Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #21
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
"Accompanied by Paulson and Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke, Bush participated for about 25 minutes in a discussion late Saturday with the Group of 20 nations, which includes wealthy countries as well as major developing countries such as China, Brazil and India.

Bush acknowledged that problem began in the United States, but told participants that "we’re all in this together," according to a White House spokesman, Tony Fratto.

"We take this seriously and we want to work with you," Bush assured the ministers, according to Fratto.

Wellll here we have our President bashing our country..What shall we do...what shall we do...

richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:24 AM   #22
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Richfaa - I don't understand your comment that our President is bashing our country - I don't see it as that - he is simply stating the facts and is trying to foster team work to help put the economy back on track.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:27 AM   #23
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steves

Richfaa - I don't understand your comment that our President is bashing our country - I don't see it as that - he is simply stating the facts and is trying to foster team work to help put the economy back on track.
I was refering to a earlier post when someone got on my case for "bashing the USA" when I stated the facts and said most the same thing the president said.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:38 AM   #24
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
It may be just me but I feel this thread is becoming much to political. Over the years the Admins have frowned upon any political or religous threads. I, for one, feel it is about time that this thread be either locked or deleted.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:24 AM   #25
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
Richfaa- Thanks - I should have read all the posts.

Glenn - You may have a point about getting too political but it's just a discussion on the economy and politics is involved. I often feel you are too GMC eccentric on a lot of your posts but don't criticize your intent or your IMHO. The moderators will handle any off track discussions.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:29 AM   #26
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Me thinks Rich is sounding very presidential

see Hope Lives thread at: http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31170

Joke people, just a bad joke before my coffee.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:04 AM   #27
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I don't think anyone has mentioned a politial party or candidate or attempted to sway anyones opinion or vote. As amatter of fact I don't see anything said here that is not being said by our Government, President and the candidates.

By the way that "hope lives " thread is very funny and you know I did not start it..I am running on the "who me" ticket.

BY the way.. 'My Country right or wrong" The entire phrase is..."My country right or wrong; If right to be kept right,and if wrong, to be made right"
Old 10-13-2008, 04:11 AM   #28
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by steves

Richfaa- Thanks - I should have read all the posts.

Glenn - You may have a point about getting too political but it's just a discussion on the economy and politics is involved. I often feel you are too GMC eccentric on a lot of your posts but don't criticize your intent or your IMHO. The moderators will handle any off track discussions.
Steve, The Key word is politics. As a discussion on the economy I have no problem. Right now the politics of the thread is miniscule but even miniscule posts have a tendency to go beyond.

"eccentric on a lot of your posts". In your opinion maybe so but I disagree. As you well know, I do have a tendency to "tell it like it is" or the way I see it and that's the way it should be for anyone on here. If I disagree with any one's post I have a right to tell it as I feel it is and not ignore it. Or maybe, to avoid confrontation, I should just agree with it right or wrong. Well you know that ain't gonna happen. Just like I do, you have the given right to post your opinion whether it agrees with mine or not and I think you just exercise that right.

"The moderators will handle any off track discussions" or the Admins and I hope they do. I have seen many completely innocent discussions on this forum and others get off track with politics or religion. If there is one thing I learned in life it's--When amongst a group of people you barely know NEVER get into politics or religion.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:48 AM   #29
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Who gave Glenn the Mike.....
Old 10-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #30
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
C'mon everyone...breathe deep. It's Election time and a tough time as well. I for one don't see Richfaa or Steves at the crossroads of politics. It's all about the economy and to some extent how we get outta of the mess we're in.

Glenn, are you in Clearwater yet! Watch for the Pinellas County elephants!!!! Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 12:27 PM   #31
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Who gave Glenn the Mike.....
Maybe somebody gave him a "goose" to get him jumping.g

BTW: He has been that way ever since he admitted he has a aftermarket air filter. gg
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:34 AM   #32
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
I just finished teaching a MacroEcon undergrad class and one of the articles in the text that we used covered the issue of the press and (my words) - 'self fulfilling prophecies'. Since the late 1800s, we have had numerous economic down turns and we've always swung around. Basically what the author said, and supported with graphics, was that you tell someone that things in the economy are going down hill, and they increase savings, they stop buying, and businesses see declines in sales. This results in people being laid off, less product being purchased for inventory, etc., and more people get laid off because of the economy going full circle. However, when we are told things are rosy and getting better, businesses increase inventories in preparation for increased sales, this leads to production increases and investment increases for future gains; more people are hired to make the product, to sell the product, and more money is then available for more purchases. More people earning a check (or more of a check), more things bought, more inventory ordered,more made, etc. and we see an increase in our economy.

Bottom line -- if we see tomorrow as dark and dreary, we prepare ourselves for dark and dreary; the press is helping to sustain us in this mode. As someone else mentioned above, we need to get about our daily business (within reality of the market and our means), but look at tomorrow as a great day, and start to lift this great country out of its doldrums and back into the light where we belong!!!
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #33
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Economic cycles?? Interesting premise. How many grasp that??

I endorse optimism more than the other of gloom and doom.

Well said skypilot! Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #34
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Glenn,
I think you and I are in the same boat. We say it like it is and it sets off a lot of alarms for some reason.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:32 PM   #35
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Orv, I know that you and I quite often disagree for that very reason and I wouldn't have it anyother way.
There's a line from "A Few Goodmen", "You want the truth? You can't handle the truth." This one line speaks volumes for today's society.