Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Let Us Entertain You
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2009, 05:10 AM   #1
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Insigna Converter Box Installation

We were out over the weekend for the spring shake down cruise. There was no cable TV so I decided to hook up and try the Insigna Converter Box on the LR tv. (HDTV in the bed room and it worked great.) I followed the directions - antenna cable to IN and new cable OUT to wall plate, turned on the box - but could not get anything to come up on the screen - just snow. The set up screen would not even display. The tv worked before the installation and after. Any one else have problems? Could it be a bad box? I was going to try it on another tv at the house but have not had time yet.

Old 05-19-2009, 05:27 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
You may have wired into the wrong location.
Here is a had drawing of our trailer wiring.

The coax from the outside connection goes to the entertainment center where it is looped(a jumper strap). Then the coax goes to the antenna power box (green LED) and then back to the entertainment center.
If you want one box to feed the same channel to both TVs you insert the converter box where the "LOOP" is. If you still can not see the setup screen reverse the leads.
If you want it to feed just one TV then disconnect the coax feed into the TV and put that coax into the in connector on the converter box and then the out from the converter goes to the TV.
If this does not help ask more questions and we will try and help. It should work.
Cheers,
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
bw2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5592
Just checking, did you set the TV to channel 3 or 4? This operates like a vcr did.
bw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 09:18 AM   #4
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Yes - I had the tv set to both 3 and then 4. John - you got me thinking about switching the leads. I assumed that the coax that was attached to the wall outlet (in the cabinet underneath the DVD player) was the feed because the cable left the outlet and went up. Would the cable that went up be the feed? I'll try switching the in/out on the converter box.

By the way, John, does Southwoods RV have cable tv??
Old 05-19-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Where is the best place to order the coupon for the converter box? I haven’t got one yet and when I was out last weekend I know I’ll need it for the TV’s in the Monty.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Bill - if you haven't ordered one by now it may be too late. My son ordered two coupons in January and has not received anything yet. They ran out of money for the program at that time. The program has received an infusion of cash and they reportedly have been filling orders again on a first come/first served basis.

Here is the link to the coupons.

https://www.dtv2009.gov/ApplyCoupon.aspx
Old 05-19-2009, 12:24 PM   #7
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bullroc3

Yes - I had the tv set to both 3 and then 4. John - you got me thinking about switching the leads. I assumed that the coax that was attached to the wall outlet (in the cabinet underneath the DVD player) was the feed because the cable left the outlet and went up. Would the cable that went up be the feed? I'll try switching the in/out on the converter box.

By the way, John, does Southwoods RV have cable tv??
No cable TV at Southwoods.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:10 AM   #8
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bullroc3

Bill - if you haven't ordered one by now it may be too late. My son ordered two coupons in January and has not received anything yet. They ran out of money for the program at that time. The program has received an infusion of cash and they reportedly have been filling orders again on a first come/first served basis.

Here is the link to the coupons.

https://www.dtv2009.gov/ApplyCoupon.aspx
Thanks for the link. It indicates that they will be mailed on the 28th of this month. I hope I’m not too late.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:01 AM   #9
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Wha hoo!!! Just got finished messing around with the box and the TV. I think I found the problem. I used a different cable from the box to the TV connection and it worked. Must have been a bad coax cable.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #10
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Glad you got it work.