Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
looking for ideas

OK, here's the deal...our gig is up here in MO sometime in March. We will be taking possession of our new house in NY towards the end of April, however we'll be staying in the 'tana for the first month..which creates another problem, in that every cg I've looked at in the area doesn't open until May, but that's a minor issue. What we're looking for ideas on is this...roughly midmarch til midapril, somewhere in between here and NY to spend the month. Prefer on/near a lake. I'll pull the boat to that destination, then back for the 'tana. I'm thinking about Kentucky Lake...anyone got any other thoughts? Oh yeah, I'd like to avoid going thru the mountains, i.e., up thru cinnci or up pittsburg or something like that. your input is greatly appreciated !
Bill

Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:38 AM   #2
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Land Between the Lakes in KY on the western side of the state. Beautiful area and Kentucky Lake on one side and Lake Barkley on the other. All the fishing one could want. Campgrounds galore. We stayed at Hillman's Ferry CG. Very nice and will accommodate big rigs. All FHU and its all on federal land. If you have the access pass then they take off $6.00 for your campsite. I must add, beautiful area too.

If you need any further info pm me and will try to answer your questions.

Dave
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
lasater
Montana Master

M.O.C. #77
Yup. "Land Between the Lakes" at Kentucky Lake and Barcley Lake is a neat place to stay. We spent a week there last summer. If you opt for that area, be sure to go see the laser light show at the planetarium. It will really entertain you.
lasater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:35 AM   #4
junglejim
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9245
Bill, another option is if you have to be close to your new house is to look at mobile home parks. I travel for work and I like the campground feel when I get home. However at times we run into situations like yours where either there are no CG close to the job or they don't open until a certain date. So we look for and have been parked at (more than once) mobile home parks.
junglejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 AM   #5
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
"Land between the Lakes" is the place to visit. Bill, It was also nice meeting you last week.
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #6
Wild Horse
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10026
Kentucky/Barkley Lakes are high on our list for sure. It's not 1/2 way "home", but it's close enough. I'm thinking/hoping the crappie fishing is on then.
Cap'n Joe, nice meeting you too...hope all is well with you, and if you need something give a holler.
Bill
Wild Horse is offline   Reply With Quote