Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
Tennessee here we come!

Well, our first trip of the 2012 season is going to be straight through OH from MI to TN. We hope to visit family and also do some genealogical digging around (so to speak). We are also thinking of possibly going toward the Smokies. We hope to be gone for about two weeks during the mid April to beginning of May. Exact dates are not definate yet.

So, we are wondering if any of you have suggestions for campgrounds in the Nashville, Franklin area and also the Smokies. Please share any thoughts or tidbits that would help us with this adventure.

Thanks bunches, Walt and Lynne

WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
We stayed at the Countryside RV park a couple of years ago. This is east of Nashville (actually in the greater Nashville area) in Lebanon, TN--a very nice park.

A good many years ago we stayed in the Montgomery Bell State Park, west of Nashville at Dickson, TN. While we were there we drove out to Franklin in Williamson County to do some genealogical research (not on the Williamson's but on the Spratt's. My Williamson's are from Giles County to the south.) I remember the drive out to Franklin as most scenic with great homes and farms, many I am sure owned by "country" musicians.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
If you are coast to coast members there is Pride Resort near Waynesville NC. Mountain stream running through it. Very convenient to many points of interest . The elk herd in the Cataloochee Valley is my favorite. Cherokee and Maggie Valley are close. Biltmore Mansion is close. Great Smokey Mountain NP is close. Granny's Kitchen is good southern cuisine. Pride is also public. Near Blue Ridge Pkwy. Larry
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #4
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
And right next to the Pride Resort is the Creekside RV Park where we have stayed a couple of times--a very nice park, not far off I-40.

On the Tennessee side we have stayed at the River Plantation RV park in Sevierville (just north of Gatlinburg). If you stay there you might enjoy the Apple Barn Restaurant and the Apple Barn Country Store.

Steve Reigle has some good recommendations in the Gatlinburg area. We deliberately stayed in Sevierville to be near the Apple Barn--no kidding.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

We stayed at Twin Creek RV Resort last June when we went to Gatlinburg and really enjoyed the stay. The park was nice and shady for the most part. If it had been full while we were there I believe it might have been tight getting set up but we didn’t have any problems when we were there. Some of the pull through sites will serve as a double site when they have a lot of campers there. It was a nice park and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:04 AM   #6
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Walt and Lynne, Gail and I stayed at Smoky Bear Campground just out side of Gatlinburg in September of 2010. It was a neat and clean little place just a few miles north of Gatlinburg on 321. They put us on a nice level concrete pull-thru site. And, it was close to the National Park, which we did spend a couple of days in of the 4 or 5 days we was in this park. In fact, the park is boardered by this road in some places going in toward Gatlinburg. It is on our list of RV parks we would go back to.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:24 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Like Bill and Donna, we stayed at Twin Creek RV Resort in Gatlinburg. What we liked is that it is quiet and a nice park in a relaxed small town that's just 3 miles from the entrance to the national park. We spent six weeks in that park and a prior week in nearby Pigeon Forge.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
"Great Jugaly Boo" Applebarn for apple turnover and ice cream. I'm slobering already LOL. I don't think anybody will notice I'm a large person Huh. LOL. BTW River plantation is a very nice park.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:37 AM   #9
patbarton
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11268
I love the Two Rivers Campground in Nashville. Very close to the Opryland Hotel. Next door to a CW, too.

Local wannabee entertainers sing & pick there a couple of nights a week.
patbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:37 AM   #10
WaltandLynne
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10151
You guys and gals are great! Keep the ideas a-comin'!
WaltandLynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #11
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
Stayed at Country RV a few years ago,when I arrived to my reserved pull thru site there were none left and I was told first come first served on the pull thru.They did have a site for me and the campground was nice.
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote