Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-23-2018, 01:33 PM   #1
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Had to brag about my montana BUT

Feel bad as I see so many postings of folks having so many issues with their new rigs. Unlike our previous three units, Our 2015 was crap. I am no novice to Montana, did a two day on site PDI. Everything good. Within 90 days, everything turned to Sxxx. Major issues. My dealer and Keystone took care of everything , no arguments required. Frig failed because they installed along with the packing material. MW failed because they did not set up the proper venting, and the production line issues go on and on. Probably jinxing myself, but our 2015 has, to include two five month snowbird winters in Florida, been trouble free for 28 months. Nothing for me to fix. Did do some mods, but not driven by something failing. So my message to all with new unit issues, fight hard, get everything fixed, and except for the occasional burp, hopefully like us, you will end up with a reliable rig you enjoy using.

F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #2
CarolD
Established Member

M.O.C. #22008
From your keyboard to the good Lord's ears! May we all have uneventful stays with our rigs!
CarolD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
Texan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19873
As i stated in post 31 i have the quick connect steps. These were the 1st generation of Mor-Ryde's solid steps. While at the national rally last year i decided to install the latest version steps from Mor-Ryde if i could sell mine. I had them for-sale for 150.00 with hand-rail with no takers. These steps are light and easy to take on or off. I store it in the basement on it's edge with no problem. I'm glad i didn't sell them now. The advantage of the quick connect steps is if you have tight storage or if you just want to stop for a potty break when traveling then you can use your old steps if you have them and only attach the solid steps when setting up for a few days. I don't usually use the solid steps when stopping for just 1 night unless my wife is having problems with her knees. There is no perfect solution that fits everyone's needs or wants but my wife had more problems going up and down the steps inside our model 3402RL than outside steps so i did some modification inside to help her get up and down the steps a little easier.
Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
I have a 2003 Montana and would love a new rig but the problem is mine is so trouble free that i just cant get rid of mine. We use it to tour the country. In the last 2 years have towed her 30,000 miles. Sure some hiccups along the way but my fault not the Montana's LOL
She may look a little old that doesn't mean she's slow.
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 03:48 PM   #5
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
I got to visit mine at the dealer. waiting on them to fix it now that parts are in.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1retired06 View Post
Feel bad as I see so many postings of folks having so many issues with their new rigs. Unlike our previous three units, Our 2015 was crap. I am no novice to Montana, did a two day on site PDI. Everything good. Within 90 days, everything turned to Sxxx. Major issues. My dealer and Keystone took care of everything , no arguments required. Frig failed because they installed along with the packing material. MW failed because they did not set up the proper venting, and the production line issues go on and on. Probably jinxing myself, but our 2015 has, to include two five month snowbird winters in Florida, been trouble free for 28 months. Nothing for me to fix. Did do some mods, but not driven by something failing. So my message to all with new unit issues, fight hard, get everything fixed, and except for the occasional burp, hopefully like us, you will end up with a reliable rig you enjoy using.
Ours is the 2013 3402 Big Sky.It has had less problems than our 2006 3400.

3 holding tanks, hot water tank, sloppy wiring at factory,Fridge cooling unit.W/D lost the mother board after 11 years.The usual closet bar fell down and some molding fell off. Wheel bearing failed on the way home in April but got stopped before the entire wheel came off the Montana. We feel we now have the Montana that should have come off the assembly line .We have great Extended warranty and except for deductible no out of pocket and some of it was under the one year warranty.

Once we got all the crap repaired on the 3400 we had a few years of trouble free Rv'ing. Hang in there if you are having the usual or unusual problems it will get better.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 04:59 PM   #7
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Same with us. Minor issues on our 2017, but a couple major issues on our 2010. I just had to rebuild the wall between the closets in the cap, but before anyone says anything about they don't build them like they used to, I knew exactly what I needed to do because I had to rebuild the same wall in our 2010 for the same reasons.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote