Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-23-2003, 03:27 PM   #1
Rob Cooley
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4
Send a message via Yahoo to Rob Cooley
Took care of tire problem

Trying to speed my boat deliveries up today instead of tomorrow and guess what happened. I was coming down I-75 at Ft Myers and heard a strange pop and couldn't figure what it was. When I got in town I stopped and was just causually looking around and I noticed an inside dually tire looked strange. Sure enough it was flat so I went over the bridge to the tire place to have it repaired. Tire shot as the side walls were ripped in several places and it had a great big screw stuck through the center tread. He gave me a price to replace the tire and I said to myself, why buy another tire when I hate these noisy Generals anyway. I told him to make me a deal on six new Firestone Steel-Tex tires as I liked them on my old F250. After hagling a few minutes we had a deal. Now I have new quite tires on the F350 and while I was there I sold my 5 Generals with 10,000 miles on them for $50 each. now I can finish delivering my last boat tomorrow and be able to listen to the radio with out all of the tire noise.

03 F350 6.0 PSD CC Larait
02 Montana 3280
TrailAir Pin Box
Ziggy & Zack Italian Grayhounds
http://www.PictureTrail.com/ziggy101

Rob Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote