Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Aargh... Bummer.

So, I'm awaiting the UPS guy, not-so-patiently, checking the UPS Tracking site about every 5 minutes to see the status of my new window delivery. Hanging around this crummy city of Pocatello, which I am confident is not on anyone's Bucket list. Probably the entire state, at least the part from Butte Montana to Pocatello will not be on anyone's Bucket list.
So, about 5:00 P.M. the UPS guy shows up, saw his truck in my front mounted camera screen, Sue and I ran out to meet him and get the new window. Un-packed it in the living room, got those little foam beads all over the place, they were hanging all over my hands and arms, I then noticed the corner was bent....and it was a single pane, I measured it, wrong width.
I was like a kid on Christmas morning anticipating unwrapping a shiny new bicycle.
No bicycle. Then all evening I agonized about the phone call to old Doug at the window company, little sleep all night.
I just got off the phone with Doug, he couldn't figure out what went wrong, he asked "Did you make the mistake(s), or did I?"
I read off the list of my wants I had on the computer, gave him the order and quote number. He said he goofed up, would call the factory and get back to me.
Now waiting for round 2, hope it goes better. I want my window.
Leaving Potato-land tomorrow for Utah. Pony Express RV Resort, already have a site reserved, miles of bike paths close, should be good for waiting for my second window.
Wish me luck...

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Ozz, sorry about the window. Surprised to hear you are somewhere that you don't really enjoy. I've never been there so can't comment.

Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks Ray. We ordered the window while in Montana to be delivered here, where we thought we would only be staying a couple of days, but Mr. Murphy and his silly laws intervened. These dummies here at Cowboy RV park cater to Class 'A’'s, so we have had to move around the park to accommodate the 'big boys' and their Toads. That hasn't help us enjoy the stay. The dumb-a@$ manager came to our Monte claiming we haven't paid, he had no record of payment. Sue waved our receipt under his big nose. Oh, the Internet connection here is horrible, slow and dumps you about every third time you require it to work.
We always try and see the good things about any place we go, but it's hard here.
But.... This too, shall pass.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #4
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Ahh, now I totally understand your feelings. Hope your window arrives soon.

Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:18 AM   #5
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
And just think, the rumor is that FMCA is thinking of allowing 5ers to join. Think it will ever happen with Class A owners like that, but then, not sure I would want to join some of them.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Thanks Ray. We ordered the window while in Montana to be delivered here, where we thought we would only be staying a couple of days, but Mr. Murphy and his silly laws intervened. These dummies here at Cowboy RV park cater to Class 'A’'s, so we have had to move around the park to accommodate the 'big boys' and their Toads. That hasn't help us enjoy the stay. The dumb-a@$ manager came to our Monte claiming we haven't paid, he had no record of payment. Sue waved our receipt under his big nose. Oh, the Internet connection here is horrible, slow and dumps you about every third time you require it to work.
We always try and see the good things about any place we go, but it's hard here.
Looks like your evaluation is based on an RV park. Being born in Pocatello I find it different, but we are entitled to our opinion. Your comment about Butte to Pocatello not on someone's bucket list have never fished the Beaverhead by Dillion, or Clark Canyon off of I-15 between Pocatello ,and Dillion. There are many other great places on that route ,but one does have to know that. Your comments, This too, shall pass.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Michelle and Ann, I was biting my tongue about the inconsiderate people that have pulled in on either side of us, every one of them have left their motors running for 10 to 15 minutes after pulling in, stinky exhaust right at our super-slide, one idiot even started his Jeep and left it running for 1/2 hr. after he shut off the Diesel pusher engine.
I don't classify people negatively in this way, I know that these folks are uncaring, but probably many are nice considerate folks, they have not stopped here and parked beside us. Unfortunately.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

Quote:

Looks like your evaluation is based on an RV park. Being born in Pocatello I find it different, but we are entitled to our opinion. Your comment about Butte to Pocatello not on being on someone's bucket list have never fished the Beaverhead by Dillion, or Clark Canyon off of I-15 between Pocatello ,and Dillion. There are many other great places on that route ,but one does have to know that. Your comments, This too, shall pass.
Sorry to slam your area, you are right, I am looking at this from my narrow perspective, not fair at all. I was just so blown away by Montana I was comparing the two in my mind. I am not a fisherman, but did see many fishing, and they seemed to be enjoying theirselves.
Thanks for defending your area.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 AM   #9
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:

Looks like your evaluation is based on an RV park. Being born in Pocatello I find it different, but we are entitled to our opinion. Your comment about Butte to Pocatello not on being on someone's bucket list have never fished the Beaverhead by Dillion, or Clark Canyon off of I-15 between Pocatello ,and Dillion. There are many other great places on that route ,but one does have to know that. Your comments, This too, shall pass.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:35 AM   #10
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PSFORD99

Quote:

Sorry to slam your area, you are right, I am looking at this from my narrow perspective, not fair at all. I was just so blown away by Montana I was comparing the two in my mind. I am not a fisherman, but did see many fishing, and they seemed to be enjoying theirselves.
Thanks for defending your area.
Obviously, you have not seen much of Idaho, you will change your mind on it too.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #11
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Nope, I am hi-tailing it to Utah tomorrow, unless the trip from here to the state line changes scenery drastically.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #12
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
Hi OZZ
I have been told that the ones that own MH'S know it all and we know very little. Now I just let them run their mounths and show how stupid they are.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 PM   #13
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:

Nope, I am hi-tailing it to Utah tomorrow, unless the trip from here to the state line changes scenery drastically.
Well, you won't see much scenery in parts of Utah either. Not a bad drive from Pocatello to the border, but from about Brigham City to down past Provo pretty heavy traffic, about 100 miles of I 15 . If that is the way you are going, you are going to look back and think how great it was in Idaho.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I wondered about the traffic down in Utah, it has been very light here.
We often remark about how the scenery changes about every 50 miles or so, more often than not.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #15
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by hazmic

Hi OZZ
I have been told that the ones that own MH'S know it all and we know very little. Now I just let them run their mounths and show how stupid they are.
Wow, what a tough bunch on this thread today, met some pretty nice folks in MH's as I have fifth wheels in my travels, and some not so nice folks in MH's , and fifth wheels.

Ozz, I do hope you get the right window next time, looks like you need something to brighten your day.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:32 PM   #16
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:

I wondered about the traffic down in Utah, it has been very light here.
We often remark about how the scenery changes about every 50 miles or so, more often than not.
Once you get down around Spanish Fork it will lighten up, but there will be no enjoyment until then on that stretch of road. Plus the road construction if is not completed yet in the Provo area.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:37 PM   #17
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Ozz, did you miss the Sawtooths in Idaho? Or McCall? It is absolutely beautiful in those parts of the state.

Oh, and good luck on getting your new window.
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #18
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Mickey, take your meds. Are you guys down in the RGV?
Folks are folks, some nice, some not so nice. It seems that it is easier to P*## someone off in a MH. Big, noisy, stinky in many cases, maybe because of the long idle time when they set up and break down. It's possible that there is a valid reason, but I don't know of it, seems like they could plug in, switch over to shore power and be quiet.
How is it in Centerville Utah? How far down is it?
The window.... well the guy never called me back with a return authorization, so I have to haul it with us. I am just as prone to be giddy with excitement when the occasion warrants. I just call them like I see them.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:43 PM   #19
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bob n pam

Ozz, did you miss the Sawtooths in Idaho? Or McCall? It is absolutely beautiful in those parts of the state.

Oh, and good luck on getting your new window.
Yes, we just dropped down from Butte.
Thanks, the window will be one of those deals...
Old 09-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
OZZ
Heading down in NOV.

-
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote