned. Everyone has their own choice.
Very similar here. I still work and in an office so we have my work clothes dry cleaned usually. Wife uses Splendid onboard for smaller stuff and occasionally visits the commercial machines in the park we are at (which are very nice, clean and safe) when we get behind or have larger items.

We have been very pleased with the Splendid combo as it does an excellent job and is actually less labor intensive. It also takes up less than 1/2 the space of the typical stacked apartment machines so yeah it's ideal for an RV. Not to mention the electrical power requirements match what you need for an RV.
__________________
James & Irene Wilson
Bee Branch, AR.
2017 Ram 1 ton diesel duallyCrew Cab/Long Bed
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:12 PM   #39
footz1941
Montana Fan
 
footz1941's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Box Elder
Posts: 210
M.O.C. #21057
We have the Splendite stackable. Love them. Wash king size sheets one at a time A little viabration on spin cycle.
__________________
2018 Montana High Country 331RL
2006 Ram 2500 SRW 4X4 Laramie Quad Cab 5 .9
Andersen Ultimate 20K Hitch Lippert Solid Steps Steady Fast stabilizes
Rex and Patsy
footz1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 10:56 PM   #40
cschoer
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Shepherd
Posts: 1
M.O.C. #25112
I was wondering the same thing on the apartment size w/d? We are in Montana and our Montana 5th Wheeler is in AZ. Not sure of the size of the opening.
cschoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Montana RV, Keystone RV Company or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×