Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2005, 04:13 PM   #1
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Reno here we come

Well we've had enough of the Oregon coast. It has been cool,foggy and windy. Now it is cool and drizzly and the forecast doesn't look any better for the next 5 days so we will be leaving Florence tomorrow. If the weather permits we may stop at Crater lake,if not we'll be to the rally a few days earlier than planned. Either way we're getting anxious the meet some of the great people from this site.
YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!See y'all there

PS; So far we have traveled 4600 miles on the way to the rally,had no idea it was so far from Michigan

8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 04:59 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Charlie and Nila, it's actually 12,000 miles from Alabama, via our route. We are in Northern California, Eureka to be exact and plan to pull out tomorrow for much of the same reasoning that you expressed. We had great weather on our drive down the coast but this morning it was very foggy until about noon. We're hoping that it will clear off so that we can see the giant Redwoods in Humboldt National Forest.

We'll be arriving in Minden early, too, so let the party begin!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #3
PERetired
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3897
Can't wait till you arrive in Minden. When do you expect to be here? It will be great to meet everyone and put a face to the names. Mary Kay
PERetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:22 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am sure jealous of all you folks who will be attending the rally this year. I was hoping to go, but things just did not work out. Maybe next year we could try to plan it more in the summer months to see if that will help with those of us in the north who have to get winterized and stored before the snow flys. Hope you all have a wonderful time.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Mary Kay, our agenda puts us in Minden TOMORROW! Saturday! Now if you could get all those Montana owners to help you pull the rig out of OUR site, we'll be your neighbors. LOL! The office said the site was taken but they'll put us up somewhere.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:52 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Charlie and Nila, drive safe! You, too, Glenn and Judy, but I already told you that by email.

I hope you get a chance to see Crater Lake. It's definitely a 'wow!' In any case we'll see you soon. Let us know when you arrive.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:35 AM   #7
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Yup! I'm jealous of all you folks. Due to work responsibilites, I won't be able to leave Elkhart until Monday afternoon at the earliest.

Got a busy weekend to get the rig ready and chores done around the house. Then Monday morning at the office, got to load pumps ,cylinders, Trombettas and all kinds of pieces parts to be able to fix any of you great people. You know the Boy Scout motto, "Always Be Prepared".

Also have a box of flags and bumper stickers to bring to hand over to Don. So, my hope is to be there late Thursday. Therefore, if you see this Challenger pull in after dark, I'm going to make sure I wake EVERYBODY up.

Anyone know what lot or site I'm reserved for? I think I remember Don saying he was going to put my humble little coach smack in the middle of all the MIGHTY MONTY'S. Will I be able to get in the park late at night or in the early morning hours?

As I said before. I'm getting more excited every day to meet all of you great folks.
MIMF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2005, 12:40 AM   #8
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
Correction, I have to give those flags and bumper stickers to Dennis. Sorry!
Old 10-01-2005, 02:55 AM   #9
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Well, Dale, you'd better be real quiet when you come in 'cause I hear from the grapevine that you're going to be next to these mean people from Alabama. But you'll be real handy to put on our new cylinder. We're in #87. Most of all, have a safe trip.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:11 AM   #10
MIMF2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3886
OK! Today is the day!! Got just a couple more things to do to get ready but, I will be pulling out this afternoon. Would like to get into Iowa tonight before I stop to sleep.
Hope to do this when I get off work today.

Hey, maybe if you all e-mail my boss, Pamela, maybe she'll let me off at noon today so I can get rolling. It's pamelav@lci1.com. But, don't let her know where this came from! Even if she does find out, she will have good humor about it.

See all you great folks in two or three days!
Old 10-03-2005, 03:26 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Be careful, Dale. It's a long trip, but it will be worth it. This is a beautiful place, mountains all around the huge basin, 5000 feet up, by the way.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:51 AM   #12
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Dale,
We'll have the scouts looking out for you. You've got a lot of hard driving ahead of you. If you are on I-80 in the Quad Cities area this evening there are several good choices. If you go the north loop there is a nice park behind the Flying J or whatever type service station. I believe it is called Interstate RV park. Nice sites with good room between rigs. If you want to get off the interstate go north on hwy 61. About 10 miles north of 80 you'll find an outstanding county park. Full hookups and wide open sites on nice level area.

If you take the south loop you'll find a park out on the west side of town. It is a state park I believe. But may be a county park. Very nice.

If you don't want an RV park but just want to park for a while the Flying J would work but man was it busy! Lots of traffic. Just on down down the I80 about 5 miles or so was another large truck stop that was busy but NOT as busy as the first one. And it looked like it had a lot of parking spots. Looked to have easy access. But that was a whole year ago and my memory is not real good. The reason I know about this area is because we had to spend 3 days there while my wife got into a doctor.

Travel safely and see you soon. I think it is Iowa that has free wifi at its' rest stops. And I think there is one just to the west of the Quad City area.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote