Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 07-26-2013, 12:36 PM   #21
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
We have 5 grown kids, 10 grandkids under the age of 10. We travel back to their area at least 2 times a year. Visit them and get our doctors appointments taken care of. See what friends are still there. Then, we start getting hitch itch and start moving..... again.

When we lived in S & B, our neighbors did not share our interests.When we were camping, I "never" wanted to go home. That is just me. Life is simpler on the road. More time to read. Try new hobbies. Meet new, interesting people. Life is less expensive when you live simply. IMHO.

To me/us...it is a privilege to live in a campground with changing scenery, changing neighbors, and having optional activities to attend.

"Attend Rallies"!
Attend fairs AND Festivals. (We attended a Bluegrass Festival in Cashmere, Washington this year! (Un-planned event for us! Great time!)

Assist Montana owners with how to sign up for the forum.
Take rides to see the country
Check out the towns and get a feel how other people live their lives
Go to historical museum. Currently Maritime museums are on our radar
Things that are free.
Check out Visitors Centers in National & State parks
Participate in campground activities.
Get to know new neighbors. Share working experience, where they are from, hobbies in common
Talk with the workers in the RV park. They will usually talk a few minutes
Grocery shopping
Laundromat

When we are done moving our home around, we will park it where Bob can fish easily, be within a few hours (or less) drive of the kids, visit grandkids and have a campground where we can interact with other people.

What grandkids would not love to visit Grandma and Grandpa in a campground !

Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:51 AM   #22
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We are in our ninth year of full timing and there are not enough hours in the day.. We have traveled to 49 of the 50 states in our Montana's (we had to fly to Hawaii so can't count that). We have been to all Canadian provinces and down into Mexico. Meeting people and making new friends and being able to visit family all over the country is the best part.. Everyone needs a break once in a while so we bought a piece of property in a RV lot in Florida where we spend several months during the winter to refill the diesel fund so we can go again when hitch itch gets too bad. Some days we just hook up, flip a coin and travel around Florida for a couple of weeks, other times we just relax or drive to the beaches or tourist areas in the truck. We love having our home with us all the time.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #23
TYR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9976
As full-timers for three years, our rig is our home, so . . . we live Life! We have been in one place for a while working an on-site security job which also includes some grounds maintenance and other duties as assigned. We're very low-key, enjoying each other's company, grilling, reading, watching movies, etc. We have a lovely and peaceful environment with wildlife sharing the property. Dave cycles a lot and I walk. We both read. I knit, garden a bit, write, dabble in photography and volunteer in the community. We took a week off in the Spring for a trip to the beach and will so do again in a couple of months. For us, it's not about being entertained by external activities, but the simple things . . . as a two-time cancer survivor, with the latest occurrence last year, simply enjoying each day in the company of my soul mate is a huge source of contentment.

I'm living my dream, the full-time life. I planned to go solo before I remarried, so I'm just tickled to be in this lifestyle.

Guess it's a state of mind. Again, our rig is our home. There is no pressure to return somewhere because we're at home wherever our rig is parked. We put nothing in storage, so there's no worry about having to go check on things. We're working, yes, but it's a laid-back gig and we like it. If we didn't, we'd find something else and move on, 'cause our house has wheels!

To each their own; there's no right or wrong option, just whatever works for you.
TYR is offline   Reply With Quote