Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2008, 05:43 AM   #21
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
As fulltimers, our state of residence is Washington. We have Dish Network with the DNS for an extra charge. We use these services where ever we travel.

The only issue we have is that we can only see programming from San Francisco or from Atlanta, not Washington. Paying for the feeds for ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX is worth the extra money and any frustrations that may arise from trying to fight with the satellite and government bureaucracies.

Orv, thank you for the information.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:21 AM   #22
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Here is an easy legal way to get Distant Network Service

$74.99 a 6 month period = $12.50 a month.

If you have DirectTV, just call them.
If you have DishNetork you have to all All American Direct to get the programming.

Rots of ruck!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I have a question..I could do a google on it but perhaps a simple answer from someone who has the service. DNS Or the East/ West feed. We are told that the DNS service are the networks feeds..not local channels. Example we have all the networks here in our local area and we are in the Cleveland, Ohio spot beam which means we get the local news/weather/sports, etc.. When in The Orlando Florida spot beam area we get the local orlando news/Weather/sports /etc.We move twice a year...Cleveland to Orlando area and back 6 north ..6 months South. Now If we had the DNS service would we get the Cleveland local channels when in Cleveland and The Orlando local channels when in Orlando????
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #24
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

I have a question..I could do a google on it but perhaps a simple answer from someone who has the service. DNS Or the East/ West feed. We are told that the DNS service are the networks feeds..not local channels. Example we have all the networks here in our local area and we are in the Cleveland, Ohio spot beam which means we get the local news/weather/sports, etc.. When in The Orlando Florida spot beam area we get the local orlando news/Weather/sports /etc.We move twice a year...Cleveland to Orlando area and back 6 north ..6 months South. Now If we had the DNS service would we get the Cleveland local channels when in Cleveland and The Orlando local channels when in Orlando????
What you've been told is correct. They are the network feeds, not the local programs.
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:50 PM   #25
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

...We are told that the DNS service are the networks feeds..not local channels.
...If we had the DNS service would we get the Cleveland local channels when in Cleveland and The Orlando local channels when in Orlando????
The DNS option for East/West feeds gets you the local versions of the various networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, etc) from N.Y. and L.A. So you get the N.Y. and L.A. local weather, announcers, commercials, and preemption's (L.A. loves to show car chases live). These channels are in the 380 (and up) range.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 AM   #26
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
That's what I thought. Really are not interested in the Local NY or LA News/weather, etc since we reside in Orlando,fl area and Clevelend, Ohio. I can see the advantage if you are a full timer and are all over the country.

We are OK as we are..
Old 10-14-2008, 04:23 AM   #27
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Carl,

I know you have Direct and we have Dish. Dish's east/west feeds for us was SF and Atlanta. I'm not really sure if we signed up to receive it that way or that is the standard for Dish.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #28
garyka
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3662
OK I read all of the post and now I'm confused.I just got directv at my home cg and everything worked fine.I will be going to southern Fl. for the winter to a cg that has no cable which was the main reason I subscribed to the dish.My question is will I be able to get CBS.ABC NBC,fox,etc.in this area?
garyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #29
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by garyka

OK I read all of the post and now I'm confused.I just got directv at my home cg and everything worked fine.I will be going to southern Fl. for the winter to a cg that has no cable which was the main reason I subscribed to the dish.My question is will I be able to get CBS.ABC NBC,fox,etc.in this area?
Yes, if you have the RV waiver and get the East-West feeds for ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox News Channel.

Orv
Old 10-18-2008, 03:25 AM   #30
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
You can always use the roof top antenna to get the local stations which are the network feeds.
Old 10-18-2008, 04:09 AM   #31
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
If I got my info correctly all you have to do is call DirectTV and tell them you have moved to your winter address in Florida. Use the campgrounds address as your own.
The RV Waiver only gets you the networks from NYC or LA. If you are in those immediate areas that's fine. If not, you still get the NYC or LA local news. When calling Direct do not even mention the words RVs, Trailers, campgrounds etc. If you do mention you are an RVer, Direct will try to sell you the RV Waver.

We could have purchased the RV Waiver but couldn't see spending the extra bucks each month. As a Fulltimer, during the summer, we don't stay in one place long enough to bother. As a Florida Snowbird in the winter we are in Clearwater for 6 to 7 months at a time and therefore we want the network feeds from Tampa.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:35 AM   #32
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Glenn.. Clearwater can be considered your permanent address. The fact that you are in a RV is the confusing factor to some individual at Directtv. I am sure there are residents in your park in single wides or double wides or park models that only spend the winter there. Our situation is just the reverse from yours..During the summer we are in the Ohio stick house but move around a lot but in general stay within our local spot beam. If we get out of our local spot beam during he summer we just use the roof antenna for the local channels. We are in Florida or some other warm spot for 6 months. We "move" we do a Change of address for 6 months. We are now in the Orlando spot beam area and want the orlando local channels..Now there are folks who say that is impossible to do.. well then Ok it is..do not attempt it. Get the waiver/east/west feeds. If you do call them make sure you mention you are in a RV/Campgrund/ Etc ..that will insure that it is impossible.

I will post no more on this subject..
Old 10-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #33
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Yes, this thread, which I started has been beaten to death. There have been misunderstandings, misreadings, misinterpretations of what others have posted including what I've posted. Each one of us "knows" what can and cannot be done. So, there doesn't seem to be much sense in continuing to post on this subject. But, I won't make any promises that I can't keep.

Orv