Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
Gallatin, TN

Well iam heading to Gallatin tn. the weekend of Oct,3,4 does anybody know of a nice campground in that area..........thanks Allen

mcgiver2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 04:48 PM   #2
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
We have stayed at Bledsoe Creek State Park “ONCE.” I wouldn’t recommend it based on our previous visit. It was a nice shaded place but they locked the gates at night. If you had to leave or go anywhere you had to open it and close it with a combination lock. We didn’t have the Monty then and had a much smaller unit. I’m not sure it would be large enough for a Montana.

Don’t really have any recommendations for that immediate area but I would consider Baron River Lake State Park near Scottsville, KY. I have stayed there more than once; not in the Monty but I believe it would be sufficient for space. Make sure you ask for a flat place though. There are a few sites there that are nice but if you don’t have the wheels chocked really well you could be setting yourself up for a problem. We stayed in one row that had slight hills on each end of the site and you parked on the peak of the hill. Comfortable and not to steep for camping but if it wasn’t chocked your trailer could get away from you whenever you disconnected. It shouldn’t be a problem as long as you chock the wheels. Sorry I can’t be of more help than that!

We haven’t been to either place for a few years now and a lot could have changed. Perhaps someone that lives in that area may come along soon with their knowledge.

Old 09-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
maynardga1

M.O.C. #8439
We have stayed at Cages Bend COE on Old Hickory Lake just south of Gallatin; site 11,13,14 or 15 and they were all great sites right on the water. We have an RL3500 and it fit fine. Also have stayed at Baileys Point COE on Barren River Lake in Kentucky several times site 22,15 or 17 are nice.
maynardga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 AM   #4
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
Thanks for the info...... can you also tell me how far from Nashville to Gallatin , we were thinking of just staying at 3 rivers campground we been there a lot of times.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:47 AM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
It looks like a little under 40 miles. Sounds like a good choice if it’s somewhere you’ve already been. You can go to Google maps and type in the address and get directions to Gallatin for more precise information.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:37 AM   #6
mcgiver2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2389
Thanks everyone for the fine info as always this forum helps everyone ....................thanks again Allen one more question before i get to Nashville we be stopping at Raccoon Mountain we never been there either any advice in that area ........
Old 09-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #7
tom41
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6363
Mcgiver2, there is a cg 2 miles off of hwy 109. Its only 11 miles to Gallatin via 109, also if you are coming from chattanooga up I-24 when you get to murfreesboro, on the north side take 840 off of I-24, its about 21 miles to hwy 109, then about 3 miles to the rd which Countryside rv part is on. also its a short distance to Nashville from there.
http://www.countrysideresort.com/
tom41 is offline   Reply With Quote