Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-31-2004, 12:04 AM   #21
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
I had the hitch installed before I had the line-x sprayed in.when they did spray the bed they removed the hitch and reinstalled it.I love the line-x spray liner.Its very though stuff.i think its well worth the money.I plan on keeping this truck for quite a while and just wanted to do things the right way.Might be more expensive but I feel good about spending the extra money for the Line-x.

harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:11 AM   #22
rehorner
Established Member

M.O.C. #2287
Send a message via AIM to rehorner
I got the Line-X liner when I first bought the truck a year ago and just had a hitch installed last week. There is no problem with this combo. The liner is very stable and fairly hard. It will not interfere with the hitch.
Go for it!
rehorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 12:31 AM   #23
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
The Bed rubber mat works fine for me.No need to do the liner for the few times I use the bed.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2004, 04:55 AM   #24
Countryfolks
Montana Master

M.O.C. #116
I cleaned up the holes myself. I think they were oversize enough to leave light coverage over the metal bared by drilling.

I believe the line-X installer said the liner is applied hot, dries within a few seconds and is cured in 24 hours. They should use tape with an inbedded wire to mask with, otherwise the liner is trimmed with a razor knife, not good. He also had a sample of the Rhino liner, it seemed a little softer, was thicker and had a different texture.
I think he said the colored stuff fades over time, just like the black.

I had mine done "over the rails" to protect the top edge of the bed.

Skip
Countryfolks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 06:11 AM   #25
exfuzz02
Established Member

M.O.C. #2240
Send a message via ICQ to exfuzz02
I have had the LineX in 2 trucks now...the liner was installed prior to the hitch. The spray in liner does not allow moisture underneath like the drop in liner.
exfuzz02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 08:09 AM   #26
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Re the comment about having the liner put over the rails. I agree with that but didn't need it. My Fords all came with bedrail caps. But if they didn't I'd have the liner sprayed there, too.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:03 PM   #27
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Glenn, I'd buy you a Rhino Liner or Line-X if you'd give me your superglide and mounting hardware!

Skip, good point about protecting the holes.
Gotta think on that one..................NOT
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 12:25 PM   #28
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tnorfitz

Glenn,
There are 2 ways to attach the Superglide to the truck. One is the way you stated, but it is more expensive than the universal hitch rails that attach to the truck bed. In using the less expensive attachment, there are 2 hitch rails, or brackets, that attach to the bed of the truck. The Superglide attaches to these hitch rails, or brackets. I received the free demo tape from Superglide, and it shows both the types of attachments. The attachment you described leaves a completely flat bed, but the less expensive attachment leaves 2 rails that are about 1 1/2 inches high.
I transport a Grizzly 4 wheeler in the back for snow removal purposes, and these 2 rails should not present a problem for the 4 wheeler.
For those of you who recommended attaching the hitch, then removing it to spray in the liner to seal the holes, would you have to redrill the holes to get the bolts to fit through the sprayed openings. Seems like you would have to drill back to the metal to get the bolts to fit through. Or are the holes drilled large enough to allow some filling of the Line-X in these holes?
Thanks Tina and Jim, I was not aware there was a hitch with rail system added. The Universal Mounting System was not available when I got my SuperGlide. But it would not have mattered as I wanted the SuperGlide I saw at the show with SuperRail Mounting System. I liked the idea of having nothing in the bed when the hitch was out. I first saw the Superglide at the same RV show where I bought the Montana. After the price haggling was done on the Montana and just before I signed my name I insisted the PullRite 16K SuperGlide be thrown in FREE. The dealer looked at the Montana rep, the rep thought for about 20 seconds and than agreed. I now think I should have held out for the spray in liner as well. Yeah well there is always the next rig.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 11:44 AM   #29
tnorfitz
Established Member

M.O.C. #2069
Vikster,
Did the plastic plugs come with the Pullrite, or what did you use to fill in the holes?
tnorfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 12:56 PM   #30
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
tnorfitz - First of all I made a mistake. We have a Drawtite hitch, not a Pullrite. Yes, the four plastic plugs came with the hitch. Hubby is really pleased with the rail-less system.
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 04:06 PM   #31
worknomore
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2216
Have had Line-X in my last 2 trucks - great product & no problems. Lot easier on the knees than Rhino Lining when crawling around in the bed. Brother-in-law has Rhino in his Ford; said he would get Line-X next time.

Had the rails installed after the lining - no problem. Just touch up the scratches every year on the rails...
worknomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 04:46 PM   #32
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I said above mine has bedrails. Didn't realize until I read worknomore's post that I'm using the wrong terminology. Mine doesn't have raised rails, it has caps on the rails. Flat caps in some black vinyl or plastic material.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote