Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #21
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hazmic

OZZ
Heading down in Nov

Be careful buddy, look up John and Christa, they live there full time now. I keep expecting to see them on that Border Patrol show, they are a stones throw from the river and border. Or should I say a bale of Marijuana's throw. That area is where they smuggle it over to the U.S.
John had to make some alarms to put out on the buildings, they are patrolling at night because of the theft there.

-

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:52 PM   #22
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Mickey, take your meds. Are you guys down in the RGV?
Folks are folks, some nice, some not so nice. It seems that it is easier to P*## someone off in a MH. Big, noisy, stinky in many cases, maybe because of the long idle time when they set up and break down. It's possible that there is a valid reason, but I don't know of it, seems like they could plug in, switch over to shore power and be quiet.
How is it in Centerville Utah? How far down is it?
The window.... well the guy never called me back with a return authorization, so I have to haul it with us. I am just as prone to be giddy with excitement when the occasion warrants. I just call them like I see them.
Centerville is about 10 miles north of Salt lake, 150 miles from Pocatello. Very nice place to live.I live at the bottom of the foot hills not to far east of I-15 .

PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Ozz we were in salt lake a few weeks ago and really liked it there also went to centerville. Now if you are not happy about pocatello I passed through there and it seemed ok but I had just spent 3 weeks in island park and I don't fish so "RUN OZZ RUN". LOL. I loved it in mountain home ID. To me Utah is nice also. JMHO
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 03:47 AM   #24
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by scductman

Ozz we were in salt lake a few weeks ago and really liked it there also went to centerville. Now if you are not happy about pocatello I passed through there and it seemed ok but I had just spent 3 weeks in island park and I don't fish so "RUN OZZ RUN". LOL. I loved it in mountain home ID. To me Utah is nice also. JMHO
Bobby
Sounds like Ozz missed Island Park, went from Butte to Pocatello,should of swung over to Whitehall down to Ennis, and thru Island Park, and on down to Pocatello. Would have gave him a different outlook on Idaho. I have been going up to that general area now for over 40 years.

Have to ask what were you doing in Centerville. I live there, it is a nice place to live, but would not thing it would be on ones travels to see, unless seeing friends or relatives. I agree is hard to beat Idaho, Montana, and Utah lots to see.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #25
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Ozz, I stayed in Provo, Utah a couple weeks ago. Get ready for the traffic and construction but other than that I enjoyed our stay there. We stayed a week waiting for our mail to catch up to us. There's Provo Canyon drive that is pretty intersting and worth the trip. We just kinda layed back and relaxed there. Deffinately would go back there again!

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:16 PM   #26
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
PSFORD99 we went to bozeman on 191 and back across 84 and down 287 to 87 to island park. It is a beautiful ride that way and did stop in Ennis. while we were there we had to go to wally world for meds so the first trip was to rexburg the closes WM 70 miles next time just to make it interesting we went to bozeman LOL. Also a good trip was to Cody Wy. Island park is a great fly fishing destanation but I would not want to live there LOL. when we were in NSL we found a WM supercenter in centerville good looking place.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:08 AM   #27
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Bobby it appears that we have made the similar trip. Out of all the places I have been in the last couple months the one that tops it all for me was Cody WY. Love that place and the things to do around there. Makes me wanna be a cowboy........LOL

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #28
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:

PSFORD99 we went to bozeman on 191 and back across 84 and down 287 to 87 to island park. It is a beautiful ride that way and did stop in Ennis. while we were there we had to go to wally world for meds so the first trip was to rexburg the closes WM 70 miles next time just to make it interesting we went to bozeman LOL. Also a good trip was to Cody Wy. Island park is a great fly fishing destanation but I would not want to live there LOL. when we were in NSL we found a WM supercenter in centerville good looking place.

Ennis ,and Bozeman are where we do our shopping when we stay in Montana for part of the summer. Have been all over that country over the years. Cody is a very nice place to visit, hopefully you seen the Buffalo Bill Museum. Island Park has some great fly fishing, have fished there many times. Island Park Lodge has some baby back ribs that are as good as any, try to hit that place at least a couple times while I am in the area. Like I said Ozz took the wrong route to Pocatello from Butte, but that route is a pretty straight shot down I-15 to Pocatello.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:03 PM   #29
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Champ_49

Ozz, I stayed in Provo, Utah a couple weeks ago. Get ready for the traffic and construction but other than that I enjoyed our stay there. We stayed a week waiting for our mail to catch up to us. There's Provo Canyon drive that is pretty intersting and worth the trip. We just kinda layed back and relaxed there. Deffinately would go back there again!

Dave

I did have to travel thru that area last winter, and spring on our winter trip south, It was pretty bad traveling thru there with a fifth wheel. I am hoping it will be a little better this winter for our trip south. Provo Canyon is a nice drive, did you go into Heber City ,or up Daniels Canyon to Strawberry , very nice drive , probably about another 20 miles from where you come out of Provo canyon in Heber City.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #30
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:

Ennis ,and Bozeman are where we do our shopping when we stay in Montana for part of the summer. Have been all over that country over the years. Cody is a very nice place to visit, hopefully you seen the Buffalo Bill Museum. Island Park has some great fly fishing, have fished there many times. Island Park Lodge has some baby back ribs that are as good as any, try to hit that place at least a couple times while I am in the area. Like I said Ozz took the wrong route to Pocatello from Butte, but that route is a pretty straight shot down I-15 to Pocatello.
Old 09-29-2011, 05:26 PM   #31
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
Dave I also loved Cody the ride from yellowstone to cody is beautiful and the tunnels right before you get into town is something else. another great ride is down through yellowstone to the tetons to jackson hole and back over 22 to 33 and 32 to Ashton and island park. like I said I don't fish so I rode alittle LOL.
Bobby
Old 09-30-2011, 03:22 AM   #32
kroencke
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8171
Retired in Meridian, Idaho a year ago from Houston. Loving it here.
kroencke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:27 AM   #33
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Wow... I haven't been on line for awhile and then I read this... I found Idaho and Utah to be two of the most beautiful states in the USA...Sorry you missed seeing it Ozz..

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:11 AM   #34
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Well, you can't be everywhere. I can only comment on the sights we saw from Butte to Pocatello.
We did comment how pretty it was south of Pocatello, I wrote the comments when staying in Pocatello. (Coming in from the North)
After visiting The Black Hills, Devil's Tower and the beautiful country around there, Yellowstone with all of it's beauty, traveling up to Bozeman, then Missoula, it was just no contest.
The trip from Butte to Pocatello is not interesting. 10 minutes south of Pocatello was great, Sue and I commented it was a shame the first leg of our Idaho trip wasn't as pretty.
It looks to me like the western, and north-western part of Idaho, (where we did not visit) would be interesting and pretty.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:15 AM   #35
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Ozz, can't remember the town, but our parts driver went to Idaho this summer and visited a place called the Niagra Falls of the west. From those pictures it was impressive and very nice. I think if you and Sue had headed north into the "panhandle" of Idaho you would find the scenery alot like Montana, Yellowstone and the like. Never been to Pocatello (that I can remember) so I can't comment on it.
Safe travels to you both and keep the pictures coming as I am RVing thru your adventures while at work.
Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:58 AM   #36
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Ed, one day at a time buddy. Your turn will come.
I will put North/West Idaho on my list of places to go.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #37
Parts Ed
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11144
Shashone Falls!!!! That is it....... near Twin Falls Idaho.
Malad Gorge is cool too, but I am not sure if that is before or after you would turn off to head south to the Beehive State......

Parts Ed is offline   Reply With Quote