Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds State, Provincial & Federal
Click Here to Login

Old 11-17-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
RKassl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3699
Florida RV Resort on Ocean

Can anyone suggest a really good RV Resort that is right on the ocean or gulf in Florida. Looking for something really nice as a Winter get-a-way for about 4 to 6 weeks.

Thanks

RKassl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:16 AM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Since you are retired Military then try Mayport Fla, Patrick AFB, MacDill AFB, NAS Key West, NAS Pensacola. There are a bunch of very good military CGs in Fla right on the water. Try going to this site, they cover a huge number of CGs http://militarycampgrounds.us/. There also hundreds of civilian CGs on the ocean but you will pay for that view... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:20 AM   #3
nosticks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10378
I'm going over to Beverly Beach RV Resort for a week starting Tuesday. If you like I'll give you a review upon my return. I have not been there as I don't frequent the Least Coast (East Coast) of Florida very often. They are directly on the beach and are pet friendly. They are a little pricey, but they can be. There are not to many RV Resorts directly on the water. You can check them out here. www.beverlybeachcamptown.com
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
Devildog
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4958
We stayed for two weeks at Carrabelle Beach Rv Resort in Carrabelle FL for two weeks in October. 100 yard walk across to beach, but beach was never crowded and fishing was good. Small town, big fishing fleet. 45 miles to the nearest Wally world (didn't bother us a bit), 22 miles to appalachicola where shopping was good and eating was great. Price was great.
All concrete pads, hook ups, good facilities and very nice staff. We plan on going back in April. IGA, Ace Hardware and seafood place in town with a couple of local restaurants that turned out very good.
Good luck in your search and hope you find the right place.
My in-laws have stayed at Camping on the Gulf in Destin for many years. Right on the beach in Destin with shopping and facilities all right there in town.
One thing I did not know about Carrabelle until we stayed there, the beach on the campground is a national historic area. Practice invasions for D-Day were done at this same beach, as it closely resembles Normandy Beach!
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
Lee F.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10754
nosticks,

We stay at Beverly Beach for a month every March/April when we visit my brother and sister who live just across the bridge in Palm Coast. The beachfront sites are on a seawall right on the beach. At high tide the breakers are only 75' to 100' away. The sites are quite close together but that's the price you pay for the location. The place itself is old but kept up quite well, and they keep it clean. The management has always been friendly and helpful. There is a considerable saving by staying a month, but it is still pretty expensive. This year it is $1450.00 for 31 days, 3/12 thru 4/12.
Lee F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
John Dahl

M.O.C. #10950
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Exnavydiver

Since you are retired Military then try Mayport Fla, Patrick AFB, MacDill AFB, NAS Key West, NAS Pensacola. There are a bunch of very good military CGs in Fla right on the water. Try going to this site, they cover a huge number of CGs http://militarycampgrounds.us/. There also hundreds of civilian CGs on the ocean but you will pay for that view... Dave
John Dahl is offline   Reply With Quote