Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2005, 12:45 PM   #1
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Fredericksburg RV Park

We arrived this afternoon at Freericksburg RV Park, Fredericksburg Texas. Here for one week. If any of you are in the area, contact us at the yahoo email address, we would love to have a cup of coffee with ya!

Cheers,

Carol & Al

CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 02:56 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
That's one of the places I'd like to visit. Have a great time! J.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:25 PM   #3
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
Thats a great park and a nice little town, spent a month there in Jan and Feb. Have fun.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
We stayed at the Oakwood Resort when we were there in Feb. IF y'all are into mini-breweries/winerys, check out the Fredericksburg Winery on W. Main St. and the Brewery on Main St.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 04:48 PM   #5
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
There is another winery in Stonewall called Grape Creek Winery on US290 towards Johnson City. If ya'll are going to LBJ's home for a tour it is on the way. Last time we were there they had a very good Muscat.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:02 AM   #6
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Charlie and Countryfolks,

I will relay the data to Al, he thanks you for the information!

Carol
Old 04-02-2005, 02:49 AM   #7
Southstl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19
I hope the wildflowers are blooming at the Wild Flower Seed Farm. When we went through a week ago, they had not started blooming. The Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrush were blooming on the roadsides.

Fredericksburg is a great area of Texas, hope you enjoy and get to take in some of the local culture.
Southstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 02:53 AM   #8
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve, will find out later this AM, we are headed that direction first.

What was that curvy road you told us about, don't want to miss it!

Carol
Old 04-02-2005, 05:44 AM   #9
Southstl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19
It is HWY 16 at Kerrville. But there are several around there. But 16 is one of our favorites. It gets interesting between Kerrville and Medina. And then you must stop in Medina at the apple store. mmmmmmmmmmmmm, don't stay in there to ling, I can gain 20lbs just standing and looking. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

http://www.kerrvilletexascvb.com/map.htm
Southstl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 11:23 AM   #10
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Thanks Steve, That is on the calendar, maybe for tomorrow.

We did the Wildflower Seed place today, sorta. It used to be that you could look at the fields of wildflowers without paying anything, pay for the butterfly house. NOW, they have changed the game rules. Now you pay for ALL of it. From what we could tell, the bluebonnets and the Indian Paintbrush fields were in bloom, but not much else. The store is fabulous, the purchasing agent is a genius, as are the people that lay out the design and displays of plants, birdhouses, nursery stock, pots, and a LOT more in the gift store. However, I cannot help but feel they sure made a tactical error in "good will gesture" by charging for the wildflower fields. That was their "draw". Not now. Needless to say, we enjoyed the store and the displays, some were special enough that we even took a photo or two, but we just felt it was not something we wanted to spend $$ on, even tho not an TON of $$. Maybe if more kinds of wildflowers were in bloom???

Anyway, so we headed north out of Fredericksburg on 16 to Willow City Loop. Was a great day for a ride, and I think we got some good photos, will tell later when I up load them to the computer. We THOROUGHLY enjoyed the drive!! Met someone here at the campground after we got back, that did the same tour today, and they were lucky enough to see 2 roadrunners. I have never seen one, that would have been good, maybe next time??

Oh, and we had a FABULOUS lunch at Friedhelms Barvaian Inn. Now, that is GOOD German food!

Thanks for the route and the info on Apple store.

Carol
Old 04-02-2005, 05:32 PM   #11
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Carol, you and Steve Have a good time. Texas is on my list for this year. I'm in fl. at this time, will be heading out Monday to Silver Spring, Fl. for one week then May 1st. Heading to Michigan.
Take care
wendell
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:41 PM   #12
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Carol ... did you go see the bats? They should be back at the Old Tunnel Wildlife Management Area from wintering in Mexico.

BTW ... we've driven through Townsend on our way in and out of Great Smoky Mountains National Park, but haven't really done much other than explore GSM.

Have fun ... that's such a great area.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:56 PM   #13
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Vicki

We did not go to see the bats, Al said he heard they were not there till May?? We did eat at 3 German restuarants, oh, myyyyyyyyy, I now weigh 5 pounds more, . Also drove out to Bandera and Medina, the curvy roads; drove the Willow Creek Loop, very pretty; hit Luckenback; did LBJ ranch and bus tour, very interesting; did Enchanted Rock, and did some walking around Fredericksburg, had the best fudge I have ever ever ever HAD! I am never gonna eat fudge again, unless I can buy it there!

I don't have it all on the web pages, but some of it is there, go to the home page, look at the bottom for Montana Tours of 2005, the last several pages, there is a short description of what is on each.

OH, and Al and I got interviewed by the newspaper from Ft Worth. Even had our photos taken. NOT that they will use them, but I'll have to see if I can find the article. They were saying maybe this coming Wed???

All in all, we had a great time and will be going back!

Carol

Enjoy the SMokies. it is a great area!
Old 04-09-2005, 06:53 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, I was going to recommend the Willow City Loop to you. We also thoroughly enjoyed that drive. There is just so much to see and do around that area. Did you see the bats out at the Old Tunnel Wildlife Management Area? Did you get to Luckenbach? Porky's? The Nimitz Museum? LBJ Ranch and his birthplace? Etc. Etc. Etc. This is another place we will return to someday.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 01:43 PM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Carol, what was the interview about? Be sure to post the link if it does get published.

Great pictures, Carol. Brought back some memories. When we were at Fredericksburg we also drove down to Bandera but did so to meet Mr/Mrs Southstl. Really enjoyed the visit and the trip. We have good friends in Hill Country, one of my best high school friends. They are out near Marble Falls, on LBJ Lake, so we will definitely be back in the area one of these days.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 04:00 PM   #16
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Steve,

Interview, I believe, was how the area was seen through the eyes of people from other places, like us, from Michigan. Not positive. I need to start checking to see if it is online! We were thinking of staying here in Arlington (half way tween Ft Worth and Dallas, sorta), for maybe a week, but that is not gonna happen now. We pull out Tuesday, and the article, may or may not run by then. They said should be online tho. Will let you know.

We did not see the bats, Al said he read where they are not there till May?? Did do Enchanted Rock, no photos online yet, and will not happen while I am on cell phone. groanner building pages with that speed! OUCH Saved the Nimitz museum and other stuff so we HAVE to come back, besides the weather was SOOO fabulous we really did not want to be inside a museum. We drove and stayed outside, and enjoyed it soooo much! Missed Porkys too. Such a shame, will have to go back, oh, dear! HA HA

Carol